Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 20th, 2008, 01:13 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
Re: NHSD '08 Preliminary

So does DCI mean that WotC will be setting the structure for all NHSD tournaments? Maps, Army Point Values, etc?

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368 View Post
So does DCI mean that WotC will be setting the structure for all NHSD tournaments? Maps, Army Point Values, etc?
No.
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

Very helpful, thanks. So how does DCI apply then? And how do they compare across events if we aren't doing similar things?

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:55 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

All DCI would do is give...

I don't really know.
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:57 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I am sure additional information will be forthcoming as this develops. The main reason that DCI numbers didn't count at Gencon is because we didn't have official, universal, tournament rules in place.

DCI would allow rankings of players and the tracking of participation in sanctioned events. That in turn allows them to keep track of you, what you play, and how often. I believe the rankings could be used in a variety of fashions and there is also some sort of participation points that are earned and redeemable in some way.

They are just getting started with this effort. I suspect this will all come into focus very soon.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
That in turn allows them to keep track of you, what you play, and how often.
Big Brother is watching.
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

And his name is Gilligan....
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:26 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
the one im hosting is going to be a gencon ripoff.....520pts!
You're gonna make me run my Gencon army again, aren't you? I suppose I could try some ridiculous 520 point army and just have a good time instead of annoying people with reavers everywhere.
Switch it up a bit. Im going to be running with something completely random and not very competitive. Dund is a likely.
Maybe I will still run my reavers, but some other heroes to shoot behind them. I'd like to try to prove the viability of some guys like Sonlen and Deathwalker 8000. I might try:

Sonlen - 160
Deathwalker 8000 - 130
Syvarris - 100
Isamu - 10
Deathreavers x3 - 120

Total = 520

I think that sucker has got some real potential. Sonlen for heroes, DW for squads, Syvarris can do both and reavers control the map. I gotta try this.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; August 26th, 2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: 500 =/= 520
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:54 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the one im hosting is going to be a gencon ripoff.....520pts!
You're gonna make me run my Gencon army again, aren't you? I suppose I could try some ridiculous 520 point army and just have a good time instead of annoying people with reavers everywhere.
Switch it up a bit. Im going to be running with something completely random and not very competitive. Dund is a likely.
Maybe I will still run my reavers, but some other heroes to shoot behind them. I'd like to try to prove the viability of some guys like Sonlen and Deathwalker 8000. I might try:

Sonlen - 160
Deathwalker 8000 - 130
Syvarris - 100
Isamu - 10
Deathreavers x3 - 120

Total = 500

I think that sucker has got some real potential. Sonlen for heroes, DW for squads, Syvarris can do both and reavers control the map. I gotta try this.
C'mon, be a real man. Take out the reavers and put in New Raelin.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old August 26th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Sonlen didn't do much for my opponents on Saturday at the OVAH event in Dayton, and they placed in the lower half of the bracket if I am not mistaken.

For 150 points I'd rather have Blasts/Glads, or Kravs, or MicroCorp, or best of all Q10. That dragonny old elf just can't cut the mustard, even with the healing ability and the free special attack.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:03 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
Sonlen didn't do much for my opponents on Saturday at the OVAH event in Dayton, and they placed in the lower half of the bracket if I am not mistaken.

For 150 points I'd rather have Blasts/Glads, or Kravs, or MicroCorp, or best of all Q10. That dragonny old elf just can't cut the mustard, even with the healing ability and the free special attack.
You're probably right, but did your opponents have Deathreavers with him? I think they make a big difference with Sonlen, since his range is low (especially on the swoop) and so is his defense. A strong squad can probably take him out in one Order Marker if they get some hot rolls, but they can't do that if they have to take shots at rats instead. Sonlen is a great counter to Q9 if he can avoid getting shot at, and I don't know that any of those other options you listed could take him down as reliably.

And, for DW8K, rats are even more important. What better way to not have to worry about a Deathwalker whiff than forcing your opponent to shoot someone else? His special attack is, I think, seriously underrated, especially with the emergence of the 10th Regiment and, to a lesser extent, Kato Katsuro. With 2 (and 1) defense, these guys REALLY don't want to see DW8K across the map from them, especially behind a reaver wall.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day