Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Wo-Sa-Ga

Wo-Sa-Ga works well if there is a map that is split by water. Also, if there are some ranged units on high ground covering her, like Zetacron, There is a good chance to wipe a unit out.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:26 AM

kriegskeks is surprisingly tart

I have a question about the Coil Crush. It states that if Wo-Sa-Ga inflicts a wound I can roll the D20.
Now I was fighting Microcorp Agents the other day and their special power states that when they receive 1 wound or more, they can ignore that wound if they roll 15 or better.

So how do they combine? Can I still roll to destroy the figure even though they could ignore the wounds? I think yes (although we ruled otherwise), since the Stealth Armor says that the Microcorp Agent does receive wounds.
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

kriegskeks,

When a wound has been ignored, it has not been inflicted - only rolled. So no, there wouldn't be a D20 roll against any squad. Crixus is an interesting special example - his one shield defense would also negate WoSaGa's special power by potentially limiting any number of wounds to a single inflicted wound.

~Aldin, crushingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 18th, 2009, 11:32 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
kriegskeks,

When a wound has been ignored, it has not been inflicted - only rolled. So no, there wouldn't be a D20 roll against any squad. Crixus is an interesting special example - his one shield defense would also negate WoSaGa's special power by potentially limiting any number of wounds to a single inflicted wound.

~Aldin, crushingly
I'll add to Aldin's comment that "wounds ignored" do not count as "wounds inflicted" for any case. For example, if Syvarris had 2 life left, and Wo-Sa-Ga inflicted 2 wounds, but Acolarh saved Syvarris with Leaf of the Home Tree Aura, Wo-Sa-Ga would still not get a D20 roll for Coil Crush. Even though she landed two wounds and they didn't kill Syvarris, the wounds were not "inflicted" because an ability caused them to be "ignored".

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 2nd, 2009, 12:06 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I just had an incredible experience with Wo-Sa-Ga. In one game, she took out Q9 and Raelin by herself, in one hit each. A little better-than-average rolling on my part, and a poorly timed whiff for Q9 ended up with two coil constricted heroes for my enemy.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I just had an incredible experience with Wo-Sa-Ga. In one game, she took out Q9 and Raelin by herself, in one hit each. A little better-than-average rolling on my part, and a poorly timed whiff for Q9 ended up with two coil constricted heroes for my enemy.
I love those moments with Wo-Sa-Ga. If the other army is hero-heavy, Wo-Sa-Ga comes in handy. I could estimate that more than 50% of the time, she gets her points worth against hero-heavy armies. I've played her tens of times over the past 12 months. If fact, I did not play marro armies too much until Wo-Sa-Ga came along. They gave the creeps. She shows how much more the gladiators are worth when inspired, specially Retiarius. Wo-Sa-Ga and Retiarius have the same stats. when inspired and similar killing abilities.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:17 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantT View Post
Doesn't Wo-Sa-Ga get synergy from Su-Bak-Na for her 20d roll?
How can you tell if someone has any synergy? And what is that?
When we refer to synergy, it's a way of noting that one unit benefits specifically from the presence or the abilities of another unit.

In the case of WSG, she has synergy with Su-Bak-Na because of SBN's ability Hive Supremacy, which appears on SBN's card and says: "Any time you roll the d20 for a Marro or Wulsinu army card, you may add 1 to your die roll."

As her Book states, under "Synergy Benefits Received," "As a Marro, WSG may benefit from SBN's Hive Supremacy d20 bonus," meaning that if both are in your army, WSG adds one to every d20 roll until SBN is killed.

I suggest checking out other Books for examples of different types of synergy.
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:19 AM

N-Scaper94 *glass shatters*

Wo-Sa-Ga is awsome, and Im not just saying that.

God loves you and He wants you to be saved today!

If at first you don't succeed, don't go sky diving
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Scaper94 View Post
Wo-Sa-Ga is awsome, and Im not just saying that.
The Rev just spent 6 months cleaning this kind of non-productive drivel out of the Books. Please cease and desist your attempts to reclog them as fast as you can.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 11th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Wo-sa-ga is a great Feral Troll killer. It's easy to get the two wounds on it.

Old January 24th, 2010, 06:24 PM

Unicron is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Ok, I've heard about some personal experiences with Wo-Sa-Ga being effective but my instincts tell me that she's nothing special, and is a figure that should NEVER be drafted for competitive play.

I don't crunch numbers but I know there are some of you who love to. This is a call to any and all number crunchers. If Wo-Sa-Ga's nich is taking out medium and large heroes, then the real question is "Is she better at it than other figures that cost the same or less?"

Who has the better chances of killing Carr within 2 turns, Wo-Sa-Ga or 2 x Stingers (assuming 3 stingers fire on Carr both turns)?

How about Q9? Who is statistically favored to win the encounter (assuming Q9 gets first strike due to range and Wo-Sa-Ga has 2 x nagrubs)?

If other units that cost as much or less are better at taking out medium figures, and if a large character like Q9 is still more likely to come out on top even with 2 x nagrubs, then what we have is a nice looking sculpt that should never be used for competitive play. With nagrubs x 2 you're looking at 195 pts. that don't give you anything that you can't already get for less cost.

Maybe I'm wrong. I guess we need to see the numbers.
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:07 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

I think in a nagrubs build she is effective because she can heal and have 4 attacks a turn(with the grubs), not to mention she has slither. In higher point armies where you can field nagrubs and Tor-kul-na she makes a great late game hero to come in after Tor-kul-na goes down. To me her big selling thing against other heroes her cost would be her ability to be healed with the nagrubs and the bonding.

Dustin

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units