Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 24th, 2009, 11:40 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Mohican River Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Only the figures that are engaged are 3/3. And if they are engaged with a reaver that's all they can attack anyway. In the other words, reavers still get the job done even if they turn the Tribe into expensive Stingers. Still getting a free turn with Brave Arrow would be good.
I know that part. The ones that aren't engaged (and those that are engaged) will get their concealment bonus.
The ones that are engaged get their 3-Defense even if they are attacked by a ranged attack from another figure which is not adjacent, right?

In other words, they don't have to be engaged with their attacker, right? Any engagement will do?
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Only the figures that are engaged are 3/3. And if they are engaged with a reaver that's all they can attack anyway. In the other words, reavers still get the job done even if they turn the Tribe into expensive Stingers. Still getting a free turn with Brave Arrow would be good.
I know that part. The ones that aren't engaged (and those that are engaged) will get their concealment bonus.
The ones that are engaged get their 3-Defense even if they are attacked by a ranged attack from another figure which is not adjacent, right?

In other words, they don't have to be engaged with their attacker, right? Any engagement will do?
That's the way I read it. It just says they have to be engaged. So I guess they get so infuriated from the annoying Deathreavers that they get extra good at dodging shots from range.
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Yes, basically they are close quarters fighters using tamahawks and knives. they are all grappled in with their opposing figure(s) making it harder to hit them.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Yes, basically they are close quarters fighters using tamahawks and knives. they are all grappled in with their opposing figure(s) making it harder to hit them.
Which means the whole "Rats & Range" combo (or any combo of a melee screen and ranged attackers) is pretty much terrible against these guys. I love them.
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:57 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Although, Mohicans vs. Glads & Blasts could be an interesting match.
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Which means the whole "Rats & Range" combo (or any combo of a melee screen and ranged attackers) is pretty much terrible against these guys. I love them.
Well, I wouldn't say that the rat range combo is terrible, necessarily. The Mohicans just become a 3-attack, 3 defense squad with bonding in that case (similar to the Armoc Vipers), though concealment helps a little. (Maybe a lot when your range is far away.)

Rats/range will always be a powerful combo, I think. It will be interesting, though, to see how these guys do.
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:24 PM

kafkaesque is surprisingly tart

These guys are really nifty, but countering them isn't that hard. If you have some kind of area of effect attack (DW9K, Zelrig, James Murphy, AE, Jorhdawn, and so on), they're not hard to deal with at all, since only the figure being targeted can use Concealment. The other affected figures will go right down.

Zelrig might see a little more play competitively once the MRTs come out. He can take out an entire scout army by himself, pretty much.
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Very true, especially because the Mohicans will almost certainly be outnumbered.
The Mohicans provide several very interesting matchups against popular units.
  • 10th Regiment of Foot - Both the Mohicans and the Foot clan are ranged squads that would much rather fight face-to-face. I have a feeling that this is one of the cases where the Mohicans would rather keep their distance to take advantage of Concealment, avoid Melee Defense and Bayonet Charge, and prevent the foot from WTF'ing.
  • Nakita Agents - Ok, so you don't charge in with the Mohicans because of Engagement Strike, but you don't just sit back and fire because of Smoke Powder... This would be something of a chess match.
  • The Krav - If the MRT have Mittens with them, then they have the same threat range as the Krav (wow), and they each have a hard time hitting each other from range. Love this matchup.
  • Major Q9, Major Q10, and Nilfheim - The big, ranged, multiple special attackers. If the Mohicans survive the first turn worth of their attacks via Concealment, then on the next turn they're engaging the big guys with extra attack and defense... and they're using War Cry to bring Brave Arrow, which means they're throwing down 3 attacks of 4 (Brave Arrow and the two Mohicans on either side of him) and one attack of 3 per turn. That becomes 3 attacks of 5 and one of 4 if they have height advantage. I'd say that's a solid Q9 counter.
  • Zelrig - If Big Z launches Majestic Fires against the center of a clump of 7 Mohicans from maximum range, the center one has a pretty good (40%) chance of getting Concealment and surviving, but all the others around him have -1 defense, no concealment (because they weren't targetted), and pretty much no chance at surviving. Insert token "Last of the Mohicans" joke here.
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:32 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Very true, especially because the Mohicans will almost certainly be outnumbered.
The Mohicans provide several very interesting matchups against popular units.
  • 10th Regiment of Foot - Both the Mohicans and the Foot clan are ranged squads that would much rather fight face-to-face. I have a feeling that this is one of the cases where the Mohicans would rather keep their distance to take advantage of Concealment, avoid Melee Defense and Bayonet Charge, and prevent the foot from WTF'ing.
I think the 10th would want to keep their distance, actually. Engaging gives them +1 attack and defense against the one MHT figure, but gives the Mohicans +1 attack on the engaged 10th, and +2 defense against ALL the 10th, engaged or not. I'd think the Mohicans would want to get engaged quick and then attack with axes and Brave Arrow.

--

Nice point on Zelrig (both posters). I'd be worried about filling a start zone with these guys.

Last edited by fomox; May 24th, 2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Brave arrow... not broken arrow... thanks arp
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
I think the 10th would want to keep their distance, actually. Engaging gives them +1 attack and defense against the one MRT figure, but gives the Mohicans +1 attack on the engaged 10th, and +2 defense against ALL the 10th, engaged or not. I'd think the Mohicans would want to get engaged quick and then attack with axes and Broken Arrow.
...and that's exactly why it's an interesting matchup. Lots of good strategies to work with.
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
I think the 10th would want to keep their distance, actually. Engaging gives them +1 attack and defense against the one MRT figure, but gives the Mohicans +1 attack on the engaged 10th, and +2 defense against ALL the 10th, engaged or not. I'd think the Mohicans would want to get engaged quick and then attack with axes and Broken Arrow.
...and that's exactly why it's an interesting matchup. Lots of good strategies to work with.
Can we just keep the shallow chatter to other threads so the Books don't get clogged with chit chat.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 24th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Unfortunately unless you're playing an exclusively elf army (or general army for that matter), I think these guys really knocked the Aubriens Archers down a few notches in playability.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 24th, 2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Unless of course your a frenzy fiend.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units