Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 24th, 2017, 02:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I'll add pics later, but I'll do an overview of how the battle went so far.
I got initiative and charged out with my wizard and also brought along two orc archers and my troll thief up onto the altar by my side of the board. I was able to cast a bolt spell that hit one of my brothers dwarven archers. The roll was low enough that his armor blocked it though. My brother in turn moved up some of his guys and returned fire with a bolt spell that didn't do any damage on my infantryman. I ran my apprentice up tried to shoot my brother with another bolt spell and ended up hurting himself 2 wounds. My third archer then put enough wounds on one of his thugs to one shot kill the guy. I rolled a 20 and my brother rolled a 2. I then realized it would be much better to use my leap spell to get my guys around so opted to go for that next.......to be continued. Break is over.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 24th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Glad to hear that you got to play this TREX

There will be plenty of looking into the rulebook to check things here and there at first, and there are things in different locations too, so that doesn't help. But as time goes on, it becomes pretty easy. But there is a player reference sheet that makes things a lot easier from the start.

Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2U...NLSl90TFk/view

Yeah, crazy height is tough in this game for placing treasure. Though, if any part of the castle is within the starting zone of a player, they can place a figure on it as high as allowed by what part of it is in the starting zone. You don't have to start your warband on ground level, just as long as they are within the 6 inches starting zone from their edge of the table. The teleport spell can help too, though you you can only teleport somewhere in LoS. The Leap spell can get a figure moving pretty good. 10 inches measured at an angle onto height can give them a nice boost. Also for stairs, we measure it as if it were a ramp.

As far as getting XP'S for killing creatures or enemy soldiers, nope. Just for what you listed, unless otherwise specified by a scenario. Like for The Worm Hunts scenario, you get 100xp's for killing the Worm.

However, you do get xp's for killing creatures and enemy soldiers when playing with a Captain in your warband. He gets xp's for killing those figures. It's a way to level them up.

I think that if you got xp's for your wizard when your party kills an enemy soldier or a creature, then it would become more of a skirmish miniatures game, and not about getting treasure and using other types of spells that are available. So it makes getting those treasures and successful spell casting the primary point of the game to get xps, but if you can take out the enemy wizard or apprentice, then you get even more xps. But the opponent should try to pose enough threat as well as protect their spell casters to make it not an easy task.

Creatures don't come out that often, unless you happen to roll high a lot.

My buddy Chris is coming over in a little while for us to get a game in.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; June 24th, 2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old June 24th, 2017, 09:54 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Is one each creature enough in most cases? Skeletons and the like, maybe 5 each?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 25th, 2017, 12:11 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

You could always just reroll on the encounter table if its a monster you dont have. Or proxy.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 25th, 2017, 12:34 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
You could always just reroll on the encounter table if its a monster you dont have. Or proxy.
I am considering making standees of all of the wondering monsters. It would be a way to get me in the game faster. I don't like using them but it would allow me to play while slowly building up my collection. I'm just considering it right now and was just wondering how many of each I would need to make.

I still need to make more terrain before Ill be ready to play too.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 25th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Is one each creature enough in most cases? Skeletons and the like, maybe 5 each?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I am considering making standees of all of the wondering monsters. It would be a way to get me in the game faster. I don't like using them but it would allow me to play while slowly building up my collection. I'm just considering it right now and was just wondering how many of each I would need to make.

I still need to make more terrain before Ill be ready to play too.
If you look at the creature table, one of each should be fine for most of them. Though, like you said, you will likely want like 5 skeletons if you want to play The Mausoleum scenario, where you have to start out with 4 on the board and 1 more will come out each round. At least 4 rats, a couple zombies, ghouls, wolves. But you can always proxy with some Heroscape figures for certain things, depending on what you have. In fact, last night when Chris and I were playing, we had 2 sets of 4 rats swarms come out from picking up treasure. He only had 3 real rat figures, so we made up the difference with 5 Deathreavers. It worked out well enough.

The game is meant for people to be able to through whatever figures they have, and have fun. Chris had a headstart with collecting stuff and then when planned to do his first demo of the game for our group a while back for our gaming group, it motivated him to bust his butt and get a bunch painted. But he works nights and his girlfriend is a teacher. So on his nights off, it's nothing for him to start working on his hobby stuff after she goes to bed and he works on it until 4am. He also doesn't have kids, so I have to keep reminding myself that it's unrealistic for me to try to keep up. All I can do is a little bit at a time and slowly build up the collection and proxy what I need. And as TREX said, you can always reroll on the creature table.

Old June 25th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Prickly Cactus

I have a little bit of work ahead of me

Chris brought my order from 4Ground when he came over last night. Some more metal minis to paint, but also a bunch of cool terrain pieces like some of the ones he has, as well as some scatter terrain with the crates.

Edit: Okay, about 40 minutes to get all the pieces off the sprues and sand/file some connection points down for better fit. And this is just for the column set. Now to get to gluing, at least they come with nice instructions. Glad I have a 4 day weekend next week for the 4th.

Last edited by Hahma; June 25th, 2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old June 25th, 2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
If you look at the creature table, one of each should be fine for most of them. Though, like you said, you will likely want like 5 skeletons if you want to play The Mausoleum scenario, where you have to start out with 4 on the board and 1 more will come out each round. At least 4 rats, a couple zombies, ghouls, wolves. But you can always proxy with some Heroscape figures for certain things, depending on what you have. In fact, last night when Chris and I were playing, we had 2 sets of 4 rats swarms come out from picking up treasure. He only had 3 real rat figures, so we made up the difference with 5 Deathreavers. It worked out well enough.

The game is meant for people to be able to through whatever figures they have, and have fun. Chris had a headstart with collecting stuff and then when planned to do his first demo of the game for our group a while back for our gaming group, it motivated him to bust his butt and get a bunch painted. But he works nights and his girlfriend is a teacher. So on his nights off, it's nothing for him to start working on his hobby stuff after she goes to bed and he works on it until 4am. He also doesn't have kids, so I have to keep reminding myself that it's unrealistic for me to try to keep up. All I can do is a little bit at a time and slowly build up the collection and proxy what I need. And as TREX said, you can always reroll on the creature table.
Thanks Haham!

Yeah I have some Heroscape an AoTP figures that I can use for some of the creatures and can fill in with paper I think.

The new terrain looks sweet. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Old June 25th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

It was a late night of gaming and I didn't get to bed until close to midnight, but I still ended up waking up early, so I got started assembling one of the terrain kits. I chose the columns set, as it seemed easiest.

It still took close to 40 minutes to punch out all the pieces and sand some of the sprue connection points. But then assembly was pretty straight forward with some nice instructions, but it still took awhile, as there are a lot of pieces and a lot of steps.

I'm really happy with it, but it may take a couple weekends to finish the other kits, especially the big castle like kit.

Old June 25th, 2017, 02:02 PM

That looks really nice @Hahma .

Are those 1" grids?

Old June 25th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
That looks really nice @Hahma .

Are those 1" grids?
Thanks Keglo!

Yes, they are 1 inch square. I just ran down to the basement and measured.

Old June 25th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Have half of the crates from 4Ground done. There are some other sizes yet to do, but pretty close to these. So there were 6 sheets and 2 crates per sheet. The material for these is pretty thin, so some care needed to be taken, and still will as they are pretty light weight. Though they should be solid enough for normal play and can be used for many genres of games. Oh yeah, these leave your fingertips black from the laser cut edges. Didn't happen with the columns set of more solid material, but did with these.

Edit: Finished building the crates. Have 12 of them, 2 of each size.

Last edited by Hahma; June 26th, 2017 at 08:30 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures