Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Question: Defending figures with height get the advantage vs. Special Attacks? I know that the attacking figure doesn't get height but the defending figure does? I can't find this in the rules or in the forums after a search.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; January 9th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:14 PM

Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby! Ashus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Question: Defending figures with height get the advantage vs. Special Attacks? I know that the attacking figure doesn't get height but the defending figure does? I can't find this in the rules or in the forums after a search.
Yes, defending figures with height get bonus defense dice, regardless of the form of attack used against them.

Ashus is Empress Kiova...
in The Cave of Hope...
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:07 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Except the 10th's long guns aren't hit zones.
Myrddin's Call Lightning only requires Clear Sight on the original target, so 10th guns are good.
No, just like all explosion attacks (which have that wording), you still have to have LOS. I'll see if I can find the ruling.
Found it. You are correct.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:33 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Actually Shedim, you were correct the first time - Myrddin's card states:

Quote:
"Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Call Lightning Special Attack. Myrddin only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure."
Thus, he does not actually need to have line of sight to the figures adjacent to his original target.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:43 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post

Quote:
"Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Call Lightning Special Attack. Myrddin only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure."
Thus, he does not actually need to have line of sight to the figures adjacent to his original target.
I think he was only targeting the 10th by sight to their guns in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Thanks. My brother was trying to cheat me out of rolling height against his Myrddin, who happened to be standing 29 levels lower and was attacking three Tenth (I was careless enough to leave their long guns sticking out of the battlements).

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post

Quote:
I think he was only targeting the 10th by sight to their guns in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Thanks. My brother was trying to cheat me out of rolling height against his Myrddin, who happened to be standing 29 levels lower and was attacking three Tenth (I was careless enough to leave their long guns sticking out of the battlements).
You're correct- He couldn't have hit them otherwise.

Last edited by Black_Charos; January 9th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:54 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Right, if Black Charos' brother couldn't see anything but the guns, he couldn't shoot at all, but if he had clear line of sight to one of the 10th Foot, then all figures adjacent to that figure would be affected even if they couldn't be seen.
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM

Bonesaw is surprisingly tart

2 Questions...

If a figure has high ground, but still isn't taller than the defending figures base height- say, a deathreaver up one level from Mimring, does the deathreaver still get height bonus to attack?

I have been watching some videos on Youtube with Legoboy and another guy. They have their figures's bases painted. Pretty cool. Any idea what is the best method to duplicate this?

Thanks.
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:25 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

For the first part, height advantage is determined by the relative positions of the figures' bases. Extreme height advantage is determined by the relative position of the higher figure in relation to the other figure's height.

As far as the other question, I'd recommend using paint.
(I honestly don't know - as the art portion is less important to me).

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - WAVE 40 - WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

bh = base height (the level of terrain the figure is standing on)
fh - the height number of the figure (from the card)

Normal height advantage
-----------------------
bh(fig1) > bh(fig2) : fig1 has height advantage for normal attack or any defense (1 extra die)

Extreme height advantage
-------------------------
bh(fig1) > bh(fig2) + fh(fig2) + 9 : fig1 has extreme height advantage for normal attack or any defense (2 extra dice)

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
I have been watching some videos on Youtube with Legoboy and another guy. They have their figures's bases painted. Pretty cool. Any idea what is the best method to duplicate this?
I have used sharpies on mine. I've tried red, green and blue. Red and green look good, and it is very easy to do. The shape and stiffness of the sharpie's tip does all the work. The color on the blue didn't turn out too well.

There was another user that I remember used nail polish, and it looked better than mine in the pictures. I don't have any idea how much more difficult/time consuming it would be. I think it was Bunjee that did this.

The videos you're talking about look like they might be a product that was mentioned somewhere here a while ago. Some sort of rings or stickers that go on the beveled edge of the base.
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:08 PM

Bonesaw is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post

The videos you're talking about look like they might be a product that was mentioned somewhere here a while ago. Some sort of rings or stickers that go on the beveled edge of the base.
Yeah. They look a little too perfect to be painted or drawn on, don't they? Sure would be nice to know exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
-------------------------
bh(fig1) > bh(fig2) + fh(fig2) + 9 : fig1 has extreme height advantage for normal attack or any defense (2 extra dice)

~Z
Clarifying... is the +9 if the figure's height? As in, "9" is the number of height they have to have above the other figure's height (with bh)? Sorry...I feel like I am making this harder than it is.

Last edited by Bonesaw; January 11th, 2013 at 04:16 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's