Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 14th, 2015, 12:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Asterios

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
He's not from the myth, the maze he's in is on feylund.
But the bio references Theseus the GREEK hero who killed it. Was Theseus a soldier summoned to Valhalla and spread the story when he got back to Earth. Or am I just way over thinking this? Probably the latter.
First, that's not necessarily the official bio. Second, Feylund is home to legendary adaptations of mythological creatures (Sudema being the prime example).
Old April 14th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
But the bio references Theseus the GREEK hero who killed it. Was Theseus a soldier summoned to Valhalla and spread the story when he got back to Earth. Or am I just way over thinking this? Probably the latter.
It's magic.
Spoiler Alert!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 14th, 2015, 01:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

@Dad_Scaper +all the rep.
Old April 14th, 2015, 01:10 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Quote:
First, that's not necessarily the official bio. Second, Feylund is home to legendary adaptations of mythological creatures (Sudema being the prime example).
I have no problem with mythological creatures being from Feylund. I'm just trying to figure out how a monster from Feylund inspired a myth on Earth.

And in case anyone is wondering I'm not taking this too seriously. I'm just having some fun speculating about magical beings from fictional universes.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 14th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That post is never far from my mind, SF. Thank you for perceiving its wisdom.

No worries, McHotcakes. That post from GB followed a more serious debate than your question about Asterios's background. But Heroscape is a game, and not a simulation or a narrative, so there will often be inadequate answers to questions like yours. Which you already knew, I think, but I responded anyway.

= =
Old April 14th, 2015, 01:27 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
That post is never far from my mind, SF. Thank you for perceiving its wisdom.

No worries, McHotcakes. That post from GB followed a more serious debate than your question about Asterios's background. But Heroscape is a game, and not a simulation or a narrative, so there will often be inadequate answers to questions like yours. Which you already knew, I think, but I responded anyway.
I knew there probably wasn't a serious answer to my question. I was just curious if anyone had a theory.

It's like asking what happens to Optimus Prime's trailer when he transforms, or when does Batman find time to sleep? Obviously there is no real answer but its still fun to speculate.

That's what my original question was meant to do. I had no intention of bringing down the unit or anything, and I'm sorry if anyone took it that way.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 15th, 2015, 06:20 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, as the main author of Asterios' bio, this is what I can tell you :

Originally, Asterios was from Earth, at the time I wrote the bio (at that time, Asterios also had a power allowing to loot his horns ornaments once he died, hence the reference in the bio). The lore of Heroscape made us originates him from Feylund, and the sake of design simplicity made us drop the looting power.
The bio stayed like it was. We liked it this way.

Also, if a mythical being from Feylund can inspire Earth's myths (like Sudema, Asterios, ...), how can one be sure that Theseus is really a greek hero ? Perhaps he was from Feylund too, but was adopted by greeks that made him one of them when the myth arised on Earth. It is good for one's pride if the heroes have the same nationnality, right ? In the same way, we know for sure that Asterios is from Feylund (who with a sane mind would believe such a creature really existed on Earth, right ?), but the myth says that the minotaur is the (step-)son of Minos, King of Crete. Doesn't that prove that the myth is a distorded view of the reality ?

Does this argument convince you ?
Old April 15th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

One of my observations when people discuss History in games, movies and TV shows is the confusion with "actual" earth history and "fictional" earth history. There is nothing to say that there is a Theseus in fictional heroscape history. For example we know that Spartacus did not vanish from actual history to fight in some alien war.

Keep your histories (real and fictional) seperate and you will not have any issues.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 15th, 2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
For example we know that Spartacus did not vanish from actual history to fight in some alien war.
Actually his death was never confirmed. For all we know he could have been recruited in an inter dimensional war.

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 17th, 2015, 03:27 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
So someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first special attack you can activate and not actually attack.
I wouldn't put it like that. I believe you're perfectly free to "activate" an SA and not attack. It's just that typically that would have no effect. With this one, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old April 26th, 2015, 01:41 AM

redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker

Anyone else having issues getting the .pdf of the card to open? I get this message:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error
Old April 26th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm phone-posting at the moment but check to see if the print link has the following string at the end: "&act=down." If so, delete it and try again.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs