Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old April 16th, 2010, 05:33 PM

bugging_bear is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
D&D senarios for 3-4 players ... help please!

Any ideas for senarios for delve-style senarios for more than two players?

Or how can I adapt the official senarios for more than 2 players?

I own all three master sets (terrain and minis), plus loads from D&D wave 1, various from previous waves and a ton of DDM figs.

One idea is to use some spiders I have as arachnids to use with one of the unique Drow (enemy to delvers). I can also make multiple Drow squads for the other unique Drow.

Has anyone used the uniques with a small squad or uncommon hero as "henchmen"?
Old April 27th, 2010, 02:03 AM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: D&D senarios for 3-4 players ... help please!

Hmm, I can't see how 3 or 4 players can play (assuming 'delve-style' means campaign of connected scenarios, correct me if I'm wrong) like so. Usually they have 1 attacker and 1 defender (heroes attacker while drow defender in BftU). It is possible with teams and each player starts in different area (reinforcements maybe).

PS: Have fun in Heroscapers.
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

First of all, to comment, nice avatar, Zexion (I love Kingdom Hearts).

Hmm... 3-4 player heroscape D&D campaign... The obvious choice that I myself have used is for two or three players to be one the heroes' team (that way they can make decisions together, for a more realistic party of adventurers dungeon crawl (i.e. Should we get that face-down treasure glyph? No. Well, if your figure isn't going to take a necessary risk, mine will.)

In the meantime, what you could do is have two parties of adventurers trying to get a certain treasure within a certain amount of time, with the DM providing puzzles and enemies. Should neither party get the treasure within the time limit or destroy each other trying to obtain it, the DM wins, eh ?

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 9th, 2010, 12:13 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Currently tweaking a scenario Chas, Taeblewalker, History Dude, and I played on Wednsday night [see my most recent blog entry, and a thread in Maps & Scenarios called "Simple Multiplayer Scenario Question"]. Basically, there are three teams of adventurers [x points apiece], and a fourth Dungeon Master team [y points]. The Dungeon Master's army is pre-positioned on two maps (the Hill and the Dungeon), which are linked by gates. Within the Dungeon are two Special Treasure glyphs. The object for an adventurer is to capture a glyph and return it to his start zone, and, of course, it is the DM's job to stop any team from doing this. Note that there are three players and two glyphs . . .

The tweaking is in the details. Tentatively, the DM's forces are arbitrarily split [50/50?] between the Hill and the Dungeon. The terrain will heavily favor the DM. In addition to the aforementioned glyphs, there will be a +1 Defense Treasure glyph within the DM's kill zone on the Hill, and a similarly placed +1 Attack Treasure glyph within the Dungeon. If the scenario is successful, there will be a balance between the adventurers' need to capture a Special Treasure glyph and carry it (no flying) back to their start zones, their desire to capture the other Treasure glyphs, and their need to ally with at least one of the other adventurers to pierce the DM's defenses.
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:27 PM

Malaki is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I am running into this same problem. I just introduced Heroscape to four of my old gaming buddies at our last 'almost monthly gaming reunion'. I just threw together a large minimalist map and let the four of them go at it while I refereed. It gave them the feel for the rules, so now I want to do something more complex. Having multiple players against one gamemaster seems a bit unbalanced due to the OM problem.

Being the gamemaster, I am toying with the idea of having two separate armies under my control, so that the OMs do not overlap, but still gives me an extra option per round to their four.

The premise is that the players are going on an orc hunt. (whether this will be a two on two or every man for himself I haven't decided yet). They will gain points for the amount of orcs they kill. The player (or team) with the most will be the winner.

I still have a few weeks to flesh out this idea, but hopefully it will work out.
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:44 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki View Post
I am running into this same problem. I just introduced Heroscape to four of my old gaming buddies at our last 'almost monthly gaming reunion'. I just threw together a large minimalist map and let the four of them go at it while I refereed. It gave them the feel for the rules, so now I want to do something more complex. Having multiple players against one gamemaster seems a bit unbalanced due to the OM problem.

Being the gamemaster, I am toying with the idea of having two separate armies under my control, so that the OMs do not overlap, but still gives me an extra option per round to their four.

The premise is that the players are going on an orc hunt. (whether this will be a two on two or every man for himself I haven't decided yet). They will gain points for the amount of orcs they kill. The player (or team) with the most will be the winner.

I still have a few weeks to flesh out this idea, but hopefully it will work out.
Fleshed out the details. [See my latest blog entry.] Basically, DM army
1,000 points, half on Hill, half in Dungeon, in ridiculously advantageous positions, versus 3 teams of 500 points. If you do this, I'd suggest 1,000 points for you and 400 apiece for your buddies. The idea is that your terrain advantages and the inherent competition among the teams will balance their combined OM advantage. I'd also consider a time limit.
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:57 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Another consideration is to limit the adventuring parties to uniques, while the DM can use multiple squads of commons allowing them to take advantage of multiple attacks per order marker, flexable order marker use, and bonding. This combined with greater point values and terrain advanatages should allow you to balance things out given a little practice and playtesting.
You could limit the adventuring party to unique heroes only to further limit their order marker use, or expand it to allow any army card but limited to one cards worth of each, effectively making commons into uniques for the adventurers.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Another consideration is to limit the adventuring parties to uniques, while the DM can use multiple squads of commons allowing them to take advantage of multiple attacks per order marker, flexable order marker use, and bonding. This combined with greater point values and terrain advanatages should allow you to balance things out given a little practice and playtesting.
You could limit the adventuring party to unique heroes only to further limit their order marker use, or expand it to allow any army card but limited to one cards worth of each, effectively making commons into uniques for the adventurers.
Good thinking. I wouldn't go so far as to allow any squads (even unique ones) for the adventurers, if their use requires a special card limitation.
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:12 AM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

I played with 4 new people making up the adventuring party and myself running the bad guys and for lack of a better idea set it up like this:

Each of the four players got 200 points and was limited to unique heroes and squads (I counted the elf archers as unique because I only have 1 squad of them). They also got 3 order markers (1, 2, X) each.

Given that the players were going to be fielding 800 points with 8 activations, the map had three different sections which each had 700-800 points and I used the regular set of order markers (1, 2, 3, X). I tried to play it more like a DM than a regular heroscape game (I didn't take any cards with auto-destroy type powers like Braxas and Grimnak, and I tried not to focus my attacks on any one player too much). It was pretty fun, but if they had been more experienced players, I would have had balance it a lot more against the players. They were fighting uphill most of the time, but their team had a lot of firepower and blasted through two of the areas without much trouble. 800 points of orc bonding goodness gave them some problems however. Krug was my MVP.

I was surprised at how well they picked their troops.
Player 1: Tagawa&Raelin
Player 2: Solen&Theracus
Player 3: Kaemon&Kelda
Player 4: Cyprien&Sonya

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios