Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 22nd, 2018, 12:43 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: M.A.D. Bros Games & Hobbies Event

Not sure which of the two threads is the best to post in. So I arbitrarily picked one.

Congrats to flameslayer93! A dominating 8-0!
Also to superfrog who beat my 3rd place 5-2 record with a 5-4 (I guess)?
Don't know how he does it.

Anyway, good tourney.

My Army:
Microcorp x2,
Nilfheim

My games:
rudyvalentine on Crisp (Grimnak, Nerak, Heavies x3)

He used my army and I used his orcs. rudy spaced my microcorp well and I made some mistakes with not moving some orcs in the endgame. I was almost saved by the last heavy but in the end Nilf one.

I actually forfeited when I still had 4 orcs left but we weren't sure how to count points so we just finished the game.

0-1

vs Tiamat on Fossil (PKs x1, Iron Golem, Rhogar, Roman Legionaries x2)

I played our own armies for this one. Wannok on swamp water was helpful for me. Other than that the game was a range beats melee kind of game, with my victory coming mostly from PKs being the only unit with move greater than 5.

1-1

vs Flameslayer's +1 Elric on Remains of Clyonesia (spelling?) (Sacred Band x3, Parmenio, Valguard, and Red Wyrmling.

He played my army and I played his. We both thought that he was going to win just on the matchup. However, the map and glyphs were very helpful. Wannok and the move glyph were extremely helpful. Combined with an questionable Nilf placement (he will be the first of 3 people to lose Nilf for putting him next to height). The Microcorp's inability to roll a single stealth armor added insult to injury as the sacred band pulled out an upset.

2-1

vs superfrog on Riot (Stingers x3, Heracles)

I actually took the map army (Sgt. Drake SOTM, Aubrien Archers x3) on this one. The elves proved to be of minimal use. The Microcorp and Nilf slaughtered them with minimal causalities (Drake was hiding being the center tree). However, Sgt. Drake was the the MVP by far. He dealt 4 wound to Nilf thanks to height (the second of 2 Nilfs to die this way). After a little bit of skirmishing with the Microcorp, Drake managed to escape 2 adjacent Microcorp to the glyph of Kelda while having four wounds. After succeeding the game was pretty much over. As the Microcorp's offensive output was crushed by Thorian speed.

And I didn't think about it until typing this post, but superfrog I believe you can roll for stealth armor on lava field.

3-1, Map Army Record 1-0

vs. hose on Umbra (Nilfheim, Greenscales x2, Raelin)

If this was any other map, it would have been a Nilf vs Nilf battle of the titans. However, as the map army (Axegrinders x2, Mogrimm, Airborne, Isamu) was really good, it was a dice off to see who got it. I got it, and as hose predicted, the dwarves were an unstoppable force. Nilf fell to an axegrinder on height, with Raelin's aura not being helpful. The 3rd of 3 Nilfs to fall this way. All three were killed with 4 or 5 life remaining from an attack from an adjacent height. combination of bad placement and mostly luck. With Nilf out, the army had no attack power which made Morgrimm near invincible. The airborne never dropped.

4-1, Map Army Record 2-0

vs. flameslayer93 on Shadows over Bleakwoode (Spiders x2 Wyvern x2 Estivara).

Here flameslayer played excellently while I made multiple strategic mistakes. I should have used the Mircocorp until they were destroyed then moved in Nilf. Instead, I moved both, which resulted in the let game being the quick destruction of three underdeveloped Microcorp. When I did play Nilfheim, I tried to use Ice Shard Breath to get multiple kills instead of focusing on killing Estivara like I should have (I wasn't trying for order marker denial by killing spiders, just getting the most damage possible by rolling the most dice possible). Nilf was eventually overwhelmed despite being on the highest or at least highest relevant height on the board.

As flameslayer commented afterward, I flew Nilf up to early. Even if I had killed Estivara and the wyvern, my second squad of Microcorp was underdeveloped.

I initially though that flameslayers's idea wasn't optimal as part of the issue with the Microcorp was wyvern's speed denying them their doubled height advantage. However, looking back on that I realized that the microcorp did nothing anyway, using them first would probably at least done more damage.

4-2

vs. hose on Durgeth Swamps (Nilfheim, Greenscales x2, Raelin)

At this point, time was running short and as there was no one else ready to play hose and I did another game. This time he used the map army (Glads x3, Eltahale).

This battle was mostly 2 sub battles, eltahale + 2 (I think) glads vs. Nilf on the one side of the map and the Microcorp and Glads on the other. Nilf lost his battle, but took out 2 glads and took Eltahale down to 1 life. She died using thunderstep trying to get from the one side to the other. Probably was still a good idea as she probably would have gotten shut down by range if she didn't and it did let her attack a Microcorp who was in a strategic location.

The glads vs Microcorp game side was a bit slow. When they are next to each other, it is a 2 die on 3 defense + stealth armor against 2 die on 4 defense. In the end, the Microcorp won, as they managed to clear the glads who were on the top level and then rain destruction. The jungle was very helpful for the glads, but in the end it wasn't enough.

5-2, Final score, 3rd place.

About 3,100 points in combined surviving & killed total.

Used the prize gift card to buy a pathfinder imp (I think) figure. Couldn't find it using a few different keywords online. Must not be using the right ones.

Thanks to M.A.D. Bros & Heroscaper2010 for putting this on and thanks to superfrog for giving me a ride!

Last edited by yamissflash; April 22nd, 2018 at 01:24 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 01:54 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Triple Threat/385 points results

What a great day everyone! It was a pleasure seeing everyone! Thanks again to @heroscaper2010 and @Lahburn and @MADBrosGames and Hobbies for hosting the tournament again. It was loads of fun!

I brought the army "Spooder's Poison"
Estivara
Wyvern x2
Drow Chainfighter
Fyorlag Spiders x2
385 points/10 minis

My first game was against hosie and we played on Fossil, which got subbed in due to a miscommunication between HS2010 and I lol. I forget which of us got to choose first (I believe it was him). He had used his army of Major X17, Johnny Shotgun, Blastatrons x1, and Gladiatrons x2. I used the House Army of Venoc Vipers x5 and Major Q9. My Venocs did a great job tying up his Gladiatrons for a few turns, but ultimately Q9 turned the map into a shooting galla after surviving some nasty shots from the Blasts. Great game bud, and you played well! It's unfortunate that the format was posted wrong, so you couldn't get more Blasts. (thanks HS2010 ), but you played well, especially when you engaged Q9 with X17 to tie down Q-gun for a long time!

1-0, Q9 is still as powerful as ever.

My second army was against @hose and we played on Riot. I got to choose an army first, so I stole hose's army of Nilfheim, Greenscales x2, and Raelin. hose used my spooders and wyverns. Raelin got into a good spot for her aura, but a Wyvern pulled her into the pit of doom and spiders. She didn't go down, so I could still use her Aura. Nilfy's frost breath plowed through Spiders, and dealt hit and miss damage to the heroes. The Greenscales were effective at dispatching Spiders and , probably more valuabley, blocking high grounds from the Wyverns, who would have loved to get a 5 attack shot vs the white dragon. I won this game even though Nilfy went down eventually since Raelin wasn't killed so my Greenies were able to get within her +2 aura and spammed little attacks vs the last Wyvern to death. Great game hose! You did a great job fighting back in an uphill battle.

2-0, partially thanks to invoking an obscure ruling about moving through minis

My third game was against @heroscaper2010 . We played on Crisp. HS2010 played the house army, Ornak+Brunak+DW8k+Sonya. I stole his army of Cyprien, Mezzodemons x3, and a squad of Rats. What? I've never played Mezzos before. I led with Cyprien who took a wound from a treasure glyph trap lol. He brought out the heavier duty heroes, and then I respoonded with putting Cyp on the Def +1 glyph... just for DW8k to tear him apart with Rapid Fire. My mezzos got uber lucky and cracked that 8 Defense on their first real try, which was game changing. My mezzos and his Brunak slowly whittled away at each other, until I triple engaged Brunak with that squad of Deathreavers. I eventually won, and the mtg players next to us will forever be haunted by Kirk's maniacal crying, "1 shield on 10 dice...." Good game sir! That one came down to the bitter end!

3-0, and the legendary deathwalker rolls saved my life.

My fourth game was against Dylan, and we duked it out on Bountiful Grove. We both used our respective builds, with his being Knights of Weston x1, 4th x1, Sir Gilbert, and Raelin sotm. My Wyverns had given his units a fun time as they Talon Grab'd Gilbert away from his Knights. Estivara and Defense boosted Spiders were also very effective at holding the line. After some crucial early kills, this game ended quickly. Good game Dylan! The figure limit was painful for your army too, but you fought through. I'm sure you didn't expect to have your units flung all over the place either.

4-0, and I finally played my spooders.

Next up was against the other 4-wins player, @superfrog . We played on Remains of Cleopatra and I swiped his army of Heracules and 3 squads of Stingers. He took the house army of DW9k, Zettian Infantry x3, and Marro Warriors. I started Hercules on his task of beating the tin can up, and he responded by blasting my startzone for 3 kills on a 3 skull explosive attack. Those stingers never even saw it coming. Hercules dispatched the terrible Deathwalker swiftly. Stingers came along and started tearing apart the now bonding-less Zettians. Hercules slowly beat minis up and tossed a Zettian too. That game was pretty much a rout, especially after losing the Marro Warriors quickly to the Stingers. Good game superfrog, but Heracules is really hard to kill without massed commons to keep him in check.

5-0, and swiped 3 armies from my unsuspecting opponents.

Mr Inferno and I met on Valledon Fortress for our next game. He chose his Quahon, Sharwin Wildborne, Isamu, and Greenscale Warriors x1 army. I used the house army of Jotun, Guilty McCreech, and 2 squads of Dreadgul Raiders. Jotun and Quahon met in the middle of the fortress almost immediatly, but Quahon had the high Ground. She and the Greenscales did a bunch of damages to the Giant, who then wildly swung back for nil. Fortunately, my Dreadguls berzerked into battle with their giant hero and did damage of their own right back to the Greenies. Cole tried to zap my units with his lightning breath, but didn't do much. Meanwhile that massive attack of 8 against Quahon was well placed, dealing a crapload of damage. Big Blue Dragon died shortly after that, maybe to another swing from the Giant? Afterwards, Jotun and the Dreaguls raided his last two heroes. Good game Mr Inferno! A battle of the greats was tons of fun!

6-0, all hail the mighty giant Jotun!

I played @yamissflash for maybe the first time or second time in a loooong time as my 7th matchup. We played on Shadows Over Bleakewoode, and we took our respective armies. He had a Nilfheim and Microcorp Agents x2 build. I slowly rolled Estivara and the Spiders out, attempting to use the dinky sculpts of the bugs to hide. Well, nothing is slow about the Spiders's move of 7 lol. Nilfheim came up onto the central hill and stayed there all game. Since there was a Glyph of Kelda on the map I more or less mass engaged Nilfy to prevent him from snatching it up. Estivara blocked some good damages from the white dragon and managed to stick it out for a long time. Her aura helped my Spiders dish out damage to the Microcorps, and three good attack rolls from a Wyvern destroyed Nilfy. What a game yamissflash! The dice were just not on your side. But, until next time,

7-0, I can't believe it.

My 8th and final game was against the Michigan fella, @Tiamat . We played on Valledon Fortress and took our respective armies. He had Romans x2, Phantom Knights, Rhogar, and an Iron Golem. My Wyvern and Spiders did a number to his Romans, but they were still keeping pace. The PKs did a bit of damage across the board. Then in came the Golem who started stepping on my little spiders. It came down to a Spider on a Def +1 glyph and a Chainfighter vs a 2 life Golem. The Chainfighter hit the initiative switch and managed to kill the golem once and for all to end the game! Great to meet you Tiamat!

8-0. Luck of the dices.

What a great day! I totally did not expect to do nearly as well as I did, especially with the Spiders build, but they performed like they've been doing it for years. The format was great as well! Being able to play so many different builds was a treat! Until the next event!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 11:58 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Yesterday was great guys! Despite all my troubles rolling the dice, I had a ton of fun as always. We added a new member to the group, @Tiamat , who traveled 3 1/4 hrs from Michigan to be there with us. It was a great day all around.

Thanks @GUILD_WARRIOR , for the Bramcephys prize. We decided that a lot of us already had him so the guys that didn't rolled Bram's attack dice and the one with the most skulls won it. hosey ended up winning it after him and superfrog tied for three skulls.

If any of you played on any of the three maps that I made yesterday, please feel free to leave feedback in my maps thread (link in my signature). As a reminder, my maps were:

Shadows Over Bleakwoode

Durgeth Swamps

Riot 2.0

I got some positive feedback from a lot of you yesterday, so thank you guys for that.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 10:23 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

That was an awesome event everyone. Thanks for being so welcoming to the Michigan dude. I’m a little disappointed that @yamissflash didn’t mention the pivotal use of my laser pointer (2 times!) in his battle report Seriously though, I really enjoyed meeting everyone and having some great battles. I’m already looking forward to the next one.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 12:54 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
That was an awesome event everyone. Thanks for being so welcoming to the Michigan dude. I’m a little disappointed that @yamissflash didn’t mention the pivotal use of my laser pointer (2 times!) in his battle report Seriously though, I really enjoyed meeting everyone and having some great battles. I’m already looking forward to the next one.
Sorry about that... it was pretty awesome too...
Old April 23rd, 2018, 01:01 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Event Dates

@Tiamat

Quote:
vent - February 17, 2018
Spring Event - April 21, 2018
Fun Event - June 16th, 2018
Summer Event - July 2, 2018
Fall Event - National HeroScape Day October, 2018
Fun Event - December 15, 2018
These were the dates of the events I was telling you about.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old April 23rd, 2018, 08:58 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Event Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
@Tiamat

Quote:
vent - February 17, 2018
Thanks flameslayer93! I appreciate the heads-up. It's a lot easier to get away for the day when I can plan things well in advance.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 09:06 PM
I could go

Re: Event Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
@Tiamat

Quote:
vent - February 17, 2018
Thanks flameslayer93! I appreciate the heads-up. It's a lot easier to get away for the day when I can plan things well in advance.
Happy to do it! I should be able to attend the next event. But is the Summer Event supposed to be on July 2nd (a monday) or July 21st (a saturday)? I imagine if its the former I won’t be attending but if its the latter I can plan around for it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 5th, 2018, 12:16 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

Ron and I will almost certainly be at the June event.
Old May 6th, 2018, 01:23 PM
I could go

I should be able to come in June. I’ll find out about the rest of the warband.

@heroscaper2010
Any info about the July Event? Like what the date will be since the 2nd is on a Monday?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 21st, 2018, 03:20 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

First post edited with info. July 21. I should be able to make it, but I think Hosey won’t make this one. His mom thinks family birthday parties are more important.

good trades with rudyvalentine, crazytankster, and Jexik.
Old June 21st, 2018, 09:55 AM
I could go

Any maps in mind? I’m happy to bring 2-3 as always. I might try to enter the upcomming Maps comtest too, so I’ll try to bring that along.

~~flameslayer, who’s gonna get cracking after his vacation to WA.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events