Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 3rd, 2019, 11:31 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Spider-Man villains workshop

Ok, here is my first real attempt at creating some customs heroes. The Enforcers are a trio that have worked together for a variety of different crime lords, so I tried to come up with a power that would create synergy with with that group. The points are just a guess, so please give me any thoughts or feedback about theses guys. I know that the wording is a little clunky and could use some polish. Figures are supposed to be released in Feb 2019.

The Enforcers

Fancy Dan
Daniel Brito

Human
Unique Hero
Criminal
Precise
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 6
Range 5
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 160-175?

Enforcers
When revealing an order marker on a Crime Lord or Mastermind, instead of taking a turn with that figure you may attack with a Unique Hero with the Enforcers special power and may move another Unique Hero with the Enforcers special power.

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ox
Raymond Bloch

Human
Unique Hero
Criminal
Fearless?
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Attack 5(6?)
Defense 5

Points 200?

Enforcers

When revealing an order marker on a Crime Lord or Mastermind, instead of taking a turn with that figure you may attack with a Unique Hero with the Enforcers special power and may move another Unique Hero with the Enforcers special power.

ONE SHIELD DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice, if Ox rolls at least one shield, the most wounds Ox can take from this attack is one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Montana
Jackson W. Brice

Human
Unique Hero
Criminal
Cocky
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 3
Defense 4

Points 150?

Enforcers

Lasso 9
Before attacking with Montana you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Montana, roll he d20, if you roll a 9 or higher, place the targeted figure adjacent to Montana. The lassoed figure rolls 2(1?) less defense and attack dice and may not move until Montana is no longer adjacent.

Last edited by Ericth74; January 3rd, 2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Ericth74 Design Workshop Thread

Awesome!

A couple quick general points before getting into the designs themselves:

1) They're getting figures in February, but it's not a surefire thing that we're getting 'normal' versions - we know we're getting the weirdo Earth X versions that have been changed by the Terrigen Mists (Ox has the head of an ox and the others look weird too, I think).

I think given how much WizKids likes sculpt reuse, and the fact that they're super-overdue, we'll probably get normal versions. Just wanted to mention that it's not a certainty, though.

2) We haven't been doing dedicated workshop threads for allies yet, but you could always rebrand as a Spider-Man Villain Workshop!

And now for some more design-specific thoughts:

Group as a whole
I really like the simplicity here. I think one 'Enforcers work as a group' power and one other power for each makes a lot of sense.

I also like them as Criminals, but I'd be tempted to actually class them as Enforcers and use that for synergy, if only because that's sort of an under-used class, and you do occasionally see a weird riff on the group where someone else is swapped in.

I really think you should get turns with all three guys, though. "Individually just okay, but together strong enough to tussle with Spider-Man" is a key thing to me. And, y'know, the fact that they're all sort of individually repping part of Spidey's powers (Ox is strong, Montana is ropey, Fancy Dan is fancy and nimble)

Fancy Dan
I'd lose the range. You might see him with guns sometimes, but he's always really quick to show off his judo whenever he gets into a scrap, and doesn't really fire guns. It also gives Montana more of a niche if he's the one with range.

I always envisioned him with a Yukio-style figure movement power:

Quote:
FANCY JUDO
After defending against an adjacent normal attack from a small or medium figure, if Fancy Dan does not take any wounds, he may switch places with the attacking figure. Figures moved by Fancy Judo never take any leaving engagement attacks.
Maybe also with the option to use it on attack? I think that taps into what he does more than CCE.

Ox
I'd go with something like Dull for the personality. Honestly, I'd be really tempted to go reallll lean here - just up his stats and let that be his whole shtick. Have his special powers be the group Enforcers power and then Weak-Minded, and let the fact that he's just absurdly strong for a baseline human (and this little synergy group) be his main shtick - I'm thinking 5/5 Attack/Defense and probably 5-6 Life.

Montana
Ah, the lamest Enforcer. I think the take here is pretty much right.

I wouldn't go with more than 1 for the defense subtraction. Honestly, I think you could get away with skipping it entirely - stopping Spider-Man from moving around is the real highlight.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:39 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the Enforcers Special Power, seems about perfect from what I know of them. I also like that they’re simple, because that’s a direction I’ve really been enjoying lately.

For the constructive criticism, how powerful are these guys really? They’re just standard humans, right? Would a single one of them be able to go toe to toe with Black Widow or Hawkeye? Attack 6 is also pretty much super strength levels, afaik.

I think it would be cool (though not needed) if you could combo their powers a litte bit. For example if you could use the movement turn with Montana to use his lasso then attack the lassoed figure at -1 defense with Ox. Stuff like that would make them feel pretty dangerous even if they were at lower point levels.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

They are just standard humans, yeah. You could probably get the whole group in around 250-300 to be a pretty even match against Spider-Man.

Ox's strength is probably like, Buffy-level. He's not quite up to SS, but he's weirdly strong for someone who's seemingly a regular human.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 01:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
They are just standard humans, yeah. You could probably get the whole group in around 250-300 to be a pretty even match against Spider-Man.

Ox's strength is probably like, Buffy-level. He's not quite up to SS, but he's weirdly strong for someone who's seemingly a regular human.
Ah, Kingpin strength. I think 250-300 for the set sounds pretty cool.

If this thread does have to get a rebrand, a Spidey villains workshop would be pretty cool.

I’d prefer the bonding power they currently have with some synergy touches in their 2nd powers vs “take a turn with all 3” bonding. It feels more...dynamic to me? Both would be cool though.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:15 PM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Ronin thanks for the feedback.

I'm happy to change the thread title.

I wasn't aware that the figures could be screwy versions.

My thoughts on Fancy Dan and range would be that every bio I read about him mentioned his marksmanship as one of his skills. I originally thought about a range of 1 but with a Special Attack Range 5 Attack 2 but with an Auto Skull to represent his skill. I like the idea of Fancy Judo but I do feel that there needs to be an offense side to it too.

As for Ox, I like Dull as a personality, great idea. I was thinking the same as you about a stripped down version, I went with One Shield Defense to represent his toughness, but a 5 defense is probably enough and additional life.

Montana - (he is the lamest!) keeping his Lasso power at -1 defense/attack seems right to me, but I could be convinced that just not moving is enough.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:19 PM

@MrNobody thanks as well for the feedback. I think you are right that the overall power is too high. I think 350 for the team makes sense. Something like 110 Fancy Dan/150 Ox/90 for Montana. Maybe drop Fancy Dan and Montana to 3 life? I can't see them as a group at only 250.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:22 PM
Symbiotic

I could see Montana and Fancy Dan down in the 60-80 range. Doesn't seem crazy when you stack em up against the Rogues.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

Ah, Kingpin strength. I think 250-300 for the set sounds pretty cool.

If this thread does have to get a rebrand, a Spidey villains workshop would be pretty cool.

I’d prefer the bonding power they currently have with some synergy touches in their 2nd powers vs “take a turn with all 3” bonding. It feels more...dynamic to me? Both would be cool though.

Another thought that I had about the Enforcer power could be something where the Crime Lord/Mastermind reveals a numbered order marker and x-marker and takes a turn with up to 3 Enforcers. That might work so that it can only be used once a round?
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I could see Montana and Fancy Dan down in the 60-80 range. Doesn't seem crazy when you stack em up against the Rogues.
True, Trickster can be a real pain at 65 or 70 points. At times Bucky too.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:27 PM

@Ronin I'll go back to the drawing board and come back with some edits later.

I thought about Enforcer as a class, but I was trying to use the Wrecking Crew as an example.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:27 PM

How do I change the thread title?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy