Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your playing style?
Attacking 50 20.49%
Mixed-Attacking 107 43.85%
Mixed 50 20.49%
Mixed-Defending 33 13.52%
Defending 4 1.64%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 21st, 2010, 11:49 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: What is your play style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Divider #4 View Post
I like sending out a small, elite (as in high-attack, usually low defense melee like the minions, kow, or woa
All of those have pretty good defense, actually.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:50 PM

agentsapphiretsunami Woo who?

I'm new at Heroscape and getting better at it but, my style is pretty much be super sneaky and attack as best you can. Don't get too aggressive too quickly...you'll need that aggression later! Any advice, I'm open to any comment.
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:01 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to the site! Glad to have another member here on HSers!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:02 PM

Redstone Woo who?

I'm new to the game, and have been trying to get a good selection of figures. I don't have multiples of any squad, so we just play what we want! I've been reading about synergy lately, so will try to use that. Perhaps in the future I'll try to get some multiples of the squads I have.

Redstone
"Imagination is more important that knowledge." Albert Einstein
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I enjoy sending some units totaling 50-150 points on a suicide attack, and holding the rest back. Mimring, Wolves of Badru, Marcu, and Isamu are favorites for my suicide attackers. They basically just faze the attack force a little. (A.K.A, their top priority is attack squads.)

Of course, this strategy will fail when my opponent uses the Marro hive.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:28 PM

panheadman1995 is surprisingly tart

When I pick my army, I always am heavy on the squads, light on the heroes. I think a 2 to 1 ratio of squads to heroes. I also prefer a heavily covered area on the map like a jungle or a forest for multiple reasons. The cover from trees in the jungle are very useful in protection from ranged attacks, especially in thick jungle. Also, the cover can also provide a shield from other players. Although it may sound silly, the less visible you are, the less they'll pay attention. Last but possibly most important, when the game is nearing it's apex, the opponent will look around the board to find the biggest threat. The thick jungle will provide an illusion to your opponent making them believe that you are less of a threat than you really are because the shruberries are hiding a good part of your army. This tactic works best when playing a game with about 5 Scapers.

Normally I prefer to send out Tagawa's and get the 3 kills easily by wiping out some gruts or a weak squad of that sort. And then, once I've gotten their attack up, pull out and bring in quads like 10th reg or 4th Mass Line and a couple squads of protectors to wipe out the main part of the opponents squads.

Then I'll take in some stronger squads like the Minions to wipe out the opponents' stronger heroes. Then to my few heroes to wipe out the rest. The end
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:30 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart

my normal armys usally have x2defender squads go separate in different directions and push out with them. then divide my army and follow them. it usually works if you keep one or two sharks/cleanup at the start zone until it is time to "cleanup"

stingers>everything else
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:33 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Divider #4 View Post
I like sending out a small, elite (as in high-attack, usually low defense melee like the minions, kow, or woa
All of those have pretty good defense, actually.
I join the confusion, that makes no sense. I think what you're thinking of would be the Kozuke Samurai.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:45 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I like to take my ranged units (Omnicrons, Stingers or, the 4th), grab height/glyphs as quickly as I can, and attack with 3-4 strong ranged attacks for a couple of rounds. After that, I like to send in a beastly hero to do some major damage to what's left of my opponent's initial force. Depending on what happens I'll either take my cleanup crew and win, or take my cleanup crew and pray.
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Old Rough and Ready is surprisingly tart

I say mixed defending. I prefer to find the high ground, get glyphs secure, and stick my tongue out at your hacker troops while my riflemen mow you down. As for the mixed part, I usually have someone like Sgt. Drake or Charos to swoop in at the end and finish you off.

Now this may not be effective, I have never even seen a tournament game let alone play one. I usually play with friends in a more casual mood (we usually play without a limit time or round wise)

My Customs (Check Em' Out!)
Star Trek Scape (personal figures) (Going Where No Heroscaper Has Gone Before...)
Chief Engineer (Self-proclaimed) at TrekScape
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:40 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

That's actually a great strategy. Glyph-grabbing and taking the high ground with range then following up with a clean-up unt(s) is what you see a lot of the better players do (at least in my experiance.)

Something that might also help is setting up a melee screen with a unit like the Deathreavers to slow your opponent down.

And welcome to the site!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:51 PM

Old Rough and Ready is surprisingly tart

Yep, I call it "Boulder" tactics. I build up and camp, essentially immovable, and then I build up enough momentum and roll over you. I originally developed it in Command and Conquer computer games, but works well in a similar way in Heroscape.

As for a melee screen, I usually use Zombies (If I have 120 spare points) so I have a self-replicating shield! Untill they throw their own fodder at me, then it's just a field day for my riflemen!

My Customs (Check Em' Out!)
Star Trek Scape (personal figures) (Going Where No Heroscaper Has Gone Before...)
Chief Engineer (Self-proclaimed) at TrekScape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles