Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 18th, 2010, 04:36 PM

SgtHulka has disabled reputation
Heroscape Underworld

Heroscape Underworld

Beneath Valhalla’s surface lies another world, a dark world, a series of natural caverns and worked stone that befuddle all attempts to map them. When creatures of Torin and Eberron were summoned to Valhalla, they recognized this second world as similar to the so-called “Underdarks” of their own home planets. But the native Kyrie give it a different name: The Underworld. Some say it stretches into the very heart of the planet, twisting around the roots of the World Tree. Others say it penetrates not just space, but also dimensions and time. These philosophers speculate that the Underworld may offer a path home to those creatures who have been summoned by the well springs. Few agree what the Underworld is, and even fewer agree on who crafted its stone corridors. But all know this: it hides in its bosom a series of Treasure Chambers offering wealth, honor and prestige to those with the desire, courage and skill to find them. Your characters have that desire; they have that courage. But only time will tell if they have that skill.

Heroscape Underworld is a solitaire or cooperative game for 1-4 players in the mold of Warhammer Quest or Advanced Heroquest. Players choose a figure (or make their own using Kaiyu's Heroes of Scape), choose a Quest and, while they play, generate an "Underworld", or series of tunnels, to explore. Random adversaries try to ambush the player figures, emerging from shadows, hidden doors, and even dropping from the ceiling in an attempt to prevent the player figures from achieving their goals. If the player figures make it to one of three fabled treasure chambers, they must face a final conflict before emerging, victorious, from the Underworld.

You can download Heroscape Underworld from the following link:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CIz-guAN
Old December 18th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape Underworld

I uploaded the Heroscape Underworld PDF to the site. This will make downloading more convenient.

Old December 18th, 2010, 07:16 PM

Re: Heroscape Underworld

Awesome. Thanks, Kaiyu.
Old December 20th, 2010, 12:20 PM

Sample Game 1

Sample Game 1

I create three first-level heroes using Kaiyu's Heroes of Scape system. I decide to go for a Japanese theme, but I want one blocker and one heavy special attacker (in case I need to destroy a Fortress Door). For my third character I decide to try a Soulborg, hoping that at higher levels I can advance him into a Major with Wrist Rockets and some other heavy multi-attacks. After creating my characters my party is as follows:

I decide I will try the first Treasure Chamber, The Sunless Sea, and I will try the first Quest, Destroy the Messiah.

Since Samurai Jack has a good defense with Counter Strike I give him the torch and make him the leader. I place all three figures on the Cave Entrance Underworld Geomorph, facing the Shadow Tile that represents the transition space.

During my first Exploration Round turn, I move Samurai Jack onto the Shadow Tile Transition Space. Since he has the torch, I draw an Order Marker from the Underworld Cup and draw a gray 3. That has been assigned to the Double-Arch Chamber so I know I will face adversaries straight away. I attach the Double-Arch Chamber to the Cave Entrance.

Samurai Jack has only moved 2 spaces, and he has a Move of 6, so I move him onto the Double-Arch Chamber Transition Space (1 Move), then up off the Shadow Tile onto the Double-Arch Chamber Dungeon Tile (2 Move) and then one hex further into the Double Arch Chamber (1 Move).

Now that I have a figure inside the Double-Arch Chamber I know I will have to roll for adversaries at the end of this Exploration Round. I still have two Turns left during this Exploration round, however.

For my second turn, I move Dr. Thu Manchu onto the Dungeon Tile right behind Samurai Jack. Finally, I move Gundamball Machine onto the Transition Space Shadow Tile right behind Dr. Thu Manchu. My figures are in a line, now, each one adjacent to each other.

The Exploration Round is over so I have to roll for adversaries. I roll a 20. Adding 3 to the die roll (for my Power Level -- 3x1 for three first level figures) results in a 23. Checking the chart, I realize my very first encounter will be a Dragon: Othkurik!

Othkurik has a ranged special attack, so he is placed as a ranged figure. I assign him to Samurai Jack, and place him as far away from Samurai Jack as possible. Othkurik is placed against the Chamber Wall, right next to the double-water space. He's assigned all three Order Markers.

Next I draw Order Markers for my figures from the Hero Cup. Samurai Jack draws a 3. Dr. Thu Manchu Draws a 1. And Gundamball Machine draws a 2. I roll initiative and get a 12, so I win initiative.

Dr. Thu Manchu goes first, summoning a Firestrike 4 Dice attack against Othkurik, who is within range. I draw first blood, scoring 1 wound on Othkurik.

It's now Othkurik's turn. Checking the Automated Battle System Othkurik is, unfortunately, pretty smart. As a Young, Tricky figure he will seek terrain advantage, hold his position, and attack the most opportune figures. In this case, that means he will first go for the Treasure Glyph, which fortunately only turns out to be a Brandar's Chest. He then moves up out of the double-water spaces within 4 hexes of Dr. ThuManchu. By targeting Dr. ThuManchu with his Acid Breath, he can effect all three of my figures. He scores a wound on each.

Now it's Gundamball Machine's turn. He tries to Cover Fire on Othkurik, hoping to move Samurai Jack up adjacent to the Dragon. His two attack dice don't penetrate Othkurik's three defense dice, however, so there is no effect.

Othkurik breathes again. This time Gundamball Machine manages to defend against the breath attack, but Samurai Jack and Dr. Thu Manchu each take another wound.

Finally it's Samurai Jack's turn. He moves up adjacent to Othkurik, hoping to draw fire away from his companions. He attacks with his Katana and scores another wound on the Dragon.

For his third Turn Marker, I again consult the Automated Battle system to see what Othkurik will do. He will attack the weakest figure, which at this time is Gundamball Machine. And he will disengage to do so. So I have Othkurik disengage from Samurai Jack, who scores a third wound on Othkurik. But Othkurik gets within range to breathe on both Gundamball Machine and Dr. Thu Manchu. He kills both of them with a three skull roll!

Now it's just Samurai Jack versus Othkurik. Samurai Jack wins initiative and charges, scoring a fourth wound on the Dragon. The Dragon has only one Life left.

Othkurik now attacks Samurai Jack. Samurai Jack hopes to Counter Strike the dragon and kill it. Unfortunately for the Samurai, Othkurik rolls another three skulls and Samurai jack rolls blanks on defense. The Dragon is victorious!

All three heroes are destroyed. The next day they wake up in Einar's feasting hall to fight another day. They have gained 0 experience points and 0 gold. But they vow to try the quest again!

Last edited by SgtHulka; December 20th, 2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:08 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sample Game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHulka View Post
Checking the Automated Battle System Othkurik is, unfortunately, pretty smart.

I can't wait to try this. Once I get a hang of how it works, I think it'll make a great addition to a full quest. The party of Heroes start off on some mission to take down an Utgar fortress or something, but they must venture through the Valhallan Underworld and come up through a secret entrance or something. Or maybe they make it to the fortress and waiting for them is Runa with a trap, she pulls a lever like every cliche villian does and the Heroes fall into the Underworld, forced to venture their way back to the surface and escape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions