Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 10th, 2022, 11:01 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The newer miniatures will be in line, scale wise, with other games rather than previous Heroscape. So closer to D&D size than HS size. Chris Nadeau said this at GenCon--I don't know if he's said it anywhere online.

Overall I like that it will be easier to use Heroscape figures for a D&D hexcrawl or whatever.
Those mini in the picks looked more heroic scale like Warhammer than skinny scale, but you saw them in person. The bases also look like og scape compared to the d&d stuff. If the used the larger basis they won't fit D&d grids.

I stand corrected those look like d&d bases

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 10th, 2022, 11:13 AM

TheNewtruthneomaxim Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
I own 2 of every common and would definitely get 2 more of any common that was "reskinned".

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the new stuff and hope the vast majority of released product is new, but it would be nice to have an old squad or two peppered in to each wave, maybe with a new bio and sculpt to reflect their journey through the battlefields of Valhalla over the last 10 years.

My wife and I were super into Heroscape early in its life, but life distracted us halfway through its run. As a result we're just now going back with your same plan of owning two+ of any common unit, and one of every unique.

Let's just say I am glad we're hardcore hobbyists because it is becoming shockingly expensive. I say this only because reprints from Avalon Hill would be a wonderful thing. Even GW does a rare periodic print run of "made to order" old Warhammer models, so if AH used Pulse to sell "old" units while the main skus are all new releases, I would be overjoyed!
Old August 10th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Swan Kenobi
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Swan Kenobi
is the dawn raider syndicate going to be a running faction like the marro and omnicrons were? aka over multiple forseeable expansions and such
Very much so. It was obvious we needed that level of depth if we were going to build a larger world. Without a layers between the Valkyrie and each planet and species, everything tends to feel disjointed and random.
You need some obvious buckets of organization in the material
super cool, and I agree. One of my big gripes with classic scape was the factions that never got fleshed out like the gorillas and the wild west types
Exactly. So much noise and nothing to really follow. You all are the exception, but ask outside this sphere of hardcore fans and historians and you will find a majority that fail to even understand most aspects of the story. It is very hard to follow, and full of contradictions. Took Ryder, Craig and I alot of time to unravel some of the tangle.
And some stuff from facebook:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook Person #1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook Person #1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook Person #1 (in response to someone else)
ooo I like the sound of that! A band of mercenaries fighting for themselves now instead of a general who brought them here. Very thematic!
ding. Well played.
Wait, is that what they are? Disgruntled warriors of other Generals that fight for themselves now?
in a world ravaged by destruction and chaos, a war that calls up on the entire galaxy to stand upon cataclysmic fields of battle, after countless campaigns, hundeds of thousands of casualties on both sides, do you honestly believe everyone is satisfied simply picking a side and carrying their war banners?

It is not called "Age of Annihilation" for nothing...
no, I suppose not. Oh man, this is definitely giving me ideas for a potential theme or two!
that's kind of the point. This is YOUR GAME Heroscapers. The galaxy is going back to war for you!
Very interesting, especially that Facebook quote. I wonder how exactly the "Dawn Raider Syndicate" will be shown on the cards, if it is going to be a recurring theme. Is this going to be shown like the Valkyrie general but indicating there are "factions" beyond allegiance to a Valkyrie General now? If so that's pretty cool.
Old August 10th, 2022, 12:55 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Very interesting, especially that Facebook quote. I wonder how exactly the "Dawn Raider Syndicate" will be shown on the cards, if it is going to be a recurring theme. Is this going to be shown like the Valkyrie general but indicating there are "factions" beyond allegiance to a Valkyrie General now? If so that's pretty cool.
That's the way I'm interpreting it. I also think it is pretty cool.

It will be interesting to see how many "canon" things the New Designers change that VC was afraid to change, haha.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 10th, 2022, 01:01 PM

KRUG! knows what's in an order marker KRUG! knows what's in an order marker

After getting caught up here, I’m finding it surprising that no one is discussing the throw away comment about Grut War Elephants. I definitely need those. Avalon Hill, are you listening?!? Are you?!?

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.
Old August 10th, 2022, 01:07 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUG! View Post
After getting caught up here, I’m finding it surprising that no one is discussing the throw away comment about Grut War Elephants. I definitely need those. Avalon Hill, are you listening?!? Are you?!?

Where was this mentioned?

Old August 10th, 2022, 01:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The war council is, I believe, a reference to CVN, @dok , @Dad_Scaper , @kevindola , @Xorlof , @skyknight , etc.
Quote:
No the Kyrie are not extinct. Leave him alone
That is the current entire Council. No need for an “etc.”

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 10th, 2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:

Look in comment #499 in this thread.

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.
Old August 10th, 2022, 01:20 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:

Look in comment #499 in this thread.

Very interesting...
Old August 10th, 2022, 01:29 PM

Interesting indeed. I thought it was an overly specific thing to just pull out of thin air as an example…

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.
Old August 10th, 2022, 01:44 PM

What about Grut riding Woolly Mammoth or Woolly Rhinoceros? I think that would fit their theme better, since they use a sabertooth cat for the swog rider

Last edited by Master Roshi; August 10th, 2022 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added Image
Old August 10th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

*ignore*

Last edited by brak88; August 10th, 2022 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Can't tell the difference between an elephant and a triceratops lol

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion