Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old July 14th, 2017, 11:14 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 450 point army

The Arkansas army used Dünd and Krav Agents, while the Gen-Con one had Gurei-Oni and Airborne Elite. Now that I think about it, that's just about bad enough for a RtW format. I just don't know about bringing TKN when the maps are all so bumpy.

I'd rather have something that makes people sit up and say "Huh? What's that thing? What does it do? And how do I use it?" TBR fits that to a "T", but so do a bunch of other things. Of course I would need to practice it myself or else I don't have much advantage in the "knowing how to use it" area.

------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if anybody would bring an army that was absolutely garbage, just to win 2 games and ruin 3 people's days? Here is about the worst army I can conceive:

Hatamato Taro -- 130
Acolarh -- 110
DW 7k -- 100
Zombies x1 -- 60
Rechets of Bogdan-- 50

Of course you could always just bring an army that was 440 point short, but then you don't get the fun of watching 2 of your opponents try to win with such a rubbish combination.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old July 14th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Hatamato Taro -- 130
Acolarh -- 110
DW 7k -- 100
Zombies x1 -- 60
Rechets of Bogdan-- 50

Of course you could always just bring an army that was 440 point short, but then you don't get the fun of watching 2 of your opponents try to win with such a rubbish combination.
I don't know. If you're facing an all Jandar army and the D20's on your side, Isamu might fare better than the army above.

Drafting Otonashi, of course, would be a different story. In fact, drafting Kyntela Gywn would probably be the worst possible option (other than just a lone squad of Rechets).
Old July 18th, 2017, 03:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I think both zombies x1 and DW7k are OP if you're having a serious worst army competition. You left off the Hive! Ornak and Khosumet are both also good options, but you don't need them here.

Hatamoto, Hive, Acolarh, Rechets. Beat (i.e. lose to) that!
Old July 18th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I assume this is all in fun, cause I have to say, I'd be seriously mad if someone did bring a completely useless army just to screw people over...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 18th, 2017, 04:00 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, don't sweat it, nobody's going to do this.
Old July 21st, 2017, 04:06 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I assume this is all in fun, cause I have to say, I'd be seriously mad if someone did bring a completely useless army just to screw people over...
Really? You would get seriously mad over a game of heroscape?

While I also don't think it will happen, it could; it would be a shame to get ruffled about if it does.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; July 21st, 2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: .
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:46 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I think both zombies x1 and DW7k are OP if you're having a serious worst army competition. You left off the Hive! Ornak and Khosumet are both also good options, but you don't need them here.

Hatamoto, Hive, Acolarh, Rechets. Beat (i.e. lose to) that!
Aha, I forgot about the Hive. I'm still a little ticked that they made the Einar and Ullar flagbearers so bad. I did the math once about how many Aubrien Archers you had to run to make Acolarh save his points' worth. The thing is, even if you save 110 points of Aubrien Archers, you still have an army full of Aubrien Archers

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old August 11th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Really? You would get seriously mad over a game of heroscape?

While I also don't think it will happen, it could; it would be a shame to get ruffled about if it does.
Over the course of what, 150+ tournament games, I did get upset with someone else once, and very upset with myself or perceived bad luck twice. But 2% isn't bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion