Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 19th, 2020, 01:03 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
The Book of Shadow Hound

The Book of Shadow Hound
Looming Shadows

Basic Side Army Card
Spoiler Alert!

PDF download for printing.

The figure used for this unit is Shadow Hound figure from Reaper Miniatures.

This figure requires large single-spaced base.

Biography : TBA...
Quote:
SHADOW HUNTING
Before moving a Shadow Hound, you may choose an opponent's non-adjacent figure. Add 1 to the Shadow Hound's Move and Attack values for each friendly Shadow figure adjacent to the chosen figure to a maximum of +2 for each. To use Shadow Hunting, the Shadow Hound must be able to end its move adjacent to the chosen figure and may not attack any other figure this turn.

PHANTOM WALK
A Shadow Hound can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Synergy Benefits Offered:
XUNDAR: Shadow Cast Special Attack
As a Shadow figure, the Shadow Hound may assist Xundar by providing potentially 1 additional attack die for his Shadow Cast Special Attack.

Synergy Benefits Received:
XUNDAR: Master of Shadows
As a Shadow figure, the Shadow Hound may benefit from Xundar's Master of Shadows ability to take a turn.

ARKTOS: Hunter Attack Enhancement
As a Hunter, the Shadow Hound may benefit from Arktos' Hunter Attack Enhancement.
Synergy Imposed / Other:

Power Ranking and Master Index

Unit Strategy Review

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sherman Davies; January 23rd, 2023 at 05:36 AM. Reason: added basing info
Old October 20th, 2020, 09:20 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Shadow Hound

I just got mine in the mail and they were bigger than I expected. Are they intended to go on the large single base? And/or do you cut off the existing base?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; November 13th, 2020 at 02:46 PM.
Old October 20th, 2020, 11:38 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Yes they fit on large single and yes cut off the existing base

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 22nd, 2023, 04:37 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As per the conversation above, since the Shadow Hound requires a large single-spaced base, would it be possible to update the OP with this information?

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old January 23rd, 2023, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
As per the conversation above, since the Shadow Hound requires a large single-spaced base, would it be possible to update the OP with this information?
done

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 23rd, 2023, 12:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I mean, you can put them on a large single, but I remember making sure during the review process that you can place them on a normal single.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 05:11 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I mean, you can put them on a large single, but I remember making sure during the review process that you can place them on a normal single.
This made me curious, so I decided to do some sleuthing. When Sir Heroscape initially submitted the Shadows to the Soldiers of Valhalla, he posted comparison photos of Xundar, the Shadow Fiend, Shadow Binder, Shadow Hound, and Shadow Wraith. You can find them in Post #6048 in the SoV Discussion Thread, but the relevant one, pictured below, shows he based the Shadow Hound on a large D&D-style base, in line with the conversation above between him and Vydar_XLIII:

These initial comparison photos seem to show that Sir Heroscape intended the Shadow Hound to fit on a large single-hex base (feel free to correct me if I'm mischaracterizing you, Sir Heroscape). However, Online Heroscape uses actual top-down photos of Heroscape figures, and this obviously includes the Shadow Hound. I can't provide a photo (though I can provide a link to the folder in question), but the top-down picture used for OHS has the Shadow Hound on what appears to be a normal-sized single-hex base. This suggests that it is indeed possible (albeit seemingly awkward) to fit the Shadow Hound on a normal-sized single-spaced base.

So I'll leave it to Sir Heroscape to decide what he wants to do with the OP. The Shadow Hound appears to fit best on the large D&D single-hex, but if it is indeed possible to fit the Shadow Hound on a regular-sized base as the OHS topdown suggests, it would be incorrect to state (as I recommended) that the Shadow Hound "requires" a large single-spaced base, for which I apologize. In this case, you could probably get away with saying the Shadow Hound fits on a single-spaced base without specifying a size (though finding a picture of a Shadow Hound on at least the regular Heroscape base might prove useful to anyone trying to base the figure). Whatever Sir Heroscape elects to do, I apologize for whatever confusion I might have caused.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old January 23rd, 2023, 05:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I believe somewhat strongly that small and medium figures should not go on a large base. But VC players aren't strict on basing in general, lots of people (me included) use HeroClix bases and D&D bases fairly often.

As far as OHS goes, those pictures are created by me and are often digitally manipulated since the photos I gather have all kinds of different bases and I like standardization. So that picture isn't a single photo, it's a couple photos stitched together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs