Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:14 PM

DerekGlenn has disabled reputation
The Greatest Tournament of all Time

Matrix Renagade and I played at our first tournament at Gen Con and i think i speak for us both when i say we loved it, and of course there are some slight changes that people are discussing on other forums that may need to be made to competative heroscape tourneys but none the less it was lots of fun.

We spend alot of time playing Heroscape and so I came up with this idea that i wanted to share with you all on here. We are going to try and determine the overall best 500 competative Army. And we wanted your input. Here is how we are going to do it.

We are making 64 competative teams, and haivng a tournament swiss style with 6 rounds of swiss, then taking the top 16 (based first on record and second on Points left at the end of the match) and having a 4 round Swiss tournament with them, and then cutting to a top 8, then with the top 8 teams we are having a single elimination brackettourney.

Between Matrix Renagade and Myself we will come up with 52 of the 64 teams to be entered in the tournament and you all will vote of the last 12 teams to enter. We will obviously have the top 8 armies from Gen Con (if they are posted somewhere on a thread it would be great if someone could send me a link, otherwise i'll just go from Memory) and all the other teams we believe to be competative, and you all can post ideas for armies that we are missing and of all those posted we will take 12 to put in the tournament. It will take a long time (231 games to be exact) and wave 8 will be out by the time we finish but it will be great fun anyway, and you all should still be able to use the data compiled in your local tournies.

So here are some things you need to know:

We wil do partial points for armies left at the end of time (so 1 Knight left =17.5 pts not 70)

We will be using the maps from Gen con except "spring Thaw will be replaced by "forsaken watters" cause we hate that map and think it's unfair.

We will use gliphs the same way as they were used at Gencon.

We will do a full hour for the time limit, (added in time to discuss the best play and such, so results will show what should happen if played correctly.)

I will Post 8 Armies a day that will be entered into the Tournament and if any of you have some changes feel free to suggest them.[/color]

[color=red]We will have some armies in the tourney that are similar to each other so that is just to see which variant perfroms better. (for example we like the 3x romans/Marcus/MeburqSa/Negoksa/KravMaga/Isamu version better but some people Prefer the same with Airborne Elite over KMA/Isamu. THey will both probably be in the tournament.

Ok I'll stop now because this post is getting huge. I will Post the first 8 teams that will be entered in the tournament later tonight. I will update this post with the results and where the tournament stands as it happens. It starts the weekend after next. I will compile all teams and stats in a Excel sheet that i can hopefully attach to this somehow.

Thanks,

Derek
Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sounds very cool, I can't wait to see the results, though it may take awhile. If you have all 64 armies though, why not post them all now so we can take a look and give suggested changes. Also I think the armies should be different rather than a 1 or 2 guy substitution. That way you get more variety to see a lot of different play styles. By all means it would not be too challenging to come up with 64 different teams when there are over 120 figures out there now.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:34 PM

Yea i may go ahead and post them i'm still digging around for the top 8 list, and i have 32 teams ready to go, I will need to talk to Zack to see if he has some different teams ready.

My original plan was to use every figure in the game in at least 1 Army, but i realized that to make guys like DUND into a competative army you just have to put him in with alot of other good units, and if so the same army minus dund and insert 110 points of other guys will just be better.

Fear not though not all armies will be the same, i'm just saying there will be more than one Orc variant/Roman Variant/4th mass /Q9....

We will for sure have some unique armies.

I don't have many good ideas for Solan (i think that's his name, dragon guy from swarm) yet, so i would like to hear ideas for him since i think he will see alot of play in competative heroscape.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM

First 8

Here are the first 8 Armies with short explanations

#1 WolfBlast
3x Gladatrons
3x Blastatrons
Raelin

Named after Lonewolf who went undefeated in day one of the main event at gencon with this army. Glad/Blast combo is a army you see in tournamnet everywhere and this is a version we like.

#2 Tronaators
2x Gladatrons
2x Blastatrons
Major Q9
Deathreavers

This is a little different version of the Glad blast team that we have been testing for a while with good results. Hopefully these will be the only versions of this in the tourney, just wanted to get them out of the way.

#3 Warlord leadership A
3x Roman Leginairs
Marcus
Me-Burq-Sa
Ne-Gok-Sa
Krav Maga Agents
Isamu

In Prep for Gencon we did a simliar 64 team tourney and this was the winner so we thought we would throw it in.

#4 Warlord leadership B
3x Roman Leginairs
Marcus
Me-Burq-Sa
Ne-Gok-Sa
Airborne Elite

I think Markwars played this at Gen con, it's a similar version of the team we call Warlord leadership with more soldier senergy. With 2 prettty similar versions of this we should be able to get an accurate picture of how good this team really is.

#5 GWyn's Frienz
2x Roman Legionnaires
Venoc Warlord
MeBurq-Sa
Kyntella Gwyn
3x Aubrain Archers

Kinda fun team that actully does quite well in our testing, Q9 cuts them up usually but it's Q9. Boding and Little synergies with Frenzy and Def. If your looking for sort of non standard army to play this may be for you.

#6 General Arrow Grut A
Mimring
Krug
4x Swog Riders
3x Arrow Gruts
Isamu

Typical Orc/Beast bonding army that you would see at a tournament. Has always had solid results for us. in testing. There will probably be more Orc Armies posted later.

#7 Agent Training
3x Knights of Weston
Thorgrim
Finn
Eldgrim
Krav Maga Agents

This is the Team i played at the GenCOn Main event (only went 3-2) but all in all a pretty solid team with lots of synergy. It has tested really well for us, and we believe it to be a great team.

#8 Long Range BustersMajor Q9
Isamu
Nakita Agents
laglor
2x Deathreavers

One of many Q9/Vydar range teams to be in this, i know this is close to what MonsterTruck Rally won with (can someone let me know?) teams like this seem to get alot of play in tournies.

That's the 8 so far, comments? I will post 8 more tomorrow unless i talk with Zack and we get all 52 ready to go, and then they will all go up. Ohh and i have never posted much before and so if you can't tell i'm a terrable speller, hopefully you can get what i mean though.

laters,

Derek
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I believe that Mattser's army was closer to this (I lost exactly where it was...)

Q9
Laglor
Raelin
Krav Maga
Guilty?

The only thing I'm worried about is that the point system allows a lot of different, but similar armies, and some that people haven't thought of yet.

My Roman/Soldier army for example is a bit different than yours:
Marcus DG
2x Roman Legionaires
2x 4th. Mass.
Me-Burq-Sa
Airborne Elite

And there are many slight variations on that.

Good luck though, I'll definitely await the results eagerly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:38 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
kaemon awa
hatamoto taro
tagawa samurai
tagawa archers x2

great samurai army to try out.

Krug 120
arrow gruts x3 120
swog rider x2 50
cyprien 150
sonya 45
isamu 10

this army won me the western PA tournament. It's a little different that most of your armies, and it works real well.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Here's a Sonlen idea:

Q-9 - 180
Sonlen - 160
Kelda - 80
Raelin - 80

Total - 500

Never used it, but I could see the frustration building on my potential opponent's faces.... Sonlen and Kelda healing each other..... both of them healing Q9..... Raelin protecting everyone.....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
Best 500 point timed army? or best on a game that finishes to the end? I'll stick with the army I brought, because if I was playing every game to the end, it would have been unstoppable.

Nothing I hate more than losing because of time. I think we need Chess Time clocks during tournies. Kinda unfair, when one person uses 15 min and the other uses 45 mins of the game time.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I believe that Mattser's army was closer to this (I lost exactly where it was...)

Q9
Laglor
Raelin
Krav Maga
Guilty?
Actualy he had Marcu and Isamu

I played...

3xReavers
Krav
Marro
AE
Kaemon

if anybody cares

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:02 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
I played...

3xReavers
Krav
Marro
AE
Kaemon

if anybody cares
I care...

No, really. I do.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Nobody remembers second; that is a given

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:36 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
My Roman/Soldier army for example is a bit different than yours:
Marcus DG
2x Roman Legionaires
2x 4th. Mass.
Me-Burq-Sa
Airborne Elite
That army won me my second North Texas tournament. Very high on synergy.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports