Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 20th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Carnage

The Book of Carnage

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 15
THE WEB OF SPIDER-MAN

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Web of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #018 / Carnage.

Character Bio - Kasady is a serial killer that shared a cell with Eddie Brock in prison, who had lost the alien symbiote that transformed him into the supervillain Venom. Brock's symbiote soon returns and bonds with him again, and unwittingly leaves behind the symbiote's offspring. The symbiotes reproduce asexually and the children are then of no consequence to the parent; hence, Brock's symbiote felt no need to inform Brock of the existence of its offspring. The new symbiote entered Kasady's bloodstream through a cut and bonds with his blood, transforming him into Carnage. He escaped prison, and began a series of murders, and at the scene of each crime, wrote "Carnage" on the walls with his own blood. He was found by Spider-Man, though the hero proved to be no match for Carnage's powers. In desperation, Spider-Man made a truce with Venom to fight Carnage and Carnage was defeated with sonic weaponry, but lived on because it had merged with Kasady's bloodstream. Kasady and his symbiote hate Spider-Man, and blame him for ruining his fun in killing the people of New York.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: When Carnage attacks an opponent's figure next to his 5th Precinct Beat Cop, and the opponent destroys the Cop, does this trigger Carnage's Kill Crazy?

A: No. The 5th Precinct Beat Cops' card instructs the player of the defending figure to "destroy" the Cop, not the attacking player. Since the attacker technically is not the one destroying the figure, Carnage does not get the benefit of Kill Crazy. This precedent was established in Classic Heroscape with the Horned Skull Brutes.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Carnage, Carnage may be moved by Shriek at the start of the game.
  • As an Insane figure, Carnage has these Insane Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • As an Insane figure, Carnage is immune to a number of abilities, such as Beast's Negotiation and Yellow Lantern (Thaal Sinestro)'s Force of Fear Special Attack.
  • As a Symbiote, Carnage is particularly vulnerable to sonic attacks and powers such as Boomerang's Screamarang Special Attack and Silver Banshee's Accursed Wail. However, he makes for an excellent Spider hunter...
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
21 November 2020 - Tendril Swing wording update

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:09 PM. Reason: png
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:20 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
NAME = CARNAGE
SECRET IDENTITY = CLETUS KASADY

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PSYCHOPATH
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 280

SYMBIOTE SENSES 13
If Carnage is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, Carnage takes no damage and may immediately use his Tendril Swing 3 special power.

TENDRIL SWING 3
Instead of his normal move, Carnage may move up to 3 spaces with Tendril Swing. When moving with Tendril Swing, Carnage has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Tendril Swing 3, you may use it one additional time.

KILL CRAZY
When Carnage destroys an opponent's figure with his normal attack, he may attack again. Roll 1 additional attack die for each figure he destroyed this turn. Carnage may continue attacking with his normal attack until he does not destroy a figure.

SUPER STRENGTH

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by tcglkn; November 21st, 2020 at 04:52 PM.
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:57 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Carnage - Designing

All powers used before, all perfectly thematic , nothing left to say.
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Looks good. As A3n said they are all previous powers so there's no issue with them and while I don't really know this guy (was never into Symbiotes), he seems right.

I thought I had pictures in the Brainstorming thread for this guy but can't check without that link anymore (quick trigger fingers). But I managed to dig them up anyway as fortunately I had them somewhere else too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I thought I had pictures in the Brainstorming thread for this guy but can't check without that link anymore (quick trigger fingers). But I managed to dig them up anyway as fortunately I had them somewhere else too.
I'm not sure I ever transfered this from Good Pig's list. You realize at the bottom of each page there is a search this thread function that would make it easy for you to find your pictures right?

Design looks solid. Nothing to add right now.
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks spot on! Love it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 20th, 2012, 01:22 PM

GP and I fleshed this design out while we were working on Venom. So thanks goes to GP on such a tight design.
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:24 PM

Hmmmm..... One thing that does concern me now that I think of it,

KILL CRAZY
When Carnage destroys an opponent's figure with his normal attack, he may attack again. Roll 1 additional attack die for each figure he destroyed this turn. Carnage may continue attacking with his normal attack until he does not destroy a figure.

That power plus a range of 3 (which is appropriate and thematic), is probably too powerful. I wonder if just lowering his attack to 5 would really help.
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Guess it depends on the power level we're going for with this guy. Three spaces isn't that huge of a threat range and killing is tough to pull off multiple times in a turn, and thematically I'm OK with this guy being an absolute beast. But you've got experience with this power on another unit that will be released after Carnage, so if you're thinking it's too much, I trust you.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome Griffin. Glad you were able to run with this. I envisioned Carnage being around a 300 point figure give or take because Spidey and Venom have to team up to take him down. His attack level is tough to theoryscape without actually playing in a game (preferably vs squaddies and weaker heroes).
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Guess it depends on the power level we're going for with this guy. Three spaces isn't that huge of a threat range and killing is tough to pull off multiple times in a turn, and thematically I'm OK with this guy being an absolute beast. But you've got experience with this power on another unit that will be released after Carnage, so if you're thinking it's too much, I trust you.
I am really thinking that an "adjacency" restriction or a cap of "up to 6 attacks" would best. I am leaning to the last option though. Neither one would upset Non's tests, while both would require that he gets updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Awesome Griffin. Glad you were able to run with this. I envisioned Carnage being around a 300 point figure give or take because Spidey and Venom have to team up to take him down. His attack level is tough to theoryscape without actually playing in a game (preferably vs squaddies and weaker heroes).
I agree. His the BA of Symbiotes, and he should be very dangerous. Somehow I knew you would be popping in here today.
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM

I kind of like the simplicity of the power text right now, though. Are you worried about squaddies, mid-level heroes, or both?

I think going down to an attack of 5 feels more appealing than revising the text, personally.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library