Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old March 31st, 2007, 07:32 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
How to customize terrain as radioactive waste

I just got a spare master set from the Target sale to use for custom terrain. What I want to do is some post-apocalyptic, radioactive waste. Here are some inspirational ideas:

1. Mad Max/Road Warrior
2. Wasteland/Fallout computer games.
3. The Cuban Missile crisis played out differently and world war III came to a head in the late 60's/early 70's.
4. Maps will use mostly rock and sand. Grass will be very rare. Most stuff will be occuring in radioactive deserts.

So, what should I do to the terrain to give it the right feel? I'm currently leaning toward taking some of the grass terrain (I can use more sand terrain as-is so I want to keep that around I think) and replacing the green tops with a reddish brown color. If I were good at painting I might paint some flakey/cracked, parched earth kind of stuff but I don't think I could pull that off well. Now how do I visually convey the notion that it is radioactive?

Also, what should the terrain do if you are standing on it? I'm thinking you roll a d20 for the possibility of acquiring radiation sickness, but what is radiation sickness? Maybe you put a counter on your card for each failure and each counter negates one attack and defense die or something. Any ideas? I've noticed that there seems to be a fundamental design principle in Heroscape about no modifier ever subtracting from the number of dice rolled. Considering that is my idea fundamentally flawed? How else could I do it? Maybe for each marker all opponents get an extra die against you (both offense and defense) to represent your weakened state?
Old March 31st, 2007, 07:37 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Yeah, I think the green tiles would have to go.

Have a looksee at this thread,
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...719&highlight=

Which ironically, popped up just a day before your thread.

Old March 31st, 2007, 07:56 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
when i think of radioactive waste i think of a liquid. I would give the water tiles a green tint and instead of "radioactive sickness" just inflict wounds.

6 x 9 = 42

Old March 31st, 2007, 08:30 PM

Torredo has disabled reputation
to make radioactive looking material why not try and use
a hot glue gun, but paint a metal flake green on the surface
you are working on, then liberally goop the hot glue over the
paint, seeing as the glue is translucent wouldnt it give off that
radioactive appeal?
Old March 31st, 2007, 08:55 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Yeah, I think the green tiles would have to go.

Have a looksee at this thread,
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...719&highlight=

Which ironically, popped up just a day before your thread.
Yeah, I'll most likely try to make some stuff like that. The marvelscape set will have a pretty cool ruined building too as well as asphalt and pavement (I'm going to add rules for cars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
when i think of radioactive waste i think of a liquid. I would give the water tiles a green tint and instead of "radioactive sickness" just inflict wounds.
Yeah the liquid toxic waste would be cool. I'm thinking the swamp water tiles from Swarm of the Marro might be just the thing. I do want some plain radiated land tiles too though.

Inflicting wounds was my first thought, but I kind of want it to be different from the lava just for the sake of variety. Maybe I should just keep it simple though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torredo
to make radioactive looking material why not try and use a hot glue gun, but paint a metal flake green on the surface
you are working on, then liberally goop the hot glue over the
paint, seeing as the glue is translucent wouldnt it give off that
radioactive appeal?
Interesting idea. You could sculpt the hot glue into fluid shapes as it cools too. Maybe I can experiment with that. A light coat of glow-in-the-dark paint might be cool too.
Old March 31st, 2007, 10:27 PM

WestonWyse has disabled reputation
It would probably be cliche, and probably wouldn't have a great effect much of the time, but I'd find some green glow-in-the-dark paint. I know I've seen it at craft stores. The problem would be that you'd have to dim the lights just to get the effect, and then only for about 20 minutes or so.

My other idea would be to do something gloppy. Like if you could find fluorescent hot glue and blob it on in places. I know I've seen metallic hot glue, so I'd imagine there was colored, but I'm not sure on that one.
Old March 31st, 2007, 10:37 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
you can melt crayons and then pour it just as it starts to stiffen up again this way you can get any color you like....also if you melt a second or third color crayon seperately and add them as the main color stiffens up you can gt a multicolor effect in the same ooze....

The best part is...if you dont like the way it looks the first time...just melt it again

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles