Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 11th, 2020, 04:10 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
(with the exception of should it say "must attack"...I feel like that was a thematic sticking point for a lot of people)
I don't think it needs to or should with this version. Instead of "must," the player is encouraged to do so to heal back up. It puts the tension on the player to feel A-N's ravenous nature.
Old May 11th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
(with the exception of should it say "must attack"...I feel like that was a thematic sticking point for a lot of people)
I don't think it needs to or should with this version. Instead of "must," the player is encouraged to do so to heal back up. It puts the tension on the player to feel A-N's ravenous nature.
hmm...I see your point. I'll have to do some test runs with it and see how I like it. Theoryscaping it though does show some promise.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 17th, 2020, 08:42 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Updated Versions. Been playtesting these versions and really liking where they're landing. Should be submitting soon.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 21st, 2021, 11:12 PM

Starting on a new design that I'm kinda loving the potential for a splash in the SoV :P

Feedback welcome. Notice, I kinda love that you can have a couple Champions and they can activate each other with Feed the Frenzy.
i.e. Army Composition: S Champion X2, S Raiders X7

I also love the simplicity of the design, but for such a unique figure, I kinda think it could use a 3rd power...maybe...any thoughts on that?

Quote:
NAME = SAHUAGIN CHAMPION
GENERAL = UTGAR
PLANET = TORIL

SPECIES = SAHUAGIN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 160

FEED THE FRENZY

If this Sahuagin Champion wounds an opponents figure this turn, you may immediately move and attack with up to 4 other Sahuagins you control.

AMPHIBIOUS
While this Sahuagin Champion is on a water space, add 2 to its defense. If a Sahuagin Champion starts its turn on a water space, add 1 to its movement for that turn. A Sahuagin Champion does not have to stop its movement when entering a water space.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 21st, 2021, 11:53 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Starting on a new design that I'm kinda loving the potential for a splash in the SoV :P

Feedback welcome. Notice, I kinda love that you can have a couple Champions and they can activate each other with Feed the Frenzy.
i.e. Army Composition: S Champion X2, S Raiders X7

I also love the simplicity of the design, but for such a unique figure, I kinda think it could use a 3rd power...maybe...any thoughts on that?

Quote:
NAME = SAHUAGIN CHAMPION
GENERAL = UTGAR
PLANET = TORIL

SPECIES = SAHUAGIN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 160

FEED THE FRENZY

If this Sahuagin Champion wounds an opponents figure this turn, you may immediately move and attack with up to 4 other Sahuagins you control.

AMPHIBIOUS
While this Sahuagin Champion is on a water space, add 2 to its defense. If a Sahuagin Champion starts its turn on a water space, add 1 to its movement for that turn. A Sahuagin Champion does not have to stop its movement when entering a water space.
I really like the look of that miniature and design! What miniature are you using?

As far as the design goes, its really interesting. Very high offensive potential with Feed the Frenzy. However, I think I may be reading something wrong... Can two Champions keep activating each other indefinitely using Feed the Frenzy? If so that seems kinda powerful... basically a Rapid Fire Special attack but with 5 attack dice... and if you have more than two Champions you can activate up to four of them, and they can all activate each other again? Against low defense armies, it seems like you could take out obscene numbers of figures in a single order marker once everything was in position! I would just draft three Champions. Then whenever one of them deals a wound, I can always get two more attacks of 5, and as long as even one of those attacks deals a wound, I can just repeat the process indefinitely?!? However, at 160 points they carry quite the price tag, and 5L 4D is actually relatively easy to kill for a melee figure at that point value. Still, I can't help but think I might be misunderstanding how the power is intended to work.

Also, I've never played with/or against the Raiders, so take my feedback with a large grain of salt
Old January 22nd, 2021, 01:18 AM

Yeah, I think you’re right. I’d need to add a “After revealing an order marker on this S Champion...” clause. That would take care of the issue. Though if you did run 4 of them, yes you could activate all 4, potentially, in one turn with Fred the Frenzy.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 22nd, 2021, 03:29 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was looking at this miniature earlier this morning! Nice initial thoughts on it.

I do agree that it could use a third power, it's a very cool sculpt. Fir sone reason seeing it reminded me of fallen timeline Zora from Zelda lol.

Excited to see where you take this
Old January 24th, 2021, 01:22 AM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like what you've done with the Sahuagin Champion. I actually think that a third power would be unnecessary. The design is already solid, and the potential strength and utility of a power like Feed the Frenzy, alone, is enough to make the Champion stand out in its point range.

Given that you want this unit to become somewhat official, I would recommend changing Feed the Frenzy to affect four Sahuagin heros or one Sahuagin squad, rather than four Sahuagins. While the only Sahuagin unit in Classic Heroscape is a hero, the hypothetical advent of a Sahuagin squad would drastically increase the Champion's power in a seemingly unintended way. Although Sahuagin sculpts aren't exactly easy to find in great numbers, rendering such a squad unlikely, I think it would be best to preempt this interaction.
Old January 28th, 2021, 11:00 PM

horses123 is surprisingly tart

so cool,I like the Beakface sneaks. keep it up!!!!!!
Old February 1st, 2021, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
I was looking at this miniature earlier this morning! Nice initial thoughts on it.

I do agree that it could use a third power, it's a very cool sculpt. Fir sone reason seeing it reminded me of fallen timeline Zora from Zelda lol.

Excited to see where you take this
Yeah, I'll have to think about it. If I do go with a third power, it'll likely be something simple as not to take up too much space. Not sure what though...I kinda like as is...but maybe something brainstormed will pop out.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 1st, 2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I like what you've done with the Sahuagin Champion. I actually think that a third power would be unnecessary. The design is already solid, and the potential strength and utility of a power like Feed the Frenzy, alone, is enough to make the Champion stand out in its point range.

Given that you want this unit to become somewhat official, I would recommend changing Feed the Frenzy to affect four Sahuagin heros or one Sahuagin squad, rather than four Sahuagins. While the only Sahuagin unit in Classic Heroscape is a hero, the hypothetical advent of a Sahuagin squad would drastically increase the Champion's power in a seemingly unintended way. Although Sahuagin sculpts aren't exactly easy to find in great numbers, rendering such a squad unlikely, I think it would be best to preempt this interaction.
ah, good point. If there were a squad (or even more than 1 different common squad) than there'd be the issue of taking turns with single members of each different squad. Yeah, I think I will have to word it a little differently to account for that. Though, I'll likely have to make it, "up to 4 sahuagin common heros or one sahuagin squad" because then it could be OP if there ended up being a few different Sahuagin heroes...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 28th, 2021, 01:38 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like Sahaguin Champion. Would be fun if he had Blood Frenzy (+1 attack per wound on foe), even if you had to cut his attack to 4 to make up the difference.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards