Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old August 8th, 2022, 01:06 PM

FuzzyBandit is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Announcing ScapeCon III

I missed ScapeCon2 because I couldn't post (since fixed) so I was hoping to get a spot at 3. Now I'm really interested to see how the rebirth changes things.
Old August 10th, 2022, 12:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey all!

Naturally, news of HeroScape's official revival has raised some questions with regards to the future of ScapeCon. Full disclosure: we know as little as everyone else at the moment.

However, we're excited to announce that ScapeCon III is still moving forward as planned! ScapeCon has proven to be both a great place for competitive HeroScape and a great format for members of the community to spend time together outside of games.

We're figuring out the minimum number of attendees to make sure we can cover the hotel cost (it's probably around 30). We're also raising the cap to 64 people. Sign-ups will proceed as planned, with priority sign-ups for past attendees starting on August 13, and sign-ups for everyone else starting on September 13. Remember, you do not pay anything until February. As of now, we're pretty sure the prices we gave in the first post will be accurate (again, we'll figure out one-day badge prices when that's more relevant).

I hope to see you at ScapeCon III!
Mike

Last edited by OEAO; August 10th, 2022 at 12:31 PM. Reason: I already have some new format ideas kicking around in my head...
Old August 10th, 2022, 01:48 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Really exciting. Loved Scapecon, so I'm super happy to see it continue into the new era of Heroscape. Also love the player cap expansion.

Could we get a delay to signups? Gencon is the week before Scapecon, and there's a big question mark as to whether there will be Hasbro-sponsored events there. As a Heroscape superfan in a state adjacent to Indiana I can probably make both, but others don't have that luxury and may need a little more time to decide which they'd like to attend.
Old August 10th, 2022, 02:11 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Really exciting. Loved Scapecon, so I'm super happy to see it continue into the new era of Heroscape. Also love the player cap expansion.

Could we get a delay to signups? Gencon is the week before Scapecon, and there's a big question mark as to whether there will be Hasbro-sponsored events there. As a Heroscape superfan in a state adjacent to Indiana I can probably make both, but others don't have that luxury and may need a little more time to decide which they'd like to attend.
I spoke with my dad about potentially delaying sign-ups, but there isn't really any downside to running them now. The system is set up such that people don't have to 100% commit until February anyways, which should give people adequate time to make an informed decision. As such, I don't think it's a big deal either way, so we're going to proceed as planned.
Old August 10th, 2022, 02:31 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Hey all!

Naturally, news of HeroScape's official revival has raised some questions with regards to the future of ScapeCon. Full disclosure: we know as little as everyone else at the moment.

However, we're excited to announce that ScapeCon III is still moving forward as planned! ScapeCon has proven to be both a great place for competitive HeroScape and a great format for members of the community to spend time together outside of games.

We're figuring out the minimum number of attendees to make sure we can cover the hotel cost (it's probably around 30). We're also raising the cap to 64 people. Sign-ups will proceed as planned, with priority sign-ups for past attendees starting on August 13, and sign-ups for everyone else starting on September 13. Remember, you do not pay anything until February. As of now, we're pretty sure the prices we gave in the first post will be accurate (again, we'll figure out one-day badge prices when that's more relevant).

I hope to see you at ScapeCon III!
Mike

Great news--glad it's moving forward and hope there are many more ScapeCons to come. You'll figure something out, I'm certain. Happy Scaping!
Old August 10th, 2022, 05:58 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

What is the general rationale for having Scape Con back to back with Gen Con? This year the 3 week separation worked well for me.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old August 10th, 2022, 06:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
What is the general rationale for having Scape Con back to back with Gen Con? This year the 3 week separation worked well for me.
Unfortunately, that weekend was the only weekend I could do next year. The bar exam is the week before GenCon, so my summer up until then is pretty much shot. We didn’t want to go any later because then it’d start getting close to school starting.
Old August 15th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

If Avalon Hill does an exclusive figure for GenCon, I hope they make enough of them to send some love to ScapeCon
Old August 15th, 2022, 05:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

It would be super dope to have GenCon prize support also at ScapeCon…I sure hope so.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 15th, 2022, 05:55 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree that the prize support would be nice
Old August 19th, 2022, 01:09 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!

Regarding the order markers ... If I'm using order markers that came with the game (not 3D printed ones), you're saying I have to paint them? I'm not sure I understand this rule. Can someone please elaborate on it for me?

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old August 19th, 2022, 01:46 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FWIW

Assume any official Scape product is preapproved.

~Dysole, extrapolating

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon