Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Should Vydar have become Evil, or stay Good?
Vydar should be Evil. 21 51.22%
Vydar should be Good. 20 48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 27th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Vydar, Evil or Good?

I have seen several custom creators going the way of turning Vydar evil, and was wondering, how many people actually would have liked him to have become evil in the original story line. Personally I think that the only figure that he has ever summoned that could be construed as most probably evil would be Sudema. Otherwise the rest of the figures, to me, seem to be more neutral. Obviously my vote is that Vydar should have continued to be good, but I would love to here other's opinions on the matter. After you vote, please post the reason why you voted for Evil/Good. Thanks .
Old November 27th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Vydar, Evil or Good?

I always just figured Vydar to be neutral, and like a mercenary of sorts. I've played many games where his Blastatrons are teaming up with DW9K and some Zetts, and then others where his Iron Golems have gone well with good guys.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 27th, 2011, 10:15 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I always thought of the Vydar soulborg going against Jandar, and how would a Dragon like Braxis ever be considered good.
Old November 27th, 2011, 11:20 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Definitely Neutral, Braxas might look evil but has a wild personality (chaotic neutral?) The agents follow orders while the blasts & glads follow programming (lawful neutral?) If there was a continuation of the official storyline I don't think Utgar would really need any permanent help from Vydar.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old November 27th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Only three Generals dare to employ the undead.
Utgar, Valkrill, and Vydar.
If not evil then extreme indifference.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; November 27th, 2011 at 11:43 PM. Reason: speaking of evil, one post away from 666
Old November 27th, 2011, 11:57 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I also see Vydar as more Neutral than good or evil. The only unit Vydar called that would be considered evil is Sudema. I`ve done some customs where Sudema betrays Vydar and joins Valkrill.
Old November 28th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Vydar is evil, just not the greater evil. If Utgar weren't about to kick his butt he'd not be getting along with any of the other Valkyrie. Here is my chart marking out the old D&D factions:

Nothing can be True Neutral really.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 28th, 2011, 01:28 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

In the original setting with the 5 classic generals, Jandar was the good one, Ullar was good moving towards nuetral, Einar was nuetral dead in the middle, Vydar was evil but still in the nuetral zone, then came Utgar on the evil side.

Since everyone is basically out for themselves the alaignment can be moved a little one way or the other with Jandar and Utgar being the bases on each end of the spectrum.

After they added Aquilla, and ended classic scape, and started the signs of scapes ending, they moved further onto the d n d stuff adding all the lawfull this and chaotic thats, and of course, Valkrill, who was kind of limited with what they gave him.

Of course as fans started writting stories and then they moved the line to wotc, who tried even harder to muddle up everything so they could add heroscape to the d n d line, Vydar became more and more nuetral than anything.

Although Sudema is an undead, Which always struck me as strange because originally they were writing that each hero and squad came to scape at a moment of thier death or a moment before thier death, but as an undead, she was already past that moment.

Last edited by cavebehr; November 28th, 2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: reread her bio......d'oooh
Old November 28th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebehr View Post
Although Sudema is an undead, she is also an elf, and if I remember right she made a deal to be brought back to unlife. Which always struck me as strange because originally they were writing that each hero and squad came to scape at a moment of thier death or a moment before thier death, but as an undead, she was already past that moment.
Sudema was always undead in her bio and we can guess a gorgon prior to her death and mummification, not an elf. The elves and wolves conspired against her to get rid of her, banishing her from Feylund. Its fairly well documented that the good generals summoned warriors just before their deaths, the evil ones did it whenever they wanted a powerful minion. So far undead are only part of evil armies in Heroscape. Braxas is also just about as evil as dragons get, her bio says she is the stuff of nightmares. Pretty much all Vydar's soulborgs are the meanest as well. Still many of his human forces are more lawful neutral so it could be Vydar is as well, which would make Einar Neutral good but Einar is so military and regimen its hard to see them being half chaotic at all.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:44 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

I've always seen Vydar as the most neutral of all the generals. He is cold and calculating and has no morals to get in his way. He serves whichever side he needs to gain the most of an advantage. From this he has hired fighters who themselves have no morals and simply do what they are ordered to do. I am fairly certain there is a reason that Vydar's color is grey.
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmm, definitely neutral (I wish that was an option in the poll) but evil? I'm not so sure...

It depends on your attitude to his types of units. Some would call most of them naturally evil, some would not. I mean the Krav are obviously the agents from the Matrix series--or they could be the Men in Black, but Agent Carr is either Morpheus or Blade--both of whom have their dark side but are basically good.

Personally I'm on the "dark good guys" view of Vydar, and I think that's what the designers were after.
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

In the Rifts (Palladium) RPG system there are three kinds of evil. You have your standard evil (Utgar), diabolical evil (Valkril), and a third evil, which they call Aberrant. This is an honorable evil. They are out for themselves but still have a code they live by. They can work with groups very well, even with good as long as they have common goals. They can be friends with good and may even put them ahead of their goals at times. However they have no qualms about doing dastardly things to people they do not know. I would qualify Vydar as Aberrant.
The thing about neutral is that it does not give you free reign to do whatever you want. Neutral believes in balance. Neutral will not do evil things to serve its own purpose. Vydar is not looking for balance.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion