Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old January 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Video Game that is most like Heroscape

I have been playing the new X-COM game and I think it's probably the closest to playing Heroscape. If only they could adapt that engine to fit Heroscape, it would be awesome.
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:02 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Video Game that is most like Heroscape

No one has played X-com???
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:23 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
No one has played X-com???
Not I, but I've always felt that Heroscape is kinda the two-or-more players variant of Final Fantasy Tactics that I'd always wanted. Sure there are mechanical differences (OMs vs speed counter, squares vs hexes, timing of effects), but Heroscape (especially multi-player on medium maps) has often recaptured the feel of intense, heavy strategy that the tougher story fights on FFT originally gave me.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:45 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played the originals, haven't played the newest one.

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:08 PM

The new is pretty different from the old one from what I understand. The new one is much more streamlined and less in depth. However there is nothing else like it on the consoles. A turn based tactical strategy game that is really fun is hard to come by on a ps3 or x-box. once you play it could see how the engine would be perfect for a Heroscape game. Maybe someday someone with some brains will get it done.
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:36 PM

Bonesaw is surprisingly tart

Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

Older game, but one of those rare titles where the designers hit the formula just right and as a result, it still holds up against the best of today. I still boot it up now and then in the midst of other games like Skyrim.

The similarities include, thematic factions. Different levels of units within each faction. An ever changing battlefield with obstructions, castle-sieging, ect.

It does have resource management and town building though.

As close as it is to HS, it is actually really similar to Summoner Wars.

Either way, I would recommend it to anyone. Even though there has been sequels (I think they are up to HoMM 6), the general concensus is that HoMM 3 remains the best of the bunch. It still keeps a populated following with regular tournaments online. One the best games I have ever played- if not THEE best.
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:49 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Brought out Grand Theft Auto IV again since I never finished it. After that, I'll work on Assassin's Creed III before moving down my list of uncompleted games I own.

Tonight I'll be playing a little Pokemon Sapphire. The game and its partner (Ruby version) turned 10 years old yesterday.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games