Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 19th, 2017, 06:03 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New Heroscape Focused Gaming Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, that looks like one I submitted. The blue lights inside the ice rocks looks really cool. I did notice that the tree/rock combo in the top right corner are not adj. to each other but they are in the bottom left corner. Not sure which way I had it in the file but pretty sure they matched. I only posted the map links up in the contest thread, so that is where it is currently if you wanted to get a closer look at them. If you are having trouble digging them up, I'm sure it is still on my computer. Just let me know and I'll repost it somewhere.
Its a great Map, I foresee us keeping it as one of our main go-tos. If it was asymmetrical for some of the games its because we have a robust gaming group and pets so it must have got knocked over and incorrectly reset by someone since I do remember noticing and fixing that at one point.

I'd recommend trying the LEDs under the glaciers, its cheap and looks even cooler than on video. We also put red ones under the solid rock which looks similarly good.
Old November 25th, 2017, 04:23 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

New video up, unfortunately I made this one before I started adding the armies at the beginning but not a problem for HS veterans. Still considering the alternative options for camera angles etc.

Sorry about the two rules violations Sir HS points out, the player on the left definitely didnt intentionally do it and I was traveling when this was filmed.

Last edited by chaoserver; November 26th, 2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old January 1st, 2018, 01:46 AM

Happy New Years guys. Holidays have been crazy but I promise the channel isn't dead. To the contrary I just dropped another $400 to truly polish common squad numbers off.
Old January 1st, 2018, 12:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

So what is that these days, like 3 squads?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 1st, 2018, 01:41 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey, that could be up to twelve figures. It's totally a fair deal!
Old January 2nd, 2018, 04:04 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

I have subscribed and will review the videos in more detail and provide you any comments I have. On a quick cursory review of the first one not sure exactly how you would edit this in, but it would be nice to add comments on the strategy of certain moves and attacks.
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:17 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I never noticed this thread for some reason...

I've thought about potentially starting a channel for HeroScape on a few different occasions. I enjoy watching the few HeroScape Channels that exist, and I've seen a lot of Sir Heroscape's videos. I must say that I like your layout better, and the panning view of the armies at the beginning looks nicer than Sir HeroScape's. The thing that has bothered me the most about his videos, is not being able to clearly see the whole battle field, and what is happening outside of the currently declared attacks. The camera he records with is always held in his hand, so everything is from his perspective, and the camera can be a bit shaky at times making it hard to see what it's showing me. The advantage that Sir HeroScape's videos have over yours is editing out the time in between moves, and dice rolls. For example a player declares an attack, and his video will jump to the dice rolling, and cut out the part where the players grab their dice, and move to roll them.

What I have wanted to do if I ever start a channel about this, is to have 3 - 5 different cameras, and edit the footage together. One camera would be an overhead view, like what you use. Another would be positioned specifically to see the dice bowl, and maybe the cards/order markers. The other 2 - 3 would be different angles of the battle field, positioned to try and make sure they can see everything that could potentially happen, but at a closer vantage point from the overhead view. I don't own that many cameras, they would be expensive if I wanted to keep the image quality consistent, and the editing would be time consuming. On top of that I have the nasty habit of jumping from project to project, before I ever really finish my current project. I eventually get back to old projects and finish them if they are small enough, but I know myself well enough not to submit large amounts of money into things that I might bail out on at a moments notice.

I have enjoyed the videos of yours that I have watched, and I'll probably keep an eye on your channel.
Old January 25th, 2018, 12:02 PM

What I'll say is there are some basic improvements I'd like to make like lighting etc.

The idea of multiple cameras is great and all, but that is a ton of editing. My plan is to keep things relatively the same on my channel for awhile, then once its taken off, start doing more time consuming things like that.

I have a pretty awesome game filmed that I just need to edit up, looking forward to releasing it. I also look forward to getting more varied Heroscape videos produced as the channel grows. While I tremble at the thought of the editing and video length, multiplayer will be interesting to record. I also plan to do showcase videos as new C3V stuff comes out, and will likely do it with the latest wave. Lastly once we have plenty of traditional content I would at some point feature matches with our playgroups tried and true customs, this will likely first be the soulscape project in my sig whenever its completed.
Old January 25th, 2018, 07:57 PM

And here it is:
Pretty cool game despite me being short on sleep and making a few sloppy plays. I think these dice are better for the camera.
Have some more surprises around the corner too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion