Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 14th, 2019, 07:55 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Demona - Final Editing.

For reference I’m at 6.0 font with a 6.5 (I think) leading. Smallest font I’ve ever had to use on a card.
Old October 14th, 2019, 07:59 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I thought I already rewrote those two powers to trim them a lot... I don't know if it got missed or something. Let me go see... yeah, here they are.

I like keeping the "start of the round" language because it ties the two halves of the powers together, but it's not strictly necessary.

ARCANE PLOT
Once per game, Demona may cast a Unique Spell as if she had the Magical Defense special power. Immediately before that Spell is cast, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. That opponent must move X unrevealed Order Markers onto that Hero's card, where X is the number of Order Markers on this card, to a maximum of 3. While Demona is casting a Spell, whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well, and figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected.

IMMORTAL HATRED
At the start of each round, if an opponent controls a Human, add 2 to your initiative roll for each Order Marker on this card. Before rolling for initiative, if Demona is destroyed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, place her on any empty space within one space of her previous placement and remove all but 3 Wound Markers from this Army Card.
Old October 14th, 2019, 08:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Still don't understand why this is needed for a once per game spell casting power.

While Demona is casting a Spell, whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well,

That would be a nice chunk of text cut right there.
Old October 14th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Also, does Immortal Hatred really need the first clause?
Can we not try to redesign the card when it's been tested?
Really?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 14th, 2019, 08:19 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Still don't understand why this is needed for a once per game spell casting power.

While Demona is casting a Spell, whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well,

I believe that lets Demona inflict multiple wounds on Magical Defense figures with spells. Not sure if there are any other interactions (I was wondering that when putting together the synergies).
Old October 14th, 2019, 08:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I also don't know why we necessarily need that, but that type of language has been standard on our power copying type abilities for a while. Stuff like inflicting multiple wounds and stuff, I don't know, it feels like something could break without it. Maybe @Ronin has more insight? But he may just be going with the flow like the rest of us.
Old October 14th, 2019, 08:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:

I believe that lets Demona inflict multiple wounds on Magical Defense figures with spells. Not sure if there are any other interactions (I was wondering that when putting together the synergies).

The 5 SA spells we have made are all common spells though and her power only allows her to use Unique spells. If we are including all that text just for the possibility that one day we might make a Unique SA spell, then I'd be in favor of just making it a rule going forward that all SA spells can only be common spells.
Old October 14th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

My preference would be to cut the "also I have MD" language, yeah. Think I brought it up earlier in the thread.

The main point of that language is letting SA spells cut through enemies' MD.... Not because that was really key balance wise, but because it gave the non-MD spell casters some pop and let their spells feel a little more like "real magic".

If I had Kristoff to do over again, I could probably be talked into skipping the language there. In a case where we don't even have a relevant spell but just might someday have one, and dropping the language doesn't limit her thematic/mechanically-relevant options in any way... Yeah, easy cut.
Old October 14th, 2019, 09:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Honestly I could just see clarifying in the Spell rules that Spell SAs cut through Magical Defense. It makes sense.
Old October 14th, 2019, 11:22 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I just feel like this design has a lot of trinket text on it's power that are there purely for flavor which have led to the card being wordy. Something probably has to go to make the card easier to read, as I don't feel like any regular Unique Hero should have that much text on it.
Old October 15th, 2019, 04:22 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Also, does Immortal Hatred really need the first clause?
Can we not try to redesign the card when it's been tested?
Really?
Yes, really. I don't want to start removing the things she can do when she's already been finalised - the initiative boost isn't going. I sincerely doubt anyone would be trying to do this were it a Batman design.
I am not changing how the card works this late in the game.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:

The 5 SA spells we have made are all common spells though and her power only allows her to use Unique spells. If we are including all that text just for the possibility that one day we might make a Unique SA spell, then I'd be in favor of just making it a rule going forward that all SA spells can only be common spells.

Massively against this plan - I can definitely see big, splashy magical attacks being unique in the future. That's cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I just feel like this design has a lot of trinket text on it's power that are there purely for flavor which have led to the card being wordy. Something probably has to go to make the card easier to read, as I don't feel like any regular Unique Hero should have that much text on it.
Everything has a purpose, and I'm certain I've seen equal or greater amounts of text before.

If this were a character people knew, there wouldn't be an issue, I swear. I'm just going to let the Gargoyles die now, honestly - I can see where Tornado's struggles with 2000AD came from now.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 15th, 2019, 06:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Apologies. Since you don’t seem to follow context, I’ll abridge my statement:

Really, you don’t know what a clause is?

Really, when someone tries to help, you fabricate ways to attack that help?

Really, you’re still not acting like a Hero?

I’m going to do you the courtesy of unsubscribing from this thread. Apologies for the distraction and best of luck to you.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library