Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 29th, 2008, 01:31 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Rise of the Husky 2 - Emergency Room Change!

Hello folks! Last year's Rise of the Husky was a great success for the first year of a tournamnet. We plan to continue that success this year!

What:
A knock down drag out bare-knuckle slobber knocker brought to you by the UConn Society for Medieval Arts and Combat (SMAC). Come meet Heroscapers of all ages! There are plenty of places in the building, elsewhere on campus, and nearby for food.

When:
March 28, 2009.
Sign In: 11:00am
Event: 12:00pm – 6:00pm

Where:
There has been a booking problem. The new building and directions are as follows:

The name of the building is Arjona. We are on the 4th floor (there is an elevator).

Directions:
Make your best way to rt 84 in CT.
Take exit 68 (rt 195).
Turn South off the exit towards Stors/Mansfield.
After about 15 minutes you will bw going through the UCONN campus.
After you pass a large lake take your next right onto Mansfield Road.
Take a left onto Whitney road. The buiding that you are driving by on the left is Arjona.

There is a parking lot in the back of the building or you can park on the road.
We will be on the top floor in room 407, 409, and 411.

Cost:
1 unopened Heroscape item or Heroscape related prize (custom terrain is cool, for example).

Prizes:
Players will get to pick a single prize from the prize table according to their rank (highest to lowest).

Rules: (shamelessly borrowed from nyys)

500 point armies.

100 point side bar.

50 minute time limit per round (when time expires the current round will finish, so if you are in turn 1, you keep going thru turn 3, but play will stop upon completion of turn 3).

Classic HeroScape and MarvelScape figures only including exclusives (no Customs, no proxies).

24 hex start zone (if your army can't fit within the the 24 then those left off are considered destroyed by your opponent).

All games will be Kill 'em All scenarios.

Victory points will be used to determine winners of each round and to break win/loss ties when determining match-ups for the next round.

Tournament Director created by Sisyphus will be used to determine match-ups and maps each round.

Fractional Scoring as stated in Grungebob's Simple PNP Tourney System will be used when counting Victory Points.

(i) For each unique squad left on the field, score the squad in proportion to its remaining figures. Example: 2 remaining Nakitia Agents would be worth 80 points.

(ii) For each full common squad remaining score full points, and for a remaining partial common squad, score the partial squad proportionally as above. Example: 6 remaining 4TH MASS LINE figures would be worth 70+35 = 105 pts.

(iii) For each hero* left on the battlefield, score him in proportion to his remaining life. Example: 80 pt / 4 life Thorgrim, if having only 1 life remaining at time-expiration, would be worth 20 points. *Directors may opt to use "Squads-Only Fractional Scoring," awarding full points for heroes regardless of remaining life.

NOTE: We will break points down by wound count.

(iv) Any time a fraction is encountered in a partial squad's (or wounded hero's) unit value, round to the nearest whole number (round .5 down). Never use decimals in a final unit value. Example: 2 remaining Krav Maga Agents = 33.33+33.33 = 66.66 = 67 points. Example: 3 remaining 4TH MASS = 17.5 + 17.5 + 17.5 = 52.5 = 52 points.

Maps: The following maps (without glyphs) will be used for the tournament.

01 Embattled Fen BoV
02 Road Rampage BoV
03 Tacalla Sunrise BoV
04 Hot Heights BoV
05 Fire Isles BoV
06 The Broken Road Aeston
07 The Frozen Pass Aeston
08 Spineback Ridge GameBear
09 High Road or Low Road Nyys
10 Badland Bog Nadi
11 Cold Confilct Bengi
12 Jungle Corridor Nyys
13 Wicked Wall Bengi
14 Double Crossed Onacara
15 Cold Front Onacara

Glyphs: There will be no glyphs in this tournament. If we use a map made by someone else that normally has glyphs they will not be included.

List of Attendees:
01 Aeston
02 Slaader
03 Onacara
04 Kahlenar
05 Loborocket
06 Loborocket's Son
07 Ollie
08 Bengi
09 Dennys
10 Dennysjr
11 Shades Fan
12 Ugly1HornedMule
13 Kyntella
14 Rec_Thug
15 Tubastu
16 Anthony Jr
17 Dylan
18 Arp12
19 Arp12 +1
20 Arp12 +2
21 RobertDD
22 Mikail
23 Sean

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game

Last edited by Aeston; March 27th, 2009 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Room Change!
Old December 29th, 2008, 07:39 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Storrs, CT - Rise of the Husky 2 - March 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston View Post
Hello folks! Last year's Rise of the Husky was a great success for the first year of a tournamnet. I have reserved the space for year #2 and I wanted to put out the date for all you folks that want to plan your calendars a few months ahead.

So: Rise of the Husky 2: Satruday March 29th.

This announcment will be replaced by a full set of specifics and rules in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Aeston

PS: This will be a NESA Cup event.
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:28 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

My birthday is the 30th, no way the wifey can say no... right?

-insert signature here-
Old December 31st, 2008, 12:59 AM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

My son and I are in. This is the tournament he always talks about and asks when it is happening again. I think he want to go to school at UCONN.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
My son and I are in. This is the tournament he always talks about and asks when it is happening again. I think he want to go to school at UCONN.
Not Marlboro?

Great news Aeston. Is it going to be 450pt Marvel-permitted again? I hope so, especially the Marvel. I'm glad that non-Marvel is our default, but I'd like them to feature in at least one or two tournaments a year and I don't think they've been allowed since the last Rise of the Huskies.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Count me in for now.

As for my I prefer larger point games than 450, and would be ok with Marvel allowed.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:21 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Count me in for now.

As for my I prefer larger point games than 450, and would be ok with Marvel allowed.
You drive this time, I'm getting tired of going the wrong direction on the pike... GPS be damned.

-insert signature here-
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston View Post
So: Rise of the Husky 2: Saturday March 29th.
Just looked at a calendar and noticed that the 29th is a Sunday.

-insert signature here-
Old January 9th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

My wife gave me the "look" and then said "Put it on the calendar" so Dennysjr and I will be there!

Awaiting points, rules, maps, etc ....
Old January 9th, 2009, 03:26 PM

I'm out.

This is year #17 of the Fantasy Baseball League I run and it has been determined that the 28th will be this year's Auction Date (it's the only date we all could make before the season starts).

Oh well, though I supposed this maybe be a blessing in disgiuse. After TempleCon (on 2/6 - 2/8 ) I need to somehow convince the better half that I 'need' to go to TotalCon two weeks later.

Maybe if I open with, "then there's nothing until mid/late April" I won't get the eyes of death.

<mid/late April being the rough time for Battle at the Border II which will close the innagural NESA Season and crown a Champion>

-insert signature here-
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in, do you think it will be Fractional Scoring this time?

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old January 9th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I'm out.

This is year #17 of the Fantasy Baseball League I run and it has been determined that the 28th will be this year's Auction Date (it's the only date we all could make before the season starts).

Oh well, though I supposed this maybe be a blessing in disgiuse. After TempleCon (on 2/6 - 2/8 ) I need to somehow convince the better half that I 'need' to go to TotalCon two weeks later.

Maybe if I open with, "then there's nothing until mid/late April" I won't get the eyes of death.

<mid/late April being the rough time for Battle at the Border II which will close the innagural NESA Season and crown a Champion>
That's too bad, I've got a Viking that wants to meet Mittens again....

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events