Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 18th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Kelda the Kyrie Warrior

I'd waaaay rather face Rhogar than someone who's skilled with Kelda. Rhogar has the advantage of being able to attack, but Kelda heals 2+ wounds on a 6 or higher, instead of just 1. That makes a huge difference when trying to whittle down Q9 or the Lawnmower. When facing Kelda+offensive hero it's almost always better to take out Kelda first (all the while suffering damage from the main enemy). Facing Rhogar I'd just go for the primary offensive threat instead.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

...or Ana....

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 19th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Ana's great because she doesn't require OMs on her to heal, but she's limited to healing small and medium units (think what an awesome combo Brunak+Ana would be otherwise ).

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old January 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM

armiller2015 is surprisingly tart

I wish I had a success story to add to this ignored unit, but instead I have this: I used Kelda for the first time today, thinking I would try something new. But due to her order marker required healing powers, she arrived just in time for my Nilfheim to die. So instead, I decided to heal Marcus Decimus Gallus. I rolled a 1, killing him...

...Lets just say Kelda is going back to how she used to be.
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:29 AM

Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby! Crypto-Knight rolls all skulls baby!

I'm often known for being a lousy strategic thinker and somewhat of an idiot generally, so please pardon if this sounds asinine:

Has anyone used Kelda (or another healer for that matter) to heal an opponent's Krug/Hulk/Scarcarver? As in, some situation might arise in which you want these guys to deal less damage?

Again, sorry if this sounds completely stupid.

rolls one less defense die against figures who like him.
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:42 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I definitely wouldn't use Kelda in that situation; she's already generally a poor use of order markers, healing an opponent's figure would put her usefulness into the negative range. I probably would never use any other healer for this tactic either; to my mind, the gain you get from having those figures attack with fewer dice is completely negated by them gaining life. I would rather heal one of my own figures, then use those healer units to attack something else in my opponent's army that they are likely to kill. I think you are better off investing points in the beginning in a unit that can stand up to one of these units, than prolonging the opposing figures' life, under any circumstances I can think of. Worst case scenario, I'd just keep any figures I was worried about away from a wounded Krug or Hulk until they could be dealt with.

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
I definitely wouldn't use Kelda in that situation; she's already generally a poor use of order markers, healing an opponent's figure would put her usefulness into the negative range. I probably would never use any other healer for this tactic either; to my mind, the gain you get from having those figures attack with fewer dice is completely negated by them gaining life. I would rather heal one of my own figures, then use those healer units to attack something else in my opponent's army that they are likely to kill. I think you are better off investing points in the beginning in a unit that can stand up to one of these units, than prolonging the opposing figures' life, under any circumstances I can think of. Worst case scenario, I'd just keep any figures I was worried about away from a wounded Krug or Hulk until they could be dealt with.
Agreed. To rip-off Denethor (of LotR): "Do not trouble me with Kelda; I know her uses, and they are few!"

In terms of the standard, tourney-style match, Kelda can be alright in certain circumstances...really, only the Fen Hydra and maybe a heroes-only format come to mind. I feel like she took a small hit when Sonlen was released, a substantial hit when Ana hit the table, and yet another when Rhogar came into play. Kelda will still get occasional play on my table, but likely in scenarios.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:12 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Kelda is fun for casual games, imo, but fails in standard play. Different scenarios like dungeon crawls where wounds carry over could be the perfect fit for her. Or if the objective is to keep a certain figure alive or something.

In team play, as well, Kelda shines. Nothing like you using a big attacker while your buddy heals him.
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:40 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Kelda The Kyrie Warrior
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units