Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 27th, 2016, 02:23 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 7/27 - Deadeye Dan v2

Nice take on Deadeye Dan, interesting combination of his powers The only reason I think his tier level is so low is because he's too inconsistent for competitive play. However he still sees a lot of use at home. Everyone's got at least one outlandish Dead Eye Dan story.

I always thought there weren't enough Sniper units in Heroscape. Plenty of Ranged fighters, but not enough purely sniping ones. Probably because they're tricky to design and balance. I tried a take on it with a squad a while back myself:
Spoiler Alert!

~TAF, who also wouldn't mind seeing more V2 units for neglected figures. Recycled as it may be, SotM may have been onto something...

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 28th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 7/27 - Deadeye Dan v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Nice take on Deadeye Dan, interesting combination of his powers The only reason I think his tier level is so low is because he's too inconsistent for competitive play. However he still sees a lot of use at home. Everyone's got at least one outlandish Dead Eye Dan story.

I always thought there weren't enough Sniper units in Heroscape. Plenty of Ranged fighters, but not enough purely sniping ones. Probably because they're tricky to design and balance. I tried a take on it with a squad a while back myself:
Spoiler Alert!

~TAF, who also wouldn't mind seeing more V2 units for neglected figures. Recycled as it may be, SotM may have been onto something...
I agree, I always wanted some more purely sniper units in the game, and I think there's a lot of good potential for them. I really like your squad - I think that's a good example of a strong sniping unit that has a strong punch without being OP.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 10th, 2016, 01:16 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 8/29 - Pirates!

Delahaye Sisters

The first of a few pirate units I have in the pipeline, the Delahaye Sisters bring a few new things to the battlefield. First is their Cannon-Fire Special Attack, which is my take on artillery in HeroScape. It's similar to one of HOSS's figures, General Veers (thanks TREX for pointing out the name), who can call in fire from an off-board AT-AT. Here, I envisioned the pirates running through the field, engaging enemies as their off-board allies shoot cannonballs at enemies ahead. It also gave me a way to give them a long-range option to help my upcoming rogue faction against opposing ranged turtle armies.

Their other ability, A Sister's Vengeance, comes from another custom I made for a custom contest. It's slightly changed, but I think it helps a lot with a two-figure Unique Squad. It also plays very thematically. All in all my playtesting with this squad led to fun and exciting games, and I had a blast.

Figures Used: Tessa Fairwind and Pirate Sailor (Pathfinder: Skulls and Shackles)

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Next Time: Another Unique Squad with a new power - Crossfire
Old August 10th, 2016, 01:23 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 8/10 - Pirates!

Very cool! I love that. Seems to be pretty balanced, and definitely worth throwing in your army as a filler. Look forward to seeing more pirates...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 10th, 2016, 10:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 8/10 - Pirates!

Love pirates, I'm going to be making a "BOATLOAD" of pirate customs soon. Have you ever seen the game Rum and Bones? I have every pirate faction out, a ton of the heroes, and I went all in on Rum and Bones: Second Tide. The Deckhands for the factions are in sculpts of 3, they will be great for squads, and bosens will be great for common heroes, and all the other heroes, well...heroes. The figure that calls in the AT-AT shot from HOSS is General Veers of the Galactic Empire. Thanks for sharing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 10th, 2016, 11:49 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Delahaye Sisters

The first of a few pirate units I have in the pipeline, the Delahaye Sisters bring a few new things to the battlefield. First is their Cannon-Fire Special Attack, which is my take on artillery in HeroScape. It's similar to one of HOSS's figures (I forget which one...) who can call in fire from an off-board AT-AT. Here, I envisioned the pirates running through the field, engaging enemies as their off-board allies shoot cannonballs at enemies ahead. It also gave me a way to give them a long-range option to help my upcoming rogue faction against opposing ranged turtle armies.

Their other ability, A Sister's Vengeance, comes from another custom I made for a custom contest. It's slightly changed, but I think it helps a lot with a two-figure Unique Squad. It also plays very thematically. All in all my playtesting with this squad led to fun and exciting games, and I had a blast.

Spoiler Alert!
Love the ideas in this custom!! I could see bumping their Move to 6 to help them get in the action a little quicker .. though maybe with Cannon Fire you want to keep them back.
Old August 10th, 2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Very cool! I love that. Seems to be pretty balanced, and definitely worth throwing in your army as a filler. Look forward to seeing more pirates...
Thanks! I'm excited to show more of my pirates too. Unfortunately they're a little farther down my playtesting queue, but they'll pop up hopefully fairly soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Love pirates, I'm going to be making a "BOATLOAD" of pirate customs soon. Have you ever seen the game Rum and Bones? I have every pirate faction out, a ton of the heroes, and I went all in on Rum and Bones: Second Tide. The Deckhands for the factions are in sculpts of 3, they will be great for squads, and bosens will be great for common heroes, and all the other heroes, well...heroes. The figure that calls in the AT-AT shot from HOSS is General Veers of the Galactic Empire. Thanks for sharing.
I'd heard of Rum and Bones, but didn't realize it was a miniatures game as well. I just looked at a bunch of sculpts and I agree, they'll make great customs. I can't wait to see what you come up with for them!
And thanks for the note about General Veers, I'll edit it into my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post

Love the ideas in this custom!! I could see bumping their Move to 6 to help them get in the action a little quicker .. though maybe with Cannon Fire you want to keep them back.
I did experiment a little with starting them at 6 move. I actually tampered with all of their stats at one point or another, but they kept ending up too strong, which would have been fine if I just upped their points, but I wanted them to be a cheaper option. But you're right, with the range of Cannon Fire the extra move isn't needed a ton. (Though one of my variations had 6 Move with a shorter range for Cannon Fire. There were a lot of ways they could have gone.)

Thanks all for stopping by and for the kind words and feedback!

10 Points Under Videos

Old August 24th, 2016, 01:35 AM

BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 8/24 - Mariedian Vanguard!

402nd Vanguard

The 402nd Vanguard is an elite squad of Mariedians. They were organized before the rise of the Soulborgs, and were some of the first to lead against the Soulborgs' rebellion. Unfortunately that means they were some of the first to fall as well, but now on Valhalla they are prepared to again fight with their fellow Mariedians against their enemies, be the Soulborg or Dragon.

To me, there seems to be a certain process when playtesting a unit. At first, you have a new unit, and you need to play a few games to learn how to play it. Then, you need to learn how to play against it. Once that's done, you can correctly determine wether your point cost is accurate.

This was the case with the 402nd. I've had the power for them decided for a long time, and just needed to finally test it out. At first, I got discouraged thinking they were in no way strong enough. Then, once I learned how to really play them, they ended up over performing and I was worried I'd made them OP. However, I then learned how to play against them, and the games at that point became really close, and I after only a couple adjustments, I had the point level right where I wanted it.

Figures Used: Mandalorian Commando (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic), Mandalorian Scout (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic), Mandalorian Trooper (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force), Mandalorian Commander (Star Wars: Bounty Hunters) (Slightly repainted)

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; July 8th, 2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Next Time: The Goblins have a new friend - and they've named her Millie
Old August 24th, 2016, 03:24 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker
Re: BiggaBullfrog's Customs - Update 8/24 - Mariedian Vangua

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
402nd Vanguard

I like the fact that you made a card that is not too grandiose and does not try to fix everything in one card. It reminds me of Wait Then Fire in that it is thematic, simple, and yet very effective.

The only critique is in the sculpt choice itself because the similar armor does not necessarily match the current thematic idea of rag-tag, resistance fighters. But it is not hard to imagine that the mariedian resistance has gained some traction and have had the time and new resources to build proper soulborg fighting equipment. Additionally, it is no simple task to find figures that resemble each other enough to make a cohesive squad, yet you have managed to find four so kudos to you! Overall they look like a lot if fun and I'd be interested to see what role they would fill in a mariedian army.

Finally I love the teaser in the edit but I wish you would post it already! I wanna know do the goblins have someone to bond with? Is she a big beastie? A giant millipede? I don't know but I'm excited it's a she because sometimes it seems that decent female heroes and figures are hard to find. Can't wait to see your next reveal!
Old August 24th, 2016, 04:28 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Very cool Unit. Seems really fun to play...I mean dang, from elevation these guys could do some serious work against even the strongest of units. Initially, they do seem to be balanced at 85 points b/c they do have the potential to wreak havoc when attacking the same figure. Very cool indeed.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 24th, 2016, 10:17 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Very cool card @BiggaBullfrog , I like that the card is simple, yet effective. These guys look like their points are some what fitting. The cost may be a touch low. Not sure how much you have play tested them. Reasons being: and I'm comparing them to 10th and 4th mass. 4th mass has to have a valiant army to get the third defense die. 10th have to be adjacent to get an extra bayonet defense die. These guys may not have as much firepower as the both of the others on squad units, but a little more killing power on hero units. I'm not sure, they look pretty on after theoryscaping it in my head. I think its funny how the mandalorian figures have morphed into the mariedian's of customscape. Well done, I'm not sure there is anything in the works for those guys in HOSS any time soon anyway.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 25th, 2016, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius23__14 View Post

I like the fact that you made a card that is not too grandiose and does not try to fix everything in one card. It reminds me of Wait Then Fire in that it is thematic, simple, and yet very effective.

The only critique is in the sculpt choice itself because the similar armor does not necessarily match the current thematic idea of rag-tag, resistance fighters. But it is not hard to imagine that the mariedian resistance has gained some traction and have had the time and new resources to build proper soulborg fighting equipment.
Aw man, I totally meant to address the issue of the matching armor in the post to add flavor/backstory to the unit but forgot, so I’ll fix that. Basically though these are Mariedians who witnessed the beginning of the Soulborg uprising, so they’re from when the Mariedians were in their prime, rather than when they were reduced to a rag-tag resistance. Thus the armor and training that comes with their position (similar to how Jarek Guy is from an earlier period as well).

Quote:
Finally I love the teaser in the edit but I wish you would post it already! I wanna know do the goblins have someone to bond with? Is she a big beastie? A giant millipede? I don't know but I'm excited it's a she because sometimes it seems that decent female heroes and figures are hard to find. Can't wait to see your next reveal!
A giant millipede would be awesome! But I don’t have a miniature for that. But as things have been going smoothly on the playtesting front recently I’m sure I’ll be revealing the next one soon enough, so stay tuned! And I think you’ll be surprised on what she turns out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Very cool Unit. Seems really fun to play...I mean dang, from elevation these guys could do some serious work against even the strongest of units. Initially, they do seem to be balanced at 85 points b/c they do have the potential to wreak havoc when attacking the same figure. Very cool indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Very cool card @BiggaBullfrog , I like that the card is simple, yet effective. These guys look like their points are some what fitting. The cost may be a touch low. Not sure how much you have play tested them. Reasons being: and I'm comparing them to 10th and 4th mass. 4th mass has to have a valiant army to get the third defense die. 10th have to be adjacent to get an extra bayonet defense die. These guys may not have as much firepower as the both of the others on squad units, but a little more killing power on hero units. I'm not sure, they look pretty on after theoryscaping it in my head. I think its funny how the mandalorian figures have morphed into the mariedian's of customscape. Well done, I'm not sure there is anything in the works for those guys in HOSS any time soon anyway.
Thanks for the feedback guys! You’re both right that they have potential to be really powerful when attacking single figures. And your thoughts started a train of thought that went a lot longer than I intended, so if you want to read it it's in the spoiler. I was going to shorten it but it gives insight to my personal custom-creating process so I thought I'd leave it intact for anyone who might be interested.
Spoiler Alert!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards