Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old November 7th, 2010, 11:16 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Update: How to really save Heroscape: A lesson from hist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
Quote:
PS. If it seems a little blurry it's probably still processing. That will change in a few minutes.

EDIT: Processing is finished. Just waiting for them to change the thumbnail...
As Sgt. Schultz often declared: "I see nothing!"

Is it just me or maybe a different link is needed?
I can see it fine, and it's already up to 30 views. So I'd say it's you. Here's a direct link you can try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7uZ1DMDtaw

You aren't in Germany by any chance? For reasons that I do not understand my videos are blocked there.
It was me...just needed to update Flash to 10. (Doh!)
Glad you got it working. Had me worried there for a minute.

Old November 8th, 2010, 12:23 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

I think I'll glue together a small battlefield and send that instead.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:31 AM

Cigarman has disabled reputation

Quote:

ChardarStudios did a little promotion of your campaign. I made it clear in the description that it wasn't my idea. Let me know if you think there's anything I should add to the description. I can't change the video itself though. Also I'm sorry about the bad thumbnail. I don't really have a lot of control over that. Enjoy.

PS. If it seems a little blurry it's probably still processing. That will change in a few minutes.

EDIT: Processing is finished. Just waiting for them to change the thumbnail...
Love it. Looks awesome to me. Thanks for the support.

Now if we can only get Truth to post a link from the front page, but he hasn't responded to numerous requests to do so. I wonder why.

Cigarman

Join the BRING IT BACK! campaign. We're inundating WotC with hexes! D-Day is 11/16.
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

It's probably wise not to send him "numerous requests". If he didn't respond to the first, he probably has a reason.
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm starting to wonder if this idea may backfire on us.

What if Hasbro is about to sign the papers to sell the Heroscape brand to a really great game company that wants nothing more then to make Heroscape it's baby and treat it like a prince. Then suddenly all these hexes show up and they decide that their is some money in it after all so they back out of the deal. Heroscape then gets treated like a red headed step child by WOTC, since they didn't want it at all but it was forced on to them. Wouldn't Heroscape be better off being sold to someone who would treat it in a way it deserves?

Perhaps we should consider holding off the 'mail in a hex' campaign for a few weeks and see if anything comes out of these reported negotiations for a sale of the brand. Heroscape might just be better off in the hands of a new company. Hasbro has twice now considered dropping it.
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:06 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

That's what I was saying earlier...are you guys really sure you want WotC to keep HS?
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
That's what I was saying earlier...are you guys really sure you want WotC to keep HS?
YES!!! They already know how to make it, and they seem to have ideas on how to continue it. They just need encouragement.
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
It's probably wise not to send him "numerous requests". If he didn't respond to the first, he probably has a reason.
He probably figures it's going to be in W@HS, and he doesn't want to waste his time posting it twice.

Old November 8th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Quote:
YES!!! They already know how to make it, and they seem to have ideas on how to continue it. They just need encouragement.
See, when you say "they just need encouragement", that makes it sound like you weren't happy with how they were doing it. If you succeed in convincing them to bring it back, I doubt they'd change those things.

The OP has an analogy to the TV show "Jericho" and how it was brought back due to a similar campaign. But when Jericho was brought back, some of the actors didn't come back, almost all of the ones that did took massive paycuts, and the show was moved to a different timeslot. All in all, that's a fancy way of saying "costs were significantly cut". My point is that if WotC decided to keep producing it, but made significant cuts to their cost (meaning lower quality and other changes), are you still going to want that?
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

Sending all these hexes to Hasboro seems a bit extreme if you know what I mean
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Quote:
See, when you say "they just need encouragement", that makes it sound like you weren't happy with how they were doing it. If you succeed in convincing them to bring it back, I doubt they'd change those things.

The OP has an analogy to the TV show "Jericho" and how it was brought back due to a similar campaign. But when Jericho was brought back, some of the actors didn't come back, almost all of the ones that did took massive paycuts, and the show was moved to a different timeslot. All in all, that's a fancy way of saying "costs were significantly cut". My point is that if WotC decided to keep producing it, but made significant cuts to their cost (meaning lower quality and other changes), are you still going to want that?

I think If anyone knew if someone was going to buy Heroscape, they would have told us. People have said some are looking into it, but if it was definite someone was making offers to Hasbro or vice versa, I'm guessing truth would have said so in his Death of Heroscape post and not said (I'm paraphrasing here) that it is up to the community.

You do bring up a good point, though. If the general consensus is that WOTC did poorly with Heroscape, why do we want them to take it back?
Old November 8th, 2010, 06:00 PM

The idea is to send them to Hasbro so they will take it away from WotC and either sell it or begin working on it themselves.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News