Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 25th, 2014, 02:13 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Public Design Post

Okay, I didn't think of Sage and Brainiac 5. Having it when she's targeted would probably be best (like Ronin suggested.) Right now I'm debating between Stealth Dodge, Double Attack, and maybe something like Mercenary Attack Command (Cable moves the Mercenaries around. Maybe instead of taking a turn with Domino, you may attack with two Mercenaries. I'm just throwing out ideas.)

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old January 25th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Don't know the character, but I just looked her up, and how about something like this to represent the way she affects probability to help her:

Probability Manipulation
When attacking a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Domino, you may either choose any or all of the attack dice you rolled or any or all of the defence dice rolled by your opponent to be rerolled. When defending against an attack from a non-adjacent opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Domino, you may either choose any or all of the defence dice you rolled or any or all of the attack dice rolled by your opponent to be rerolled. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for Domino or a figure attacked by Domino's Probability Manipulation, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

I think re-rolls would be a good way to represent affecting probability. Perhaps this, CCE and the Mercenary Attack Command idea Heroscaper Guy suggested would work for her?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oye, that looks like a wall of text.

Fwiw, I'd love her with Stealth Dodge, Double Attack, and one more simple power (like three lines max).

~ Bats, in the mood for elegance.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 25th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Don't know the character, but I just looked her up, and how about something like this to represent the way she affects probability to help her:

Probability Manipulation
When attacking a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Domino, you may either choose any or all of the attack dice you rolled or any or all of the defence dice rolled by your opponent to be rerolled. When defending against an attack from a non-adjacent opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Domino, you may either choose any or all of the defence dice you rolled or any or all of the attack dice rolled by your opponent to be rerolled. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for Domino or a figure attacked by Domino's Probability Manipulation, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

I think re-rolls would be a good way to represent affecting probability. Perhaps this, CCE and the Mercenary Attack Command idea Heroscaper Guy suggested would work for her?
I'm with Bats that this seems a bit wordy. Also, I really don't like CCE for Domino. I'm not all that familiar with the character, but just about every picture of her that I see has her waving a gun around, and I think CCE is kind of a strange way to portray her weapon of choice. Also, though she has a lot of history with Cable and X-Force, I'm not sure Mercenary Attack Command is a good pick; has she ever really been a leader?

I've been meaning to read Cable & Deadpool, and I understand she's in that a fair bit. Maybe I'll give that a perusal and weigh in again. For now though, I might put it at something like this (paring down the Probability Manipulation a bit and splitting the attack functions into another power):

Probability Manipulation 2
If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for Domino or a figure attacked by Domino's normal attack, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

Covering Fire
When Domino attacks a non-adjacent figure that is engaged with another Mercenary you control, you may either add 2 automatic skulls to whatever is rolled or attack that figure one additional time.

Stealth Dodge
Old January 25th, 2014, 06:55 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Probability Manipulation

Yeah, that is way too much text I think. Right now I think the current power set of Stealth Dodge, Double Attack, and the simpler Probability Manipulation works (No offense, LO, but that is a wall of text; personally, I do like powers that I don't have to read three times to get.)

Ronin, she has served as leader when Cable is not around. After thinking about it some more I decided to focus more on her probability (rather than Attack command) by doing powers that manipulate luck and attacks (Stealth Dodge, Double Attack, Probability Manipulation).

my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; January 25th, 2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Added note to Ronin
Old January 25th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Yeah, that is way too much text I think. Right now I think the current power set of Stealth Dodge, Double Attack, and the simpler Probability Manipulation works (No offense, LO, but that is a wall of text; personally, I do like powers that I don't have to read three times to get.)

Ronin, she has served as leader when Cable is not around. After thinking about it some more I decided to focus more on her probability (rather than Attack command) by doing powers that manipulate luck and attacks (Stealth Dodge, Double Attack, Probability Manipulation).
Oh, she has? That's cool, never realized that about her. Glad you've got a direction for her figured out anyway! I think the way you're going the design should end up looking pretty streamlined.
Old January 26th, 2014, 04:19 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Was watching Wolverine & the X-Men tonight and was thinking Domino still needed a card in C3G. So here is a quick take on what her card might look like:

NAME = DOMINO
SECRET IDENTITY = NEENA THURMAN
SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = LUCKY?
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = ?

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Domino attacks with a normal attack, she may attack one additional time.

PROBABILITY FIELD
When Domino rolls attack or defense dice, any blanks may be rolled again. Reroll each die only once. When Domino uses or is targeted by a special power, ability, or glyph within 6 clear sight spaces of Domino that uses a twenty sided die, she may add or subtract 2 to that roll.

STEALTH DODGE
When Domino rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I kept her stats fairly low but then gave her a nice collection of powers. Double ranged 3 attack for her minis two pistols (lots of ways to boost this with support figures). Probability field is her mutant power, essentially giving her good luck when the dice are rolled for her. The stealth dodge power idea is an extension of her mutant power and it came from this explanation I read about her power on wiki:

This subconsciously controlled talent is triggered when she is in a stressful situation (such as fighting or escaping). This effect constantly emanates from her body at all times and is completely subconscious. However, it is also largely participatory—in order for the luck to take effect, Domino herself must engage in an action whose chance she can affect.
For example, if debris falling from the sky was about to hit her in the head, she would still be hurt if she stood still. However, if she tried to avoid it, she would move perfectly to avoid each and every piece about to hit her. In addition, if Domino were to stand before a hail of bullets she would be a bullet-riddled corpse. Instead, she must take action, attempting to avoid the gunfire, and would miraculously bob-and-weave just perfectly to avoid every single shot.

I initially was going to write up more specific bullet dodging power that would be negated when unable to move normally (standing next to Blob, Mr. Fantastic, & Doc Ock), but then I figured I was just over thinking it and it would be easier to just reuse a power we already had.
My 3rd power is a bit longer then Bats asked for but I think it is warranted considering what her mutant power is and if her other 2 powers are going to be generic/simple ones.
Old January 26th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah, I have learned I tend to be happier with more complicated powers/units than most people. I do think it would be cool if her probability manipulating powers took center stage more, clearly showing that that is the theme, and I do think rerolls would be a good way to work it, though. How about this:

Probability Manipulation
After rolling attack or defence dice for Domino against an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Domino, you may re-roll any or all combat dice. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for Domino or a figure attacked by Domino's Probability Manipulation, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

It sacrifices the theme of her being able to get enemy weapons and things to malfunction, but it trims down the complexity a lot. What do you think?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 26th, 2014, 10:37 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Yeah, I have learned I tend to be happier with more complicated powers/units than most people. I do think it would be cool if her probability manipulating powers took center stage more, clearly showing that that is the theme, and I do think rerolls would be a good way to work it, though. How about this:

Probability Manipulation
After rolling attack or defence dice for Domino against an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Domino, you may re-roll any or all combat dice. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for Domino or a figure attacked by Domino's Probability Manipulation, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

It sacrifices the theme of her being able to get enemy weapons and things to malfunction, but it trims down the complexity a lot. What do you think?
Except with yours, she gets to reroll all dice that did not show skulls or shields. By my calculations, that means 3/4 of her attack dice are skulls (3.75 skulls on average from height), and 1/2 of her defense is shields (2.5 on average from height.) Also needed is a clause stating one reroll. I'm thinking of either blanks like Yodaking said (since they are only going to show up 1/6 of the time) or a limit of two dice rerolled like IAmBatman said in a pm to me. I'll think about it more today.

my tradelist
Old January 26th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Hard as ice

I forgot about the restriction to 1 re-roll. Also, restricting it's usefulness is probably a good idea - how about this?

Probability Manipulation
After rolling attack or defence dice for Domino against an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Domino, you may re-roll up to 2 combat dice once. If an opponent rolls the 20-sided die for Domino or a figure attacked by Domino's Probability Manipulation, you may subtract 2 from or add 2 to the roll.

I prefer the restriction of re-rolling no more than 2 to leaving it to blanks because that means it will be used more often without being too powerful.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 26th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With Stealth Dodge, she doesn't need to reroll defense dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 26th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Interesting Black Lantern ideas for sure, guys. I have some of my own that I'm going to discuss in the sanctum. I know it's a bit greedy of me, but I tend to feel more comfortable when the first of a Lantern color is done in the sanctum, with the ability to consider the entire scope of the project a bit better.
Do not despair gentlemen. I would do some playtesting and post your results. You never know.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy