Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 17th, 2014, 05:54 PM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart
Need interesting objectives for 10 player game

Me and a bunch of friends, probably going to be 10 of us, are planning to have a few large games together, and I'm trying to find some nice gamemodes, other than the standard kill em all. I have 1x Rise of the Valkyrie, 2x Swarm of the Marro, 1x Battle for the Underdark, and 3x Fortress of the Archkyrie, so the objectives would need to stay within that terrain. I appreciate all suggestions!
Old November 17th, 2014, 07:17 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Need interesting objectives for 10 player game

Hunt for artifacts scenario? Or perhaps scenario's where enemy squads can ambush characters when move to a certain point, or on a glyph, etc...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old November 17th, 2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Hunt for artifacts scenario? Or perhaps scenario's where enemy squads can ambush characters when move to a certain point, or on a glyph, etc...
Hunt for artifacts sounds quite interesting, but I don't really understand what you mean with the ambush. Do the squads that ambush start off the board, and the ambusher may place the squads when the other players arrive at a certain area?
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:02 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raXas1516 View Post
Quote:
Hunt for artifacts sounds quite interesting, but I don't really understand what you mean with the ambush. Do the squads that ambush start off the board, and the ambusher may place the squads when the other players arrive at a certain area?
Yeah that could work. Or maybe each player makes their own glyph for the game. That could be interesting. Needs to be balanced though.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Me and a bunch of friends, probably going to be 10 of us, are planning to have a few large games together, and I'm trying to find some nice gamemodes, other than the standard kill em all. I have 1x Rise of the Valkyrie, 2x Swarm of the Marro, 1x Battle for the Underdark, and 3x Fortress of the Archkyrie, so the objectives would need to stay within that terrain. I appreciate all suggestions!
You can play "Capture the Flag", where you put an object in the middle of the battlefield and players have to grab it and bring it back to their base.

Another multiplayer objective is to hold an object for a full round. Basically, put a glyph or other object in the middle of the battlefield. To win, one of your figures must be standing on that glyph at the beginning of the round and must remain on that glyph until the end of the round. Or one of your figures must be the only figure adjacent to that object the entire round.
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:17 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

With 10 players there will be a lot of down time. I have therefore just invented a new way to play Heroscape to keep your interest during others' turns: Whomping Heroscape Order Marker Prediction (WHOMP). After placing Order Markers, each player writes down where they think the 1, 2 and 3 markers are for the player to their left. When the round is complete, reveal your Prediction! For each correct guess, add 2 to your initiative roll. If you get the trifecta, add 7.

On the next round, you predict the player two to your left, and so on.

WHOMP!
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:43 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Communist Scape or I hate you all equally.

Each time a player inflicts a wound (or makes a kill) against a unique player they get a point. You only can score once against each opponent.

So maximum of 9 points and the goal would be to inflict some damage on everybody, but eliminating an opponent could prevent some people from scoring. Tiebreaker would be last survivor.
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah that could work. Or maybe each player makes their own glyph for the game. That could be interesting. Needs to be balanced though.
Yes, it sounds like it could be a very interesting game, it just needs a bit of tweaking
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
You can play "Capture the Flag", where you put an object in the middle of the battlefield and players have to grab it and bring it back to their base.

Another multiplayer objective is to hold an object for a full round. Basically, put a glyph or other object in the middle of the battlefield. To win, one of your figures must be standing on that glyph at the beginning of the round and must remain on that glyph until the end of the round. Or one of your figures must be the only figure adjacent to that object the entire round.
Yes those sound pretty fun, I'll keep those in mind
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
With 10 players there will be a lot of down time. I have therefore just invented a new way to play Heroscape to keep your interest during others' turns: Whomping Heroscape Order Marker Prediction (WHOMP). After placing Order Markers, each player writes down where they think the 1, 2 and 3 markers are for the player to their left. When the round is complete, reveal your Prediction! For each correct guess, add 2 to your initiative roll. If you get the trifecta, add 7.

On the next round, you predict the player two to your left, and so on.

WHOMP!
That would be a fun addition to the game, but it doesn't solve the problem of downtime, since people would only be writing down their guesses at the beginning of the round. Interesting mechanic though, I think we'll definitely be using it, thanks for the input!
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Communist Scape or I hate you all equally.

Each time a player inflicts a wound (or makes a kill) against a unique player they get a point. You only can score once against each opponent.

So maximum of 9 points and the goal would be to inflict some damage on everybody, but eliminating an opponent could prevent some people from scoring. Tiebreaker would be last survivor.
Thanks! We'll probably try that one out for a game or two!
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

King of the hill would probably be the best game mode, imho. Maybe build a stage where you utilize the castle or dungeon tiles in the middle, spice it up with some glyphs or other bonuses and fight over it.
Typically holding objectives or capturing flags is your best bet, but with 10 players a free-for-all frenzy is difficult to avoid. 5vs5 cap the flags with 10 flags total? Idunno.
There's been all sorts of game modes invented over the years in all sorts of games, so there's really no limit to what you could borrow ideas from (how about Search & Destroy? Defuse a bomb? Maybe not that one...)

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion