Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old September 15th, 2017, 05:57 PM

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

No that wasnt me. I have 1000 or so dollars worth of stuff out in kickstarter right now and 425 of it is for my 3d printer/cnc/laser engraver. Im done with kickstarter for awhile at the least. I hate waiting so long and dont like that the companies on kickstarter can jerk you around and not keep production dates. Give you the run around and you cant do anything really about it. So itll be miniaturemarket and amazon prime from here out. ill still be getting stuff from kickstarter for almost another year to come im sure. Im really stoked about the rest of the walking dead all out war stuff coming.
Old September 15th, 2017, 05:58 PM

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

I did finally get my tracking number for massive darkness today. Heres hoping its all in one piece.
Old September 15th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The thing with Kickstarters is that often they are small companies or individuals, who aren't experts in the whole production/delivery field. Probably most of them have regular jobs and this is a side thing. Of course there are some big companies like CMON here and there. I don't give as much a pass delays with companies like CMON, as they are big enough to have their act together.

Kickstarters allow customers to get involved at an earlier stage than other formats, so it is in so much more of a raw stage that generally has a lot more steps before even being ready to produce. Then there are delays in China because of Chinese New Year that throws things off, and there are sometimes delays at customs when the ship gets here. Occasionally there are delays because the designer gets a print copy from the factory and isn't happy with it and has them make changes.

Another thing that can cause problems is when a kickstarter has several tiers and a bunch of add-ons that people can get. So instead of everyone getting the same game contents, there can be very many different combinations of orders.

People are involved so early, that they "know" about the game much sooner than had it gone through the normal manufacturing process and straight to retail. So it's kind of planting a vegetable and watching it grow, as opposed to just going to the store and buying it.

I have cut way back on Kickstarters and board games in general, as all my gaming money has been going into miniatures and terrain and supplies for tabletop miniatures games. I have plenty of board games and have a lot of friends that have a ton of board games, so I'm set in that regard, unless a new board game just jumps out at me and grabs my attention.

I do still have one kickstarter I'm waiting on that was due in August, it's a game called Dogs. Pre-ordered the latest expansion for Scythe, called Wind Gambit a while ago, as well as the Marvel and Disney Codenames games. But small purchases really and from known publishers.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; September 16th, 2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old September 17th, 2017, 04:01 PM

So I have the Core box for walking dead all out war awhile back, here's an outline of what I picked up. Hopefully it'll give me enough equipment cards to be able to add some of my own customs in using pictures of zombicide stuff and be able to gage how powerful they are. I also wanted to grab enough characters to be able to gage my own custom characters for my zombicide survivors seeing how I have a ton of them anyway. I'd really like to double use all those cool CMON miniatures into the game.

Anyway, so I picked up
Days gone by expansion
Prelude to woodberry expansion
Negan Booster pack
Maggie Booster pack
Glenn Booster pack
Tyrese Booster pack
Scenery Booster pack
Cost me 135 bucks.
I'd really like to be able to see the other characters cards and just print them off with the use of proxy figures. I think I might be able to swing that off the mantic website.

As far as kickstarter stuff I'm still waiting on:
All dark souls board game expansions from stretch goals coming by this fall.(it is said)
I really like the dark souls game so far, got to play it a couple times. Its quite challenging. We just fought up to a mini boss so far 2x.
Massive Darkness x2 with stretchgoals and loads of add ons, should come by this Thursday they say on my tracking notice. I've played it once at a friends house and I really liked it and I'm quite excited to get it.
I backed the Snapmaker 3d Printer/laser engraver/cnc machine-Im supposed to get it by Christmas. That will be quite fun to make miniatures terrain and such once it comes.
I backed Rising Sun by CMON, it should be here by next april, we will see.
I backed Zombicide Green Horde, they say the core will ship by Christmas, but I just barely finished the pledge manager a few weeks ago. So, its unlikely. Kickstarter does a lot of cool stuff, but the wait, is, horrible. I really shouldn't buy any more games at all, just because you can't get to them all. So the guy that bought 16,000 dollars in boardgames is kind of SOL because there is no way he'll get to play them all, must less like them all. I regret buying a couple games. Not ones from kickstarter. Those ones have been great so far.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures