Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old December 12th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: Soccer

Thanks WDGrant. As you can probably tell, I don't follow them all that closely any more---I mainly get caught up on the latest when I chat to my step-dad on the phone. Back in the late 80s and first half of the 90s I was pretty keen though and went to a lot of the home games. They had some great players and sides in that era.

In more recent news, after half an hour it's Villa 1, Manchester United 0. Given that we have a famously bad record against United I'm not confident it'll last, but I'm going to go offline now so that I don't suffer the inevitable last minute United goal.
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:39 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really happy, my old hometown team is Champion!

http://goal.com/en-us/news/114/mexic...n-league-title

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

League Cup Final today in England. Manchester United vs. Aston Villa. I'll be following the action here, jealous of my step-dad and brother-in-law who are at Wembley cheering the Villa.

COME ON YOU LIONS!
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:59 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
League Cup Final today in England. Manchester United vs. Aston Villa. I'll be following the action here, jealous of my step-dad and brother-in-law who are at Wembley cheering the Villa.

COME ON YOU LIONS!
So I have always heard of Man. U. Are they like baseball's Yankees?
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Is a Quadradical

I don't really know enough about baseball to make a comparison, but for the last 20-odd years United have been the team to beat.

And... 1-0 to Villa.
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Is a Quadradical

1-1.
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:20 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I don't really know enough about baseball to make a comparison, but for the last 20-odd years United have been the team to beat.

And... 1-0 to Villa.
It's great! You get to hit the ball with a stick, other people have to chase it AND you can watch the other team try their luck for half the game. All that kicking just seems so French... Savate

Go Villa!
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:

COME ON YOU LIONS!
So I have always heard of Man. U. Are they like baseball's Yankees?
Not exactly. They have a good amount of money and they have a ton of good players, but they don't have the most. They are a well run team; their manager Sir Alex Ferguson may retire as the all time greatest manager in Europe. They are very popular around the world though, probably second only to Real Madrid. Man. U has had more recent success than Real though.

I respect them, but root against them as I am a Chelsea fan.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Is a Quadradical

2-1 to United.

Old May 30th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Is a Quadradical

OK, five years on, Villa in another cup final. The FA Cup this time (a bigger deal than the League Cup) against Arsenal. Arsenal are the favourites by some distance (mostly because they're a whole lot better at playing football than we are) but there's always a chance.

After being first choice for the last few seasons, Guzan seems to have fallen out of favour with our new manager and will likely be on the bench.
Old May 30th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Is a Quadradical

Well, that could've gone better.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV