Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 6th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sports: NFL

Ew. Now the news has come out that JuJu's suspension is upheld while Iloka's has been removed. I don't understand that at all.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old December 6th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
Ew. Now the news has come out that JuJu's suspension is upheld while Iloka's has been removed. I don't understand that at all.
I just watched the Iloka hit. It was a good call on the field but I think a suspension for that was a little harsh. Iloka's only option there, as a player, is to try to dislodge the ball. It looks to me like he was trying to do that with a hard hit, but he crossed the line into an illegal hit. He didn't gloat like JuJu did, and it wasn't away from the ball like JuJu's hit, either.

He was fined. Which I think is the right response there. Heck, even Steelers' safety Mike Mitchell said he thought the suspension of the Bengals' Iloka was excessive.

edit: https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-safety-george-iloka-suspension-overturned-appeal-171841169.html

edit 2: Along with the Dolphins, these are the three dirtiest teams in the league, IMHO.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 6th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
I just watched the Iloka hit. It was a good call on the field but I think a suspension for that was a little harsh. Iloka's only option there, as a player, is to try to dislodge the ball. It looks to me like he was trying to do that with a hard hit, but he crossed the line into an illegal hit. He didn't gloat like JuJu did, and it wasn't away from the ball like JuJu's hit, either.

He was fined. Which I think is the right response there. Heck, even Steelers' safety Mike Mitchell said he thought the suspension of the Bengals' Iloka was excessive.

edit: https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-safety-george-iloka-suspension-overturned-appeal-171841169.html

edit 2: Along with the Dolphins, these are the three dirtiest teams in the league, IMHO.
A suspension for taunting seems absurd to me.

And yeah, Mitchell is one of the dirtiest players in league for sure.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old December 6th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Correct! Which means Mitchell's defense of Iloka's hit doesn't carry much weight. Dirty players will speak up in defense of other dirty players, when it comes to discipline. But in this case it is the member of one team speaking up in defense of the member of the other, so I mentioned it.

The suspension of JuJu wasn't for taunting. Don't misunderstand me. It was for a (1) dangerous, (2) illegal hit, that (3) was needless in that it was (4) avoidable and (5) away from the play. The taunting afterward also demonstrates (6) lack of remorse and (7) premeditation. Those peel-back blocks are especially dangerous in that they are routinely dangerous, needless, and away from the play. Like I wrote above, those types of hits are why Hines Ward was repeatedly selected by other players as the dirtiest player in the league.

edit: I keep calling them peel back blocks but that's a different thing. The blocking I was thinking of is "blindside" blocking, which is blocking from the blind side of a player that targets the head or neck with the blocker's head, shoulder, or arms. It used to be just an illegal blindside block, until it was expanded with the "Hines Ward Rule" to capture some more dirty play, such as when Ward broke the jaw of Cincinnati rookie linebacker Keith Rivers, who at the time was a rising star in the league.
Spoiler Alert!

= =
Old December 6th, 2017, 03:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I disagree with (5) and (7) above.

But that could be me being a homer.
Old December 6th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I disagree with (5) and (7) above.

But that could be me being a homer.
If I'm trying to determine if it was premeditated, the taunting is *evidence*. It's not overwhelming evidence, but it matters. It makes me think it might have been. As far as the needlessness of the block goes, I'd misremembered. You are right. It was in the play.

Curiously, now that I watch the replay, the announcer also called it a "peelback" block. So I was right about that, or at least one announcer thinks I was right about that.

We can quibble about 5 and I'll grant you 7, but you still have a problem with 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6, taken together.

= =
Old December 6th, 2017, 06:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Old December 6th, 2017, 11:46 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That was an interesting video but I gotta ask - what is the point?

The 90.7 he goes on about, well the year before it was 78.5 and Blaine Gabberts was 86.2. Pointing out how bad the 49’ers defense is doesn’t cover the fact that they were 27th in points for out of 32 in 2016 and a bottom of the barrel 32 of 32 in 2015 when Kapernick managed to score a whopping 6 td’s in 8 games with 5 interceptions.

It’s not like he was tearing it up on the field. Just saying.

- Raider30
Old December 7th, 2017, 01:11 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Did I understand correctly from the video that, in his last season with the 49ers, he went 1-10 as the starter?

= =
Old December 7th, 2017, 07:56 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Did I understand correctly from the video that, in his last season with the 49ers, he went 1-10 as the starter?
Yes, 1-10, but it’s the defense’s fault. Never mind that they only scored more than 28 points one time (they won that game).

He was also 2-6 in 8 games as a starter in 2015, with a rating of 78.5, which was again worse than Blaine Gabbert who was at 86.2 and went 3-5 as a starter.

You have to go back to 2013 to find a year when Kaepernick had an above .500 season. And even when their defense was top 3 in the league in 2012 and 2013 their offense never cracked the top 10.

- Raider30
Old December 7th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I’ve always thought the most meaningful stat for quarterbacks is “wins.” I am aware that it makes me look like a simpleton to some.

= =
Old December 7th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Second Highest Poster

Colin Kaepernick is a middle-of-the-pack QB. He'd do better as a starter than the QB that several teams are starting. But it just isn't worth the media circus it would bring.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV