Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old June 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Custom figure bases

Sorry if this is someone on the site that I couldn't find, but I did a bunch of searches and couldn't find it (and was unwilling to scroll through threads with sometimes hundreds of posts).

Anyway, I am seriously thinking of removing my Heroclix figs from their bases and putting them on generic Heroscape type bases.

I am unwilling to remove official HS figures from official HS bases, so that is out.

I know that the decals are in the download section so all I need are generic bases. It appears that official HS bases are 30mm, so has anyone tried out the Dark Age (Warmachine) bases, which are 30mm and appear to be pretty cheap?

http://www.dark-age.com/store/produc...products_id=60

Are there other bases that people have used and had luck with?
Old June 14th, 2009, 06:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom figure bases

I was searching for the same thing last night I came across this thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=534.

I couldn't view the ones in your link yet as it appears their site is down at the moment.

Cheers
Old June 14th, 2009, 09:37 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

What did you SEARCH under?

Just searched under "bases" and found a bunch of threads on custom bases.
Old June 14th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"bases"
"custom bases"
"purchasing bases"

Many others...
Old June 14th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Theme Nerd

Just searched again using "bases"...

1. This thread
2. 100% Theoryscape
3. Custom Star Wars Rules
4. C3G Discussion Thread
5. GreyOwl's Customs
6. NM24 Process

...and so forth....nothing at all about custom bases (unless it is buried in a long thread as a tangent.)
Old June 14th, 2009, 10:09 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Sometimes, you can get better results if you limit the search to thread titles.

As for my own customs, I buy them in lots off ebay or rip them off of extra RotV figures. The latter can be surprisingly satisfying - destroying toys is FUN!
Old June 14th, 2009, 10:17 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
Just searched again using "bases"...

1. This thread
2. 100% Theoryscape
3. Custom Star Wars Rules
4. C3G Discussion Thread
5. GreyOwl's Customs
6. NM24 Process

...and so forth....nothing at all about custom bases (unless it is buried in a long thread as a tangent.)
Search TITLES ONLY
Old June 14th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Theme Nerd

Thanks...that helped. Lots of questions but not many specific answers as to specific brands/styles that worked best.
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This is a question I'd like to find a good answer to as well, Badger, considering all the C3G work and what not. Clix bases just don't fit well on ladders or in tight spots on Scape maps. Not sure if the ones in that picture would work or not, but if anyone's ever brave enough to try, I hope they report back here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 16th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Theme Nerd

Well, I picked up the set I linked above (a local game store had them for about $3 for a pack of 10). They are slightly smaller than HS bases (circumference), but otherwise, they work very well. The big issue for many custom figures, namely whether the bases work on the HS ladders, is a non-issue as they fit pretty well (they aren't quite as snug, but snug enough to stay in play).

I will post some pictures when the figures are done (they are drying).

Last edited by badgermaniac; July 18th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old July 18th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd like to see the pictures too, when you get a chance.

Normally I use molds I made to make my own bases, but if there's something I could buy for less time and money, I'm all for it!
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Theme Nerd

Here is the Warrior Woman custom I posted in my Invaders thread, plus a Kid Flash figure I had laying around.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations