Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 17th, 2011, 07:52 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Aquaman

The Book of Aquaman

C3G DC WAVE 7
THE PURSUIT OF JUSTICE

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Icons set.
Its model number and name are #025-027 / Aquaman.

Character Bio - Aquaman was born as Orin to Queen Atlanna and the mysterious wizard Atlan in the Atlantean city of Poseidonis. As a baby, he was abandoned on Mercy Reef (which is above sea level at low tide, causing exposure to air which would be fatal to Atlanteans) because of his blond hair, which was seen by the superstitious Atlanteans as a sign of a curse they called "the Mark of Kordax."

As a feral child who raised himself in the wilds of the ocean with only sea creatures to keep him company, Orin was found and taken in by a lighthouse keeper named Arthur Curry who named Orin "Arthur Curry" after himself. One day, Orin returned home and found that his adoptive father had disappeared, so he set off on his own.

Aquaman lost his left hand when the madman Charybdis stole his ability to communicate with sea life and stuck Arthur's hand into a piranha-infested pool. This caused Aquaman to become somewhat unhinged, and he began having prophetic dreams, and then, in need of a "symbol", attached a harpoon spearhead to his left arm in place of his missing hand.

Blamed by his people for the initial decision to take them back in time, Aquaman was sentenced to death, but he escaped, and met the Lady of the Lake, who gave him a new prosthetic hand composed of mystical water with unusual properties.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As an Aquaman, Aquaman allows Mera to use her Love of Atlantis special power.
  • As an Atlantean, Aquaman has these Atlantean Synergies.
  • As a King, Aquaman has these King Synergies.
  • As an Atlantean King, Aquaman can have his defense boosted by adjacent Atlantean Palace Guards.
  • As a figure with a special power benefitting from water tiles, Aquaman can benefit from water tiles being placed by one of these figures.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • As an Atlantean King, Aquaman can allow the Atlantean Palace Guards to move with their Loyal to the Throne special power.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • As a figure with the Valiant personality, Aquaman cannot be affected by Meteorite's Manipulation special power.
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • As a figure with the Valiant personality, Aquaman adds 4 to Loki's God of Evil roll if he is the chosen figure.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Water Leap wording update

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 07:28 PM. Reason: png
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:54 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Aquaman - Design Phase

NAME = AQUAMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = ARTHUR CURRY

SPECIES = ATLANTEAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = KING
PERSONALITY = VALIANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 230

POWER OF THE DEEP
Aquaman does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. Add 2 to Aquaman's attack, defense, and range while he is on a water space.

WATER LEAP 10
If Aquaman ends his normal movement on a water space, he may move up to 3 spaces with Water Leap. When moving with Water Leap, Aquaman has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 10 levels in a single leap and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

HAND OF THE WATERBEARER
After taking a turn with Aquaman, you may roll the 20-sided die, adding 6 to the roll if Aquaman is on a water space. If you roll 12 or higher, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from Aquaman's card or an adjacent figure's card.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; December 28th, 2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good stuff! I think I'm digging the power set here. The stat boosts for being on water are very big, but they need to be to combat lack of height advantage. His water leap power should help him hit some heights as well. I think I'm OK with all of his powers being water based, because we have enough JLA at this point that I'm only drafting this guy on a map with water anyway.
Two changes I'd like to see and they're both surface level:

I'd like to see "Rule" changed to "King." (He shouldn't bond with Moloids, that's just weird ...).
And I'd like to see Endurance of the Deep changed to Power of the Deep since so much more is going on that life or defense (aka endurance).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 17th, 2011, 04:34 PM

I actually had king first but changed it as I typed this up, I don't even know why. Maybe I thought it sounded better.

I can go with power of the deep. I was actually struggling for a name for that power it came to me at the last minute, again as I was typing it up.

I was heavily influenced by the brainstorming suggestions to make the power set as is. & afterwards my thought was that of yours he is a water type draft. My initial thoughts when I drafted Aquaman that I didn't want to do that but make a powerhouse that would receive a wound at the end of the round if he rolled 5 or less on a d20 (subtracting the amount of spaces to the nearest water from his roll) but the brainstorming kind of lead me to the above. Which I am ok with, because he isn't weak out of water he just gets more benefits when he is in water. Which is kind of similar in a reverse function to my initial thoughts. Also the choosing the water had sculpt kind of locked in the direction also.

Cheers
Old January 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I think if we want a less water dependent Aquaman, we can do that with the hook hand version in the future.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 17th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Awesome concept!

Do you want him being able to take glyphs with Water Leap? If not, he should be placed on an "empty" space.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Awesome concept!

Do you want him being able to take glyphs with Water Leap? If not, he should be placed on an "empty" space.
Yep that was deliberate, the wording I was copying had empty & I just couldn't see a reason why he shouldn't be able to leap out of water & land on a glyph.
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I love the design and I am good with grabbing glyphs on the "fly".

Can we streamline this though and imagine him gaining the speed he needs to leap by going "down" and then "up" instead of just across a bunch of water?

WATER LEAP
If Aquaman moves through 3 or more consecutive water spaces and ends his movement on a water space, you may place Aquaman on any unoccupied space within 3 spaces, if that space is no more than 10 levels higher than the water space Aquaman finished his movement on.

WATER LEAP
If Aquaman ends his movement on a water space, you may place Aquaman on any unoccupied space within 3 spaces, if that space is no more than 10 levels higher than the water space Aquaman finished his movement on.

That would just be a lot easier to keep up with and a lot easier to pull off. Also, it would avoid any FAQs like: "What do you mean by consecutive spaces?" or "If I move over two Water spaces, can I backtrack over the first one and still leap?"
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:05 PM

I'm cool with making it easier to pull off.

Old January 17th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I love the design and I am good with grabbing glyphs on the "fly".

Can we streamline this though and imagine him gaining the speed he needs to leap by going "down" and then "up" instead of just across a bunch of water?

WATER LEAP
If Aquaman moves through 3 or more consecutive water spaces and ends his movement on a water space, you may place Aquaman on any unoccupied space within 3 spaces, if that space is no more than 10 levels higher than the water space Aquaman finished his movement on.

WATER LEAP
If Aquaman ends his movement on a water space, you may place Aquaman on any unoccupied space within 3 spaces, if that space is no more than 10 levels higher than the water space Aquaman finished his movement on.

That would just be a lot easier to keep up with and a lot easier to pull off. Also, it would avoid any FAQs like: "What do you mean by consecutive spaces?" or "If I move over two Water spaces, can I backtrack over the first one and still leap?"
Because of the benefit it provided, I was trying to make it a little more difficult to pull off. But I am fine with the change if you want it that easy to pull off, I don't have an issue with it.

If you want it slightly less beneficial but still appropriate we could either bring down the spaces from 3 to 2. And / or add a requirement that he can only move up to 4 spaces, which would be like him using the last of his move to go down to get the speed to make the leap. So...

Quote:
WATER LEAP
If Aquaman moves only 4 or less spaces this turn and ends his movement on a water space, you may place Aquaman on any unoccupied space within 3 spaces, if that space is no more than 10 levels higher than the water space Aquaman finished his movement on.
Cheers
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

If you are OK with it, then I really just prefer:

WATER LEAP
When Aquaman ends his movement on a water space, you may place Aquaman on any unoccupied space within 3 spaces, if that space is no more than 10 levels higher than the water space Aquaman ended his movement on. When using Water Leap, Aquaman does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

It is simple to understand and remember, and it is more dependable, which is important IMO.
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I kinda like the theme and more water-dependent Water Leap. I mean, he's Aquaman, he NEEDS water.

Also,

Remove up to 1 wound marker from the card of a figure adjacent to Aquaman.

to

Remove up to 1 wound marker from an adjacent figure's Army Card.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library