Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 17th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post

I know a guy in Omaha that would play you and not bump ships...
Tell him to come down to Beatrice and I'll have a game waiting for him!
Do you know how old that guy is? He can't be running around Nebraska like a young whipper snapper such as yourself.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

As someone who really likes piloting Interceptors (and A-Wings):

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:20 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Saw that and was like well there's the anti-falcon remedy everyone was wanting.

Old November 27th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I typically fly Rebels over Empire, but here lately, I've been having lots of fun putting together Imperial lists and flying them. One of the things I really want to try is this:

Lambda-Class Shuttle (schmatty pilot)
with Enhanced Scopes and Anti-Pursuit Lasers

Basically, the shuttle moves first every round, and (hopefully) moves into the path of the opponent's ship and the APLs fire off. As well, by the opponent crashing into me, they are denied any actions. 10 life should take a bit to chew through, so it should be somewhat effective. However, so that my opponent won't focus all their attention (if any, lol) on the shuttle, I will entice them with some more targets. This is the full list I hope to play at our next game day:

Omnicron Group Pilot (Shuttle)
w/ Enhanced Scopes & Anti-Pursuit Lasers

Sigma Squadron Pilot (TIE Phantom)
w/ Cloaking Device & Rebel Captive

Academy Pilot (TIE Fighter)

Academy Pilot (TIE Fighter)

"Howlrunner" (TIE Fighter)
w/ Decoy

Basically, it's a three-pronged attack that I hope confuses the oppoent. Do you attack the shuttle that keeps crashing into you and denying you actions? Or do you go for the meaty Phantom that stresses you with the Rebel Captive aboard? Or the mini-TIE swarm with Howlrunner at the helm? Don't know how it'll play out, but it should be fun!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; November 27th, 2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Not sure if Decoy is the best choice for the final 2 points, but hey, why not?
Old November 27th, 2014, 01:12 PM

The shuttle is by far my favorite ship. I like your approach with it. Ive used it like that for a bit of success. My favorite shuttle build is the omni group pilot with engine upgrade and advanced sensors.

Old November 28th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

As much as I enjoy X-Wing, I may be selling off my stuff. When it first game out a bunch of us in my group bought into it. I got 2 base sets, 1 extra X-Wing, 1 extra Tie, 1 Y-Wing and 1 Tie Advanced. But then when I'd play with some of the guys in the group, one guy had tons of stuff and we just ended up using his because there was enough, even with 8 player games and didn't want to confuse who's ships were who's.

So a couple of the guys have also bought all the stuff that has come out since and I hadn't because why bother since I would be playing with the other guys' minis when we did get together. I don't do tourneys, so after looking at this stuff on my shelf for a while now, I may try to sell it all.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 28th, 2014, 01:40 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In case you haven't seen it yet the new Star Wars trailer is out.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old November 28th, 2014, 11:36 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

That trailer is beautiful.

@rym : I would definitely play Swarm Tactics over Decoy. You want to be in Range 1 for "Howlrunner's" ability anyway, so you get the same effect without lowering Howl's own PS.

There's an annoying YT-1300 build with 3 of them each with Intelligence Agent, Navigator, and Anti-Pursuit Lasers. Try to park them in front of everything for free damage, still have shots with Turrets, and move first and get actions thanks to PS1 and 99 points for initiative.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 29th, 2014, 11:12 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

I just wanted to share from photos from my annual BGG.CON X-Wing Epic game. It was another 10 player game with 500 points to a side. And again, the Empire scored a strong victory. This time, it seems to be due to the poor performance of the Corvette. However, it was a great time and X-wing continues to be a great game for large scale events like this.

20141121_133913 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

20141121_135423 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

20141121_141724 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

20141121_154201 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old December 1st, 2014, 12:48 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's awesome Dignan. I almost had a ticket this year at the last moment, but arrgh, my buddy bailed on selling it to me.

I plan on attending next year and hope to see you there and get a chance to be a part of the Epicness.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:17 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Made the mistake of bringing a 2 named Interceptor and generic Lambda build to a game day last night. Forgot everyone had turrets because of wave 5 >_<. The outrider YT 2400 HLC with barrel roll is ludicrous because you're then immune to being range 1 c blocked. Looks like I'm going back to flying TIE swarms.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 3rd, 2014, 07:59 PM

The Team Covenant Open winner was able to keep his two higher-skill pilots in the "donut hole" and beat an HLC Dash.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures