Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:33 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: Parasect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
As is I'm still going to have to vote no. There's just no reason to have a symbol next to an ability other than to confuse people. It still won't modify W/R/I because it's not an attack.
I'd vote yes if:

a) the line about the normal attack being bug-type is removed and a <Bug> symbol is placed next to the attack stat, as is our practice, as far as I know.

b) a line is added stating that poison markers can't be placed on soulborgs, constructs, undead, or steel-type pokemon.

c) the <Poison> symbol is removed from Cross Poison

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:26 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
A) Bug-type normal attack.
Poison symbol in the first line of text for Cross Poison.
A note in the Rulebook stating that Steel-types are not affected by Special Abilities that have a Poison symbol.

D) Bug-type normal attack.
Add a line in Cross Poison:
Poison Status Markers cannot be placed on Soulborgs, Constructs, Undead, or Pokemon that are not effected by Poison-type attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
This "voting" seems to be getting us nowhere. DrAwsm, please pick whichever option you prefer (or a new option of your own design) and post a final draft for us to vote on.
Remember Gastly?
First, I think it's funny that the two of you asked DrAwsm to forget about the vote and just put what he wanted, but then your next posts are about how you won't vote YES to his newest design. Honestly, I'm not upset, I just don't think it helped.

And as for Option A not working because W/R/I only applies to attacks, I'd have to ask why? We're making the rulebook--we can make W/R/I apply to special abilities as well. I honestly don't know why it would be a problem to just put the Symbol. However...

Now for the good news
Everyone likes Parasect's normal attack to be Bug-type.

And so far the vote is:
5 who could accept Option A (2 vehemently opposed)
5 who could accept Option D (including Chardar, who basically made Option D Bug-type).

If we make Parasect's normal attack Bug-type, add Option D, and go back to the previous version of Parasect I think most people will be OK and no one will be vehemently opposed.

Quote:
Parasect v1.6b

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mushroom
Docile
Medium 4

4 Health
5 Move
1 Range
3 Attack (Bug type)
5 Defense

CROSS POISON
If this Parasect inflicts at least one wound with its normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 11 or higher, place a Poison Status Marker on the defending figure.
After a figure with a Poison Status Marker takes a turn it must roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 1-10, nothing happens. On a roll of 11-18, that figure takes one wound. On a roll of 19 or higher, remove the Poison Status Marker. Poison Status Markers may not be placed on Soulborgs, Undead, Constructs, or Pokemon not affected by Poison-type attacks.

MEGA DRAIN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
If this Parasect causes one or two wounds with Mega Drain Special Attack, you may remove 1 wound marker from this card. If this Parasect causes three or more wounds with Mega Drain Special Attack, you may remove 2 wound markers from this card.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM

I like the look of that WK. There's no reason that the rulebook can't state that special abilities of a certain type don't affect pokemon with immunity to that type. If it's OK with DrAwsm, I'd vote yes to that design.

FiddlerJones Customs
Old January 22nd, 2011, 10:53 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
If it's OK with DrAwsm, I'd vote yes to that design.
As would I.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:16 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like it.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I'm fine with it.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:43 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Parasect v1.6b

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mushroom
Docile
Medium 4

4 Health
5 Move
1 Range
3 Attack (Bug type)
5 Defense

CROSS POISON
If this Parasect inflicts at least one wound with its normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 11 or higher, place a Poison Status Marker on the defending figure.
After a figure with a Poison Status Marker takes a turn it must roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 1-10, nothing happens. On a roll of 11-18, that figure takes one wound. On a roll of 19 or higher, remove the Poison Status Marker. Poison Status Markers may not be placed on Soulborgs, Undead, Constructs, or Pokemon not affected by Poison-type attacks.

MEGA DRAIN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
If this Parasect causes one or two wounds with Mega Drain Special Attack, you may remove 1 wound marker from this card. If this Parasect causes three or more wounds with Mega Drain Special Attack, you may remove 2 wound markers from this card.
With most people in agreement for how poison works, I think we're ready to vote on Parasect.

I vote YES to Parasect at 100 points.

An attack of 4 just isn't that much--I'm sure both Scyther and Charmeleon could take out Parasect before Parasect takes them out with Cross Poison or Mega Drain.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:50 PM

Yes/100

FiddlerJones Customs
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:54 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

YEA at 100.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Yes at 100
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:26 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

YES at 100.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Yes for 100 Points.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum