Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 13th, 2007, 02:27 PM

ickleberry has disabled reputation
marros vs. orcs

Marros:
530 pts:
kee-mo-shi (130)
ne-gok-sa (90)
me-burq-sa (50)
marro drones (50)
marro warriors (50)
su-bak-na (160)
530 pts.
Orcs:
Grimnak (120)
Ornak (100pts)
2*Blade Gruts (80)
Arrow Gruts (40)
Swog Rider (25)
Heavy Griuts (70)
Tornak (100)
535 pts.

Who would win?

proud to be a scaper
Old April 14th, 2007, 05:57 AM

squirrelnest has disabled reputation
my $.02 is on the orcs. bonding options, 2 of a common squad, and personal preference.
Old April 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM

yea. that might happen.

proud to be a scaper
Old April 15th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I go with the marro, but it all depends on the rolls and how you play. You got Su-bak-na to take on Chompy, which really helps. But a lot depends on if your how your mind shackle guys do.

I would drop the marro drone ( unless you have 3 squads you are not getting your 50 pts. worth ) and add the Legionares to bond with MBS to lead out with some range and people going for the glyph, if MBS drops they also bond with NGS, so that would be way better, IMO.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old April 15th, 2007, 02:18 PM

i just had a 3 way, orcs for my friend, a random force for my other friend, and me with my marros. i won, but it was close

proud to be a scaper
Old April 15th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Liam_l has disabled reputation
It really depends on the map, with elevation, Marros should have the edge, without elevation, it would be tough for marros to win, but still possible.

The only thing that the orc army is good is their heros, other than that, they are a bit less powerful compare to marros in overall.

Warriors of fate, It's now time to stand up.
Use the sword of lightning to scatter your enemies.
Believe in the future and love that you must protect. To eternity! To eternity!
Old April 17th, 2007, 02:18 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Orcs are by far the best themed army in the game. The bonding is very effective. Chompy is excellent at taking out pesky high defense squads. The warrior enhancement bonuses are the best in the game and make an orc force unstoppable against even some of the most feared figures like Q9.

The marros by comparison have some very cool abilities, but heir armies rarely hold up the way orcs do. Theres no bonding at all and no bonuses (excepts Su's bonus for specials). Also, who in their right mind would take one unit of marro drones?????
Old April 17th, 2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_l
It really depends on the map, with elevation, Marros should have the edge, without elevation, it would be tough for marros to win, but still possible.

The only thing that the orc army is good is their heros, other than that, they are a bit less powerful compare to marros in overall.
Granted, their heroes are necessary, but if you've ever faced a charging Grimnak with 4 adjacent Heavy Gruts (4 attacks of 4 plus Chompy's attack) then you know that even the squads are dangerous.

I've even taken down large figures with mutliple blade gruts. 4-person squads are rare, but the blade gruts are awesome. I also love how the arrow gruts bond with beasts. Moving Mimring and shooting fire 8 hexes out and then still being able to pelt an enemy with arrows is a lot of fun!
Old April 17th, 2007, 03:22 PM

Stoner has disabled reputation
It looks pretty even but if I was to put money on oen I would put it on the cockroaches (the marro) cause they can clone. I ahve won 500 point games with the cockroaches alone cause of that clone. I ahve nor respect for Ne-Gok-Sa though cause we have been playing with him since the beginning and have NEVER mindshackled anyone. But Me-Burq-Sa pwns soul. Though the orcs have a very strong army I just think they would get taken out from range, unless you let chompy get too close but that wouldnt be a problem with se-gok-na or whatever his name is.
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner
It looks pretty even but if I was to put money on oen I would put it on the cockroaches (the marro) cause they can clone. I ahve won 500 point games with the cockroaches alone cause of that clone. I ahve nor respect for Ne-Gok-Sa though cause we have been playing with him since the beginning and have NEVER mindshackled anyone. But Me-Burq-Sa pwns soul. Though the orcs have a very strong army I just think they would get taken out from range, unless you let chompy get too close but that wouldnt be a problem with se-gok-na or whatever his name is.
Chompy's high defense usually at least ties up most ranged attacks long enough to get melee units to the front. Chompy will go down with sustained range or a little luck; however, most ranged units are very low attack units and if it takes more than a round to take Chompy down, it may already be too late.
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:11 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
Stoner,I resent that, but of course you exclude me when you say Utgar is for sissies.Who do you like anyway ?
I think the Orcs would win
forever
Your sign,BTW, was originally that kid taking a pee on gun control not Utgar
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:15 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
I mindshakled DW9K with Ne-Gok-Sa
forever
EDIT:I also shackeled Carr. In another game Dund + Thorogrim.
With Kee-Mo-Shi Drake.
EDIT:I just shackeled Tarn vikings with Ne-Gok-Sa & Kaemon Awa with
Kee-Mo-Shi

BRUNAK is Nerak in the PLATINUM CAVE!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion