Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 17th, 2021, 12:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Rules Team HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I don't think those are contradictory. Maybe not as explicit as it could be, but I read the first bit as being about DOs that are just on the map - they don't default to being in anyone's army.
I agree with this take, btw.

On the question at hand, my gut is that the VDOs would be in the army of the last player who controlled them? I think this is how it works with other figures that can move between "controlled" and "in an army."

Like if I mind control Doomsday and he dies, then clearly the "you" text still refers to the player who last controlled him. Same with Freddy Krueger if he's on his card or any resurrecting figures.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 17th, 2021, 03:22 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Soundwarp's comment in another thread seems to agree with me.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 17th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you control a figure then it's in your army even if it didn't start that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 17th, 2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
If you control a figure then it's in your army even if it didn't start that way.
Unquestionably. Also not precisely what was in question.

Old November 17th, 2021, 04:02 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If a figure that is in your army becomes uncontrolled, it still stays in your army.

Does that answer your question?

Quote:
Old November 17th, 2021, 04:04 PM

Yes. Is there clear precedent for that in C3G?

Old November 17th, 2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yes. Is there clear precedent for that in C3G?
Besides DOs, the only time a figure becomes uncontrolled is when it comes off the battlefield. There has never been any army switching then.

Quote:
Old November 17th, 2021, 06:23 PM

So FAQ/rules clarifications we should write up here?

When a figure becomes uncontrolled, it stays in the Army of the Player who last controlled it. This includes Vehicle Destructible Objects.

?

Old November 18th, 2021, 02:26 PM

Old November 18th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think your interpretation makes sense.

I did kind of assume we'd work on crafting a more formal structure here before just launching into questions? But maybe having something like the classic board does would be helpful? One big 'Hey everybody! Ask your rules questions here!' thread, and then it's (part of) our job as a rules team to both provide answers and create FAQs based on those answers?
Old November 18th, 2021, 03:06 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Taking control of things naturally includes moving those things into your army and they stay that way until something changes that. Like in classic Mind Shackling a Viking means you also get to place its spirit when he dies and such. Or if you have a permanent mind controller in a Star Lord build, mind taking the wrong dude will turnoff Star Lord's thing for the rest of the game even if that dude dies (unless the other player steals him back somehow).

So yeah, the idea with VDOs on my part was that if you gain control of a VDO it stays in your army if you exit it or whatever since there's nothing telling you not to do that. Though IIRC the 'in your army but not under your control' thing and all that wasnt like a new thing I added anyway.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 18th, 2021, 07:29 PM

So basically:

"Once a figure is under your control, it is considered in your army even if you lose control of it, unless another player takes control of it."

Or, probably, better wording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I did kind of assume we'd work on crafting a more formal structure here before just launching into questions?
I'm all ears. This assumption sounds like something originating with you, so I'm hoping you have some details in terms of how you'd want that to go?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy