Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:05 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Help! How-to-play and other Pokemon info?

Hey all,

My son has been introduced to Pokemon by classmates. I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Can anyone point me to good resources for learning how to play Pokemon, what's needed to play, etc?

Thanks!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old May 23rd, 2011, 08:33 AM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Help! How-to-play and other Pokemon info?

The Internet and a brain. Pokemon is just a video game, and every game tells pu how to play.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

MrWookiee, you might notice this was posted in the Card Game section?

I'd recommend buying one of the premade decks at walmart or target - they have the rules and a custom deck already made. That's how we started, bought a couple of those so we would have some variety.

EDIT: These starter and Theme decks is what I am talking about...

http://www.toywiz.com/pokthemandst.html

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Last edited by jschild; May 23rd, 2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:06 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Yikes. Sorry about that. Ignore me then.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:13 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Don't forget energy. Hog all the special energy when making decks. That, and make 2 type decks with 2 or 3 really strong evolution chains per type, so 5 chains, 2 of each type, and one normal so you don't have energy type problems.

Of course I haven't played in years, don't even have any Sinnoh cards.

Oh, and if your son wants a little more depth in his games, look to Yugioh if you want something similar, or Summoner Wars if you want a fun HS/CCG mix.

(SW is non-random packs though )
Old June 8th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Go to flea markets and pick up as many of the older cards(particularly special energies and trainer cards, though the holo pokemon are all generally good) as you can. In my handbuilt decks I try to have 24-27 basic energies(just buy 2 of the same starter deck and you'll have more than enough toys).

Pokemon with 2 attacks or a Poke'Power/Poke'Body and an attack are highly useful thanks to versatility. A deck with many cards that can pull out pokemon(Call for Family is an old attack, but very useful. Find at least 1 basic pokemon with that attack and you'll be better off) is better than a deck with more Pokemon. Great cards include Celio's Network, Master Ball, old Bill, and Steven's Advice. The card Potion Energy or Double Energy are also both helpful. If you can find the old Darkness Energy, you'll add extra damage to your attacks(at a one time cost of 10 damage to yourself). The old Metal Energy is also a little useful. If you are playing a deck that lets you get rid of your cards(for more usually), try to use cards like Recycle or Delcatty EX to return them to your hand.

More importantly, have fun with your decks

Edit: Also see about purchasing older boosters. They have 11 cards in them compared to 9 cards in the new ones.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games