Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 25th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Just set up my map.
Old March 25th, 2020, 03:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've played a couple more scenarios in my Rangers of Shadow Deep campaign. Great solo game.

Started playtesting a miniatures game for a company out of London. They made a miniatures game called The Drowned Earth, which I really like. This new game is solo/co-op, so works out perfectly at this time.

Reading the Edge of the Empire core rulebook for Star Wars role playing game. My buddy Brian has all the releases for it, so hopefully we'll get a chance to start playing when things get better. He also runs our DnD group of the past couple years, which has been on hold for the past couple months.

Also reading the Blades in the Dark rpg rulebook for fun and maybe get to play at some point, as my buddy Chris also has this book.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 25th, 2020, 04:23 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

My home life hasn't changed at all, small children do that!

But my parents watched them one day this last weekend and we got to play Heroes of Land Air and Sea! My wife's first time. She didn't like it as much as I'd hoped, since I really love it. But she's willing to try again. It was my first time playing the Undead, really like them so far.
Old March 27th, 2020, 05:27 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My pal who acts as my purchasing partner for Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare (which unlike other Commands & Colors series games offers individually purchaseable units) and I are working on an unofficial super gigantic "Galaxy Game" (aka Epic format) which will include two giant game mats (aka boards or star fields) and generally follow the rules as they are (or now were, due to the pandemic) being play tested at various national conventions, with input from the players of those games.

I've got a draft Galaxy Rules Set and he's working on a special Galaxy Scenario. We're allowing for all of the expansions out so far through Quartermaster's (the recent post-Kickstarter expansion). We're adding in a few things of our own. And of course we're making comments on each other's work.

You can see the drafts of the rules on the Core Game BGG page. The size of my own collection suitable for a double sized game is in the Files.

We recently bought enough stuff to both set such a thing up at our own homes. Since the Red Alert hex grid mats have the same number as a standard Epic set up for C&C series games but have much larger hexes to accommodate the big spaceship unit models, its quite a huge set up!

This will become our solitaire play testing project during these plague months when we can't have players over!

You can find my huge thread/blog/discussion of the entire C&C series here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread...rd-borg/page/1

The C&C series is currently composed of ten different designs, each with their own expansions.
Old March 31st, 2020, 11:53 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played a lot of The Crew with my family. It’s been a lot of fun.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 1st, 2020, 06:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Being Home Alone here in NYC at the epicenter of the Pandemic, I'm solitairing through a great campaign of eight fan scenarios for Memoir 44 posted on BGG last year in the Files section of that game.

They're from Captain America, The Hydra Campaign, based on the film Captain America: The First Avenger. I'd seen the movie again recently, as the first long thing I did when the restrictions of the plague hit was to watch the older Marvel movies.

I'd recently played the first two of the games with Taeblewalker, which we enjoyed, and now I'm doing the next six of them. They are small commando raids, and so perfect for solitaire. The battles feature many of the special units from the movie, the battles shown there, and some others extrapolated from other backstory references and even related comic adventures.

Its lots of fun, and available free to all who own the game! Of course I'm using the Captain America and Red Skull figures from my Marvel Heroscape collection, along with various custom unit counters that come with the campaign on a separate page.

Its also perfect as I await further materials coming from the pal I'm working on the design of the two mat Red Alert Galaxy Game (aka "Epic" format). I've put together the rules, partly with input of players who have play tested this at conventions--this is also available on BGG. I'm helping my pal put together a special Epic scenario for this, which no one has done yet. He's got it set up at his house and is getting ready for a first solitaire playtest. Soon I'll be following suit. Since no one else will be coming over, I can leave this giant game up for a while on the table. The combined game's board will be 108" wide!

Good luck to all and Stay Safe!
Old April 8th, 2020, 03:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Playing this and that with the Mrs. while in quarantine, some of it to try to determine if it's even worth keeping. We just did The Ancient World, which solidified for me that it'll leave the collection for simply being too generic. There's nothing wrong with it per se, but at the same time it doesn't do anything compelling enough to make me want to bring it out over other games.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 11th, 2020, 07:20 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just played Forgotten Waters by Plaid Hat, Lost.

Had a blast playing though. If you like adventure style narrative/story games definitely check it out and see if you’re interested.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 11th, 2020, 09:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Just played Forgotten Waters by Plaid Hat, Lost.

Had a blast playing though. If you like adventure style narrative/story games definitely check it out and see if you’re interested.
I'll have to check it out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Old April 12th, 2020, 12:17 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Recently got King of New York for my son for his birthday. I think I like it a little better than KoT.

I also finally got to try Tiny Epic Tactics. It feels like the first tactical mini game that lives up to the promise of playing quick. It is super portable and the (much longer) adventure/dungeon mode looks neat. I recommend it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 12th, 2020, 01:23 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like King of New York more too. Probably because I actually lived in NYC for a while.

Old April 14th, 2020, 04:32 AM

Have now started my giant solitaire (Pandemic Appropriate) playtest of our fan made Red Alert Galaxy Game (Epic) format. My pal is starting his second game at his own place. We're busy tweaking the format rules and the scenario rules as we go. The first side to move was Green, who "Pearl Harbored" the poor Neutrals set up in the middle, and is now cruising its way to a lop sided score. Can Red recover? Random reinforcements have been equal, but badly placed for Red, who always seems to have worse luck when I solitaire. After 55 Standard format plays, its fun to explore the double sized game possibilities way before an Official one comes out!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games