Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old July 13th, 2011, 06:04 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What's your favorite music?

Metal has become an obsession of mine.
The sound, the variety, the image, the history, the culture....everything about metal is just incredible. Favorite types of metal:
Metalcore
Industrial
Thrash
Melodic Death
Deathcore
Nu
Power

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain

Last edited by Jandarforever; July 13th, 2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:58 PM

Billtrumpet25 is surprisingly tart

For me, it's classical all the way, but I like jazz a lot, too.

Classical music is for those who have patience (i.e. to sit through a 20 min concerto). In the end, it's all worth it. All music (and I mean all) is based off of classical components. Without classical, there would be no no modern music...

Jandarforever-I love the Hogan's Heroes reference in your sig.
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:56 AM

Gatehop-Quickfingers Woo who?

Well, I listen to a lot of metal, but there are a lot of different opinions on what is considered to be metal.

You have the Iron Maiden and Metallica metal, the stuff that started it all out. I love this stuff, but it is no longer what most people consider metal, it's more like hard rock.

Then you have your Five Finger Death Punch, RED, and Avenged Sevenfold type of metal. This is probably my favorite type of metal. Less screaming, more catchy guitar riffs.

And of course, there's the incredibly hardcore, screaming...well, metal metal! I generally do not like this kind of music, with two exceptions. I love Slipknot. A lot. James Root is one of my favorite guitarists ever, and his playing style sounds amazing when matched up with the sheer vocal powers of Corey Taylor. The second exception is with Children of Bodom. You can hardly understand a word between the Finnish accent and brutal screaming, but when you take into effect that Alexi Laiho sings that type of thing as he plays the amazing guitar the band is famous for, you realize how much talent metal actually takes to play.

Besides metal, I listen to a lot of alternative music and classic rock, along with some progressive rock. The Myriad is probably my favorite band overall, they just sound so eerie and strange and beautiful, and Avenged Sevenfold is a close second. Rush is another favorite, and you can't go wrong with Muse.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Corinthians 13:4

"Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?"
-Famous Kender Proverb
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

A lot of modern rock:
Rise Against
The Offspring
Sum 41
Blink-182
Foo Fighters
Cage the Elephant
Red Hot Chili Peppers
MGMT
Chevelle
Three Days Grace
System of a Down
Weezer

With some classics:
AC/DC
The Ramones
The Clash
Slade
Horslips

Some metal:
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Anthrax
Slipknot
Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell

And some rap:
Lupe Fiasco
Eminem
Tupac
B.o.B.
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Your sig makes me think that you're nothing more than a particularly clever bot, BJewel.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; March 29th, 2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Debating whether or not to report you...
Old May 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcooper View Post
Personally I love Rock music and I use listening to soft rock songs on my iPod daily while I’m travelling to office.
Again, the sig... could be a clever bot...

Anyway, I forget whether or not I replied here already, but I go for artists like: Nirvana, Simon & Garfunkel (the former independently also), White Stripes, some Radiohead, AC/DC, Three Days Grace on and off, the occasional bout of psychedelic rock, Wilco, Beethoven, Mozart, Howard Shore, etc., etc.

Varied, to say the least.
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:20 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart

I like deathmetal and Taylor Swift. There is no in between.
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
I like deathmetal and Taylor Swift. There is no in between.

To each his own. Anybody have a personal favorite album? Or even a top 3? Might as well list mine-
1) Graceland, Paul Simon and other artists
2) The White Album, The Beatles
3) Nevermind, Nirvana
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:58 AM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart

Haha, I guess I like your two least favorites?
Old May 31st, 2012, 03:06 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Tu Es Partout by Edith Piaf is my favorite song ever.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:41 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Jeez does nobody listen to weezy, drizzy, twizzy and company? For those of you that don't know the nicknames thats Lil wayne, Drake, and lil twist. I pretty much like anyone YMCMB and other varied rappers. Wiz Khalifa would be up toward the top too.

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old June 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

We went to see Marillion at The Fillmore in SF last night:

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music