Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old May 21st, 2019, 09:19 PM

Justini Woo who?
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Ok thabks everyone this is very helpful. We just spent most of our evening making 500 point armies last night with just the unique and uncommon cards lol was fun. Looking forward to this.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:50 PM

toothpickman is surprisingly tart

Thanks Lefton4ya I appreciate all the links! I'm glad you're enjoying the reviews, there are a few more in the works.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:51 PM

toothpickman is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Oh, man. That is a great review. I don't know any other game that connects me to my childhood, playing with green army men. And you draw that line. Welcome, @toothpickman !

You discuss customs in your BGG post. You can always expand your collection of units with reference to the C3V/SoV collection, linked in my signature box. Those units have all been designed and tested to fit perfectly alongside your existing official goodies. Welcome aboard, stranger!
Thanks Dad Scaper, I've added some Scifi characters (Dr Who and Star Trek) using Heroscapers customs, will be adding Star Wars as well, and based on some of the custom stuff here I've added Stargate as well.
Thanks!
Old June 2nd, 2019, 04:21 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Where can I find the Gencon 2006 map list?
Old June 2nd, 2019, 10:53 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
I don't believe you will find a map list for 2006.

IIRC, (13 years ago) we used just official maps: Forsaken Waters, Searing Pass, Wolf Swamp Road, etc...

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 2nd, 2019, 11:16 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
I don't believe you will find a map list for 2006.

IIRC, (13 years ago) we used just official maps: Forsaken Waters, Searing Pass, Wolf Swamp Road, etc...
Thanks for the answer.

I made a spreadsheet detailing past Gencon map usage. 2006 was the only year I couldn't find. Since official maps were used it's of little importance that I don't have it.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 11:31 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

This question just came up and I'm not entirely sure how to rule it. Can a figure who has Carry choose to Carry a friendly figure when using the Bracers of Teleportation?

I lean slightly towards yes as the power itself says "..
move the figure..." but I know that you cannot chain Carry so I am questioning it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Karat; June 2nd, 2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 11:52 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don’t believe so, because I think the Bracers of Teleportation are used before and instead of moving. If the Carrying figure ends its Teleport adjacent to a figure, then they can use their normal movement to cardy a figure.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 02:08 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I don’t believe so, because I think the Bracers of Teleportation are used before and instead of moving. If the Carrying figure ends its Teleport adjacent to a figure, then they can use their normal movement to cardy a figure.

I disagree. Reading both effects, I think it can be done.

Carry says "Before moving [carrier], choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to [carrier]. After you move [carrier], place the chosen figure adjacent to [carrier]."

Bracers of Teleportation says "This figure may use these bracers before moving. Instead of moving normally, you may place this figure on any same-level space(s) within 10 spaces of its current location. If this figure is engaged when it starts to teleport, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks." (my italics)

Carry specifies "Before moving", not "Before moving normally". So,since both effects trigger before moving, you get to choose which order to apply them. Choose the Carry effect first, then the Bracers effect. And you just teleported two figures.

What you cannot do is what you suggested: use Bracers and then use Carry with a normal move because Bracers specifically says "instead of moving normally".

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 2nd, 2019, 02:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:

Carry says "Before moving [carrier], choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to [carrier]. After you move [carrier], place the chosen figure adjacent to [carrier]."

Bracers of Teleportation says "This figure may use these bracers before moving. Instead of moving normally, you may place this figure on any same-level space(s) within 10 spaces of its current location. If this figure is engaged when it starts to teleport, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks." (my italics)

Carry specifies "Before moving", not "Before moving normally". So,since both effects trigger before moving, you get to choose which order to apply them. Choose the Carry effect first, then the Bracers effect. And you just teleported two figures.

What you cannot do is what you suggested: use Bracers and then use Carry with a normal move because Bracers specifically says "instead of moving normally".

~Z
The issue I feel is that Carry requires you to -move- the Carrying figure, not place the Carrying figure. Teleporting is not a movement, rather a placement effect.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 05:22 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:

~Z
The issue I feel is that Carry requires you to -move- the Carrying figure, not place the Carrying figure. Teleporting is not a movement, rather a placement effect.
Yep, this. Both RAW and RAI, the Bracers do not let you Carry the figure; you don't move when you use the Bracers, you place.
Old June 2nd, 2019, 06:21 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
In Heroscape, there is no difference between teleportation and space-by-space movements in terms of terminology; both are considered "movements."

There are powers in Heroscape that should specify moving "normally," like Carry, but do not. It is a vague question of whether or not the "normally" is implied. As strictly written, any movement (as defined as the figure changing positions) allows Carry, including the Braces of Teleportation. Probably not intended, but that's a strict reading.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's