Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 17th, 2015, 11:02 PM

SantelliC0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Expansion Content

I'm betting the next waves include, Ajani, Garruk, and Siren for their respective colors as they seem to be the next highest profile to the base set. Not sure about red and blue though maybe Tezzeret? He hasn't been around in a whIle tjough
Old August 18th, 2015, 12:03 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantelliC0 View Post
I'm betting the next waves include, Ajani, Garruk, and Siren for their respective colors as they seem to be the next highest profile to the base set. Not sure about red and blue though maybe Tezzeret? He hasn't been around in a whIle tjough
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Elspeth, she's been a main protagonist more often (and more recently) than Ajani. Garruk is pretty obvious, as is Sorin. Although, the expansion could be multi-colored Walkers. If that's the case, there are a few possibilities.

Sorin -> BW
Ajani -> RW
Tezzeret -> UB
Garruk -> GB
Nicol Bolas -> URB (too much?)

They're all recurring characters, as opposed to Walkers such as Dack Fayden, Vraska, Kiora, or Xenagos (who I am pretty sure Elspeth killed? I stopped caring about the Theros story).

As for mono-colored NeoWalkers go, Tamiyo is the only other mono blue one still alive (that I can think of), and completely irrelevant in the story. And for mono-red, Tibalt disappeared on Innistrad? Maybe killed by Sorin? And I don't even know what happened to Koth, but he's still on Mirrodin as far as I'm aware. Unless any of the make an appearance in an upcoming MTG set, we probably won't see them in AotP.
Old August 18th, 2015, 12:19 PM

SantelliC0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Koth is a good possibility I could see him showing up in the upcoming Zendikar set for the TCG. I doubt we see Bolas anytime soon. I wonder how soon they will do dual colors the rules seem set for it.
Old August 22nd, 2015, 11:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

In the video posted on another thread with the Hasbro Rep at GenCon, he mentions that for expansions we should see more Planeswalkers, other figures, and spell cards. He did not, however, mention more terrain.

That could have just been an omission, and as an older Scaper from back in the beginning I don't really need more terrain, but just sayin'...
Old August 22nd, 2015, 02:03 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

That makes sense, a box with just figures and cards can be smaller than the master set.
Old August 22nd, 2015, 04:36 PM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

Maybe some painted legendary multi-colored double spaced figures that can be summoned by the walkers.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 10:17 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Does anyone think they'll update this game with MTG set releases? Really hoping for a Battle for Zendikar release.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 10:22 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Taking a look at my old Heroscape Rise of the Valkyrie box photo, I see that it included (besides Unique Heroes) only Unique Squads...hmmm...
Old August 24th, 2015, 03:07 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Does anyone think they'll update this game with MTG set releases? Really hoping for a Battle for Zendikar release.
Doubt it. With 6 MTG set releases a year, there's no way we'll see 6 AotP expansions. maybe 1 per block (3 expansions a year) at most.
Old August 24th, 2015, 07:53 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I wonder if it will all be in one box or if we're going to have to track down a ton of blister packs like with the Heroscape waves.
Old August 25th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I'll be surprised if this isn't broken up into pieces. I hope they at least keep uniques separate from non-uniques (though we'll see how they package that to not have it clutter up the store shelves).
Old August 25th, 2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I'll be surprised if this isn't broken up into pieces. I hope they at least keep uniques separate from non-uniques (though we'll see how they package that to not have it clutter up the store shelves).
I hope they've learned to not print as many unique packs as non-unique packs. I wouldn't be surprised if my local Wal-Marts still have Gladiators and Agents packs sitting in some corner in the warehouse under a few pounds of dust.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion