Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Arch-vile's customs

Arch-vile's custom cards

Classic Heroscape customs:
Spoiler Alert!

Lord of the Rings customs:
Spoiler Alert!

Star Wars customs:
Spoiler Alert!

My Proxies (official designs where I used a different figure and made a new card)
Spoiler Alert!

----------------

My old & mostly ridiculous/overpowered customs:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arch-vile; June 8th, 2020 at 11:41 PM.
Old November 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch's Vile Customs

Units in OP

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 27th, 2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: see top post or post below
Old November 6th, 2011, 04:06 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Haven't posted any units for a while so here goes.

Undead on horse:

Filler dino:

Halloween Custom (for Lama's contest):
I like your customs because they are simple, straightforward, and original. However, I think they are all either under-priced or overpowered. Sir Groalg Et Nah's aura is very very powerful, and since he has move 8, attack 4, and defense 5 I think you should bump up his points by 50-100. The alternative would be to nerf his attack to 2 or at least 3. His aura alone makes him a formidable attacker, and his move would let him grab height pretty easily.

Wraakk would probably be better priced at 30-40 points.

Jack looks like he is pretty well set up, but I would probably bump him to 140 points.

On a different note, the D&D waves are still fairly easy to come by (on sale at CoolStuffInc. right now, I believe) and most of them are pretty good. I suggest you grab a few packs--grab doubles of the common packs, if you can.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I dropped in to give a review of your Halloween entry. While I'm at it, why not do a couple more.

Sir Groalg et Nah

Heck of a name on this guy. Does it have some meaning?

Fear Aura can be pretty nasty. A range of 4 is pretty huge, and with 4 life/5 defense he should be able to stand his ground for a while. I personally think it's a bit odd, though, that his aura affects mindless creatures like Undead and Constructs. If his aura didn't affect Undead, he would synergize well with them by weakening your opponent.

Right now the best use of the figure is something you probably never intended. I would run this guy forward and take the high ground near my opponent. Then I would use a range force, such as KMA, to slaughter all the figures affected by Fear Aura. Alternatively I would draft him alongside the Axegrinders and use him as a meat shield that provides Fear Aura to my enemies.

Wraakk

I like the simple design, and I like things that kill 4th Mass.

I have to agree with capsocrates that he is overpriced. If nothing else, he's got 3 life and 3 defense. It's not great, but that's a lot for such a cheap figure. Sure, Marcu has more life, but he tends to turn on you. 30pts is probably ok. I would suggest going the other way and dropping his life to 1. That way he can stay a cheap filler. And at that point you could even make him a Common Hero.

Jack

Another solid, straightforward design. I like the name too .

I'll have to disagree with capsocrates on the cost. I think he's about right, or at least close. Trick just shifts the odds a bit; dropping two defense from your opponent is roughly equivalent to an extra attack die. Which puts Jack at a 5/5 with 4 life. Pretty solid guy, but he has no easy synergies and is limited to a single attack. Disengage is really the key to the figure -- it allows him to fulfill the role of assassin, especially with that high movement. But then Treat curiously works against that, making it so that he's probably done for after getting his kill. I would perhaps put him a bit more expensive, maybe as high as 115, but 105 isn't a bad place to start playtesting.

As far as the contest is concerned, I think he's a bit weak on theme. While Trick and Treat are thematic enough names, I have a personal test of "if I change the names of the powers, does it still feel like Halloween?" From that measurement, Jack is pretty much just an assassin figure.

Still, a solid entry. I hope to see more of your straightforward yet interesting designs in future holiday contests.
Old January 18th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Star Wars

Scy and Cap, thanks a ton for the advice. I realized that I really should playtest and refine pointcost on my cards if I am going to share them with this community, so I have taken a bit of a break for a while. I have taken your suggestions, and hope to have updated cards up sometime soon.

Wraakk- lowered life to 2, seemed to even him out with Isamu for survivability. He is still worth more, but then so is Isamu, and this way both teams get a nice filler.

Sir Groalg- Yep, the name has meaning. Its an anigram of my name. Sounded sorta cool I thought ;D I need to playtest this guy more. Some games his aura kills EVERYTHING, other games he dies in 2 hits. I might make him similar to Zombie Hulk, where the aura only helps undead. Ill probably raise points a little and cut all synergies he could have, along with rethinking that aura. BACK TO THE LAB FOR THIS ONE

Jack- Initially I was worried about point cost as well, then I realized who Jack was so similar to: Carr. Carr is actually better, with more attack & range for -1 defense. 105 to be on the safe side though.

On to the new- STAR WARS! I will start with the iconic SW character, Mr. Vader. EU stuff will follow if readers are okay with no cards (I don't like when people don't have cards either, so I'm kinda being hypocritical here...)

Darth Vader
Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 6

Cyborg
Unique Hero
With
Fearsome (not sure on this one)

FORCE CHOKE
Instead of attacking, Vader may choose any figure within 3 clear sight spaces and give it one wound. Droids and Soulborgs are not affected.

YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME (Idea from the master himself, GreyOwl)
When any figure within 3 clear sight spaces attacks with a normal attack and does not cause a wound, Vader must immediately use force choke on that figure.

COUNTER STRIKE

335 POINTS

As always, any comments are appreciated. Thanks to GreyOwl and the Star Wars Custom Creators for any power ideas I "borrowed"/stole.

Last edited by Arch-vile; January 18th, 2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: typo...
Old February 21st, 2012, 10:41 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Star Wars

I'm back and the quality of my customs has improved, hopefully. Thanks to all who helped me learn how to use MSE, it has made my card-making much quicker. New cards up front, Meetra Surik, and Echtna, an evil elf for Valkrill.
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Star Wars:Exar Kun, Meetra Surik

Exar Kun, the undead Sith spirit from Kevin J. Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy, has been added to the OP.
Old February 27th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Doomguy and Einar dragon added

Doomguy and Spetznova the "Q9 of the sky" have been added.

The Fellowship of the Ring is next!
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Darth Bane & Starkiller added

Well, the Fellowship is still in the works, but Darth Bane and Starkiller were done, so here they are. I really love MSE.
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Lord of the Rings

First three of the Fellowship are up. Others are in the works (hobbits are difficult to design).
Old March 6th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Pokemon, zombies, more Jedi

Pokemon are new, along with a Jedi Master and undead arms! Qui-Gon Jinn, Lugia, Aragorn, and Gandalf should be in the next installment.
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Arch-Vile's Customs- Pokemon, zombies, more Jedi

I love the concept of your Zombie Graspers!

I also love your Blasting Off Again power for Meowth, but rolling 3 defense dice means that 8 out of 9 times Meowth will avoid taking any damage. If Meowth gets height advantage (which it will with Blasting Off Again), it has a 15 out of 16 chance (4 defense dice) of avoiding damage. It could take forever to take it down. Still, it's thematic and looks like a lot of fun to play.

Have you playtested Meowth yet?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards