Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 24th, 2010, 05:26 PM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!
Master Tang's Customs

Here is a few customs I made. Christmas Themed: Tell me what you think of them and how I should tweek them. Enjoy. ( I will add pictures and target zones after I decide on the final stats)
Note: Instead of Jandar it's supposed to say "North Pole"

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Last edited by Master Tang; January 27th, 2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Added more cards.
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Master Tang's Customs

Hey Tang, great to see someone else from my gaming group here on the boards.

Quote:
"Second place is just the first loser." -Old Man
You got that quote from me. You could have at least addressed me as something other than Old Man

YETIS
Is it a squad or a single model. I'm guessing a squad, but that information was not included.

MR's CLAUS
A healer who boosts attack and damage and is pretty much immune to ranged damage ? That pretty much makes her superior to any other healer in the game.

SANTA
Santa is flat out better than Cyprien and for like 10 points more ?
The Checking His List Instant Death Ability seems completely innaporpriate for Santa, aside from the name of course.
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:20 PM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Yea I forgot about that Yeti thing. The yeti are a squad of 3. I was using the Quasatch Hunters as a base point for them.

Mrs. Santa is the best healer but she also costs more. the Jandar Healer Kelda has better movement (6 movement plus fly) and life (1 point more) than Mrs. Claus, but Mrs. Clause costs 70 points more. So Mrs. Claus is paying 70+ points for the AOE stat boost power and for the Ranged Dodge.

Maybe I should change Santa's Checking His List power, but for the time being I will leave him as is. I don't think he is too much better than Cyprien besides the Checking His List vs Chilling Touch thing. he has more attack but Cyprien has more movement plus Life Drain. I thought the power was partially appropriate because it's Santa passing his judgement on evil-doers.

Update: Added Snow Soldiers and Santa's Reindeer. Also fixed Yeti misunderstanding.

Last edited by Master Tang; January 24th, 2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:58 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Before anyone accuses me of being overly critical, please bear in mind that I'm the punching bag he's going to want to try and playtest these on.

I think the Artic Agility on BOTH the snowmen and Yeti is excessive. You don't even have it tied to being on snow tiles. Thematically, I wouldn't have an issue with it for the snowmen while on snow tiles, as they could absorb additional body mass from their surroundings. I think it's a bit much for the Yeti, they are melee killing machines with uber melee defense.

Your designing you Santa Wars faction like Isaque designed his X-men that you and Dana hated soo much. With their overlapping abilities they are just munchkined out.

Santa give squads activations
Snowmen give Santa Activations
Santa kills people in base to base on 16-20
The reindeer do 5 dice damage and are meat shields for santa.
If Santa were to take a wound, after all the reindeer are dead, MRs Claus is there to heal him.
The Yeti are attacking 3 people around in melee, who aren't going to hurt them.
The snowmen are dead tough on top of everythign else.

I activate the snowmen, who activate santa, who activate the reigndeer..... 9 Uber Units activated with 3 order markers.

It's cute when the marro do it, because they are all cannon fodder. Everyone in you army is an Elite that perfectly synergizes with the other models.
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:20 PM

Remote Synergy! (LIKE A BOSS)
Alright maybe I will take away the group activation thing and only have santa have it.
I'll take arctic agility away from one of those groups. Also the reason why I didn't tie it to snow is because I don't know anyone with a lot of snow tiles and we usually play on large maps so for the most part they would have useless powers unless I hide on a part of the board and get mowed down by ranged characters.
The bodyguard ability on the Reindeer may go and I think I originally intended them to be unique so I need to change that too. Also that 5 dice isn't too ridiculous. it's the same ability that the Templar Calvalry has.
Yeti can afford to lose the arctic agility. Without the arctic agility they won't bee too overpowered and they would just be the snow version of the quasquatch hunters, but that's okay with me.

And they are no where near Isaque's ridiculous guys, Isaque would have made the reindeer shoot mind blast that do 3 dice of unblockable damage. And he made it so all of his x-men fit a specific point cost. I am making these as they come to me.

I will fix the cards and posts the update tomorrow.

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:09 PM

Just out of curiosity, what miniatures were you planning on using for these ?
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM

I was thinking about buying some quasatch and painting them to look like yeti but I don't know about anything else. I was mostly making these so other people could have christmas customs to play with.

Old January 25th, 2010, 05:20 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

I'll probably comment on the actual customs later, but wouldn't buying Quasatch hunters and painting them like Yetis just make them exactly like the Dzu-Teh?

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 25th, 2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
I'll probably comment on the actual customs later, but wouldn't buying Quasatch hunters and painting them like Yetis just make them exactly like the Dzu-Teh?
Yes they would. I didn't even know the Dzu-Teh existed because no one in my group has the ice/glacier pack. Now I may just find minatures online that are comparable to yeti or maybe I will just go buy some Dzu-Teh, but yes that would mean my Yeti would look just like the Dzu-Teh until I can find something else suitable.

Old January 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

Santa Claus is WAY underpriced. He can instant kill like Grimak (about a 40 points) and has bonding as a hero (Kato)(100 points) AND Stealth Flying (50 points) .... puts his points value as about 230-270
you could make it that Checking it Twice only applies to Utgar or a personalty like relentless, tormenting, and ferocious.

To sound more official when wording abilities use there name instead of unit....Example
All friendly figures within 4 clear spaces of Mrs. Claus receive....blah blah

Snow soldiers seem a little high priced for 2 figures, especially since they have no range. points 80-100.

Last edited by wolfeman1968; January 26th, 2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM

I updated the cards that were already on, added new ones that I hadn't gotten around to getting them on yet, and fixed prices.

Added: Snow Monster, Santa's Elves, and Rudolf.
Updated: Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Santa's Reindeer, Yetis, and Snow Soldiers.

Last edited by Master Tang; January 26th, 2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old January 28th, 2010, 08:54 PM

Scaper Fan Woo who?

I think your Yeti are overpriced by like 20 points. They are like the Quasatch Hunters but they only gain strength on snow, while Quasatch gains it on all soulborgs as well as gaining movement next to jungle. I believe they should be about 90 points good job on your customs tho.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards