Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 16th, 2021, 11:49 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Wildwood Monarch

Fun! What did you do with the other 200 points?
Old December 16th, 2021, 12:20 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
Fun! What did you do with the other 200 points?
Millerson and two other Nottingham Brigands. I had great plans for them but it was hard to get them in the battle when the Wildwoods were handling 600 of the 700 points of my opponent's army.

However, having Millerson and the Nottingham Brigands gave me some powerful striking power. They managed to take out two Wrymlings from Jandar and secured some glyphs for plus 2 movements. Great figures!
Old December 17th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
I am a little concerned if playing against this army would be an enjoyable experience for your opponent. After the game, we discussed how she could have defeated them and I mentioned that it's better to kill the Runners first. Of course, knowing that she needs to do that to win, I can simply hide one of my runners in the start zone making them difficult to destroy.
The strategy of hiding one in the starting zone doesn't work, exactly, because it has to upgrade to a Sentinel at some point. New Runners only spawn at the Monarch, which is always on the front lines. The trick is keeping that newly-spawned Runner from getting away. As long as you can do that consistently, the Wildwood's Regeneration is effectively shut down.
Old July 28th, 2022, 09:43 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Wildwood faction

I have had a lot of fun with the Wildwood Faction. Buyer beware! These figures can cause for an un-fun playing experience for both the pilot of the army and the opponent. 

I played in this recent OHS season and in a recent Utah Monthly tourney running a “lighter version” of this army.

Traditionally players would want: 

Monarch

Sentinel x2
Runner x4 OR 5

This would fill up your whole army in most cases. 

The “light version” 

Monarch

Sentinel x1

Runners x3

360 points.

This leaves quite a bit of room for some ranged fillers or perhaps even some screen figures (thinking 3x Deathreavers to counter and slow down their range). In the recent OHS tourney I filled it with Major Q10 and Bol. (Delta pricing)

This forced my opponents to think differently about how to play against this army. Sometimes I would lead with Q10, others I would keep him in reserves. But 8 range and some good special attacks really helps the Trees to be better and more fun. Plus it creates a more tactical challenge for your opponents.

I’ll add that the risk and reward for targeting runners vs targeting the sentinel or monarch when you have less of each creates interesting interactions for your opponent.

I ended up being matched up against a full Wildwood army (Monarch, 2x sentinel, 5x runner) in that OHS season and won. I’ll assert that the lighter version of the Wildwood army is superior AND equally as important, more fun to play with/against. 

How to beat kite-y ranged figures with the Wildwoods: 

The Wildwoods have an Achilles heel… Range.

This requires some real finesse to combat effectively. Isolate the figure that you want to pin. Use as much road as you can. Truly the only way to stop a good player from kiting and killing your trees is to:

1) Lose initiative. If you win initiative, start to push the kiting figure(s) to start zones and pinch points. Spread out. Use your runners to hassle the kiters.

2) During OM 3 get into a spot to set up a favorable OM switch. Keep in mind that the Monarch will be spawning a new runner at the start of the next round. Use this to get in position to lock something up. Set up as many Turn 1 ambushes as possible. 

3) Win initiative.

4) if you lose initiative repeat steps 1 -3. If you win initiative, it’s time to lock things down and deal as much damage as possible.

5) Rinse and repeat until you win the game!

In this OHS season, I faced off with Marro Warriors and got some critical initiative switches to win the game. I faced off with Gorillinators and got some critical initiative switches to win the game. Finally, I faced off with Krav Maga Agents. I had the set up to get the big plays I needed a couple of times, but the initiative never switched ha! So I lost the game.

But the right moves were made to set up a victory for the slow but near-indomitable trees.

How Wildwoods have been played has been pretty linear since their release. I hope this post causes some discussion and creates some interesting dialogue around how to play with/against the trees differently moving forward.

Old July 28th, 2022, 09:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, props to you for pioneering this army type. And time and again I’m glad that Heroscape includes initiative switches. Really leads to a more tactically rich game.
Old July 29th, 2022, 08:38 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Good write up. It makes sense that Wildwoods would be potentially smoother with a smaller portion of your army invested in them. They're in some ways similar to Zombies, and Zombies hit well-known diminishing returns after the 6th squad. Both Wildwoods and Zombies are forces you have to shut down, and additional troops often don't change the tide of whether or not they get shut down. It's better to just get something else who helps them in their fight elsewhere.

What about something like 2x Phantoms instead of Q10, to help against range?
Old July 29th, 2022, 10:41 AM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Good write up. It makes sense that Wildwoods would be potentially smoother with a smaller portion of your army invested in them. They're in some ways similar to Zombies, and Zombies hit well-known diminishing returns after the 6th squad. Both Wildwoods and Zombies are forces you have to shut down, and additional troops often don't change the tide of whether or not they get shut down. It's better to just get something else who helps them in their fight elsewhere.

What about something like 2x Phantoms instead of Q10, to help against range?
I really like that. Q10 becomes a bit of an easy target if he's chillin' in the startzone. Too easy for mobile figures to get to him and shoot at him. (which contributed to my loss to the Krav)

If I run this tourney back, I use a different figure(s) to fill that slot. Phantom Knights would be a great addition. I thought I wanted ranged special attacks.. But in reality, the Wildwoods offense is just fine. They just need a counter to their weakness.
Old October 11th, 2022, 08:07 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Having been away from the Heroscapers site for 4-5 years I'm able to now rediscover some of the great custom designs. I really like this Wildwood set of the small, medium and large tree heroes. Great job!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs