Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 28th, 2012, 03:33 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Matter Eater Lad - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
What about glyphs on DO's? Should we add that in there after figure? But then it would be weird to say "any glyphs on glyphs."
I think we have a few powers out there now that don't specifically provide for that scenario. I think we can fudge it and FAQ as necessary.
Should be fairly evident anyway.
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

From the Vehicle Rules

Quote:
DESTROYING VEHICLES
If a vehicle receives enough wounds to be destroyed, after removing it from
the battlefield, place all figures that occupied the destroyed vehicle on spaces
previously occupied by the destroyed vehicle. Roll one attack die. If you roll a
skull, each figure that previously occupied the destroyed vehicle receives one
wound. If a figure that was occupying a destroyed vehicle cannot be placed on
a legal space or spaces, that figure is immediately destroyed.
Well since this wasn't addressed after I asked about it, I figured I'd re-address it.

The vehicle rules specify what happens when an occupied (not just on top of) vehicle is destroyed. But there needs to be a provision for the Matter Eater power that specifies what happens to a figure occupying a vehicle.

Here's A3n's last change to Matter Eater

Quote:
MATTER EATER
Instead of attacking, you may remove a glyph, or a destructible object that is either adjacent to; or occupies the same space as Matter Eater Lad. Place any figure that was on the top of the glyph or destructible object on the corresponding space previously occupied by the glyph or object.

MATTER EATER

Instead of attacking, you may remove a glyph, or a destructible object that does not have an opponent's figure on its card, or a glyph that is either adjacent to; or occupies the same space as Matter Eater Lad. Place any figure that was on the top of the glyph or destructible object on the corresponding space previously occupied by the glyph or object.

Or

MATTER EATER
Instead of attacking, you may remove a glyph, or a destructible object that does not have an opponent's figure on its card, that is either adjacent to; or occupies the same space as Matter Eater Lad. Place any figure that was on the top of the glyph or destructible object on the corresponding space previously occupied by the glyph or object.

I'm thinking this could help keep it cleaner for dealing with a time that he might want to eat a Sports Car, Mole Machine or any future vehicle DO.

Now this would still leaves the Ice Rock. The frozen figure is not on the Ice Rock's card but on the Frost Giant's card. Sure he can eat the Ice Rock, but isn't the figure on the Frost Giant's card put back in place of the Ice Rock when it is "destroyed"? Is removing the same as destroying? If so, then wouldn't there be a problem with DO's that have affects that are triggered when being destroyed. So I'm thinking that while removing is similar to destroying as the DO is out of the game, but removing isn't the same as destroying for purposes of the powers triggered by being "destroyed".

I think my suggested change above might solve the vehicle DO issue and if removing isn't destroyed, then the "destroyed" effects of DO's wouldn't trigger. The only issue might be the Ice Rock. Perhaps if the wording were changed on the Frost Giant's card that allows the figure to come off his card if the "Ice Rock is destroyed or removed, place it back on this card."

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; July 28th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:58 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

or ...

Quote:
MATTER EATER
Instead of attacking, you may remove a glyph, or a destructible object that is either adjacent to; or occupies the same space as Matter Eater Lad. Place any figure that was on the top of the glyph or destructible object on the corresponding space previously occupied by the glyph or object. If the destructible object was a vehicle, place all figures that occupied the destroyed vehicle on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed vehicle.
Sorry I missed it first time around Hahma, I actually thought you were meaning standing on top of. That's what I get for posting at 3:00am. Anybody want a pup.
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Isn't it implicit that the vehicle rules come into play once the vehicle is destroyed, though?
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
or ...

Quote:
MATTER EATER
Instead of attacking, you may remove a glyph or a destructible object that is either adjacent to or occupies the same space as Matter Eater Lad. Place any figure that was on the top of the glyph or destructible object on the corresponding space previously occupied by the glyph or destructible object. If the destructible object was a vehicle, place all figures that occupied the destroyed vehicle on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed vehicle.
Sorry I missed it first time around Hahma, I actually thought you were meaning standing on top of. That's what I get for posting at 3:00am. Anybody want a pup.
Minor edit and punctuation removal

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
or ...

Quote:
MATTER EATER
Instead of attacking, you may remove a glyph, or a destructible object that is either adjacent to; or occupies the same space as Matter Eater Lad. Place any figure that was on the top of the glyph or destructible object on the corresponding space previously occupied by the glyph or object. If the destructible object was a vehicle, place all figures that occupied the destroyed vehicle on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed vehicle.

Sorry A3n, but I have 3 dogs and that's 3 too many. They are a pain in the ass and expensive. Believe me, I'd be fine with 1, but unfortunately my wife won out in that battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Isn't it implicit that the vehicle rules come into play once the vehicle is destroyed, though?
Well I guess that could be true Johnny, but then at what point does the DO become destroyed? What I'm getting at is that when a Ruined Battlement DO is destroyed, any figure on the Ruined Battlement and adjacent to it when it is destroyed receive a wound. So would that trigger right before Matter Eater Lad shoved the Ruin in his mouth?

Figures can be removed from the battlefield and not be considered destroyed, like with the Freezing Touch. As such, I don't know if the rules for "destroyed" DO's are implicit or not when they are removed. If Galactus removes a Ruined Battlement from the battlefield, are all figures on it or adjacent to it receiving a wound? What about Toxic Waste Barrel or Evergreen Tree? Are you still able to dish out wounds from it when MEL shoves them into his mouth? I mean thematically there's a reason for those DO's giving wounds, but when he shoves them into his mouth, they are not being destroyed until they are in his gut I guess. How do you dish damage from a falling tree that doesn't fall when it's destroyed or a Battlement doesn't send out deadly debris when it's destroyed etc.

So I guess that's my confusion as to treating a removed DO as implicitly destroyed. Besides, when a vehicle is destroyed normally, it's really just disabled or badly damaged, not totally shoved into someone's mouth driver and all.

Old July 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

What about something in MEL's power that does away with those auto-wounds?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old July 28th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Perhaps that can work too Sir G. Did anything like this get discussed with Galactus? Is there a precedent for him removing DO's?

Old July 28th, 2012, 06:49 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

The DO aren't being destroyed, they are being removed from the game. So there is no implicitly implied rules that cover it & therefore all the powers that trigger on the vehicle being destroyed don't work, hence his power to swallow the explosion.
Old July 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Ah, I see - I was wondering why we weren't just using destroyed, but wholesale removal is something else entirely.

But I don't think the onus of vehicle rules should be on this card. They're optional rules and any clarification should be within those rules, not on the cards.
Old July 28th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It seems like this might all be cleaner if he were destroying the DOs, though. Everything would trigger just like it does in rules where DOs and VDOs are destroyed, without extra clarifying text needed here (including for Frost Giant interactions) and the DOs would still be removed from the game. I guess I'm not seeing the downside in saying destroyed instead of removed for the DOs....

Edit: Or is it just a theme problem? i.e. Battlements shouldn't become Ruined Battlements, Trees shouldn't fall, etc.?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 28th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

It would make his second power useless - he's supposed to be swallowing the exploding battlements and falling trees to protect his teammates, and if they're destroyed anyways, they'll still dish out wounds.

Which is why one option would be to say no wounds are received. Maybe just negate their powers in general?

MATTER-EATER
Instead of attacking, you may destroy a glyph or destructible object that is either adjacent to or occupies the same space as Matter-Eater Lad. Negate all special powers on the destroyed glyph or destructible object's Army Card until the end of this turn.

I feel like that would work... if it's destroyed, than the destroyed rules would come into effect, so you don't need the line about being placed because that's in the DO rulebook. Or maybe I'm wrong entirely.

Also, he's Matter-Eater Lad, with a dash, so that should be fixed.

EDIT: Now that I look at it some powers are specifying figure placement after they're destroyed, so... I dunno.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library