Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 22nd, 2006, 02:02 AM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?
SpiderM9's Overhaul and Rebuild Shop

Hi everybody. This is my first new topic post.

I was inspired by all you custom folks to try to make an Agent Bale. That went pretty well, but I wasn't sure what to do with the rest of the agents. I had already donated Carr's sword to a (still being worked on) Sgt. Drake, so I put Agent Bale's donated gun in Carr's empty hand. I had an idea to paint him in the saffron and orange of (OK, stay with me here, it just seemed kind of funny at the time) of those Hare Krishna guys that I used to run into in the airport years ago. It just seemed natural to call him "The Preacher". So just about the time I was considering changing The Preacher's skin color so he didn't look so much like Carr it just popped into my head to make him an Orc. That's when I learned about "green stuff", and so here you have it. I'm thinking there's got to be an intersting story about how this Orc ended up at the Agent Academy.

The special "Immobalize" comes straight from those same run ins at the airport, they just never wanted to let you get away without buying a tootsie roll.

I didn't want him to be too powerful, so I'm more interested in keeping the 80 points than in keeping the other stats, but since this is my first custom I really have no idea if it is balanced.

Anyway, if this post works, enjoy -- the Orc Agent Preacher.

P.S. He's got two Orc ears, just an odd angle. Stay tuned for "The Rookies" -- these cards take so darn long to make.

Whaaar's my piratin' outfit?
Old July 22nd, 2006, 02:20 AM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?
Rats.

His attack was supposed to be 3, and the range on Immobilize is supposed to be 1. Too late for this stuff.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 07:55 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
nice modelling and conversion! I like the style of the card, too. looking forward to seeing more!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:11 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?
Please bear with me as I try to figure out how to use photobucket.

This (might be) a fixed up version of The Preacher:

Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:57 PM

Widigo has disabled reputation
It is a nice custom idea, but what does he have to do with Orkz, I mean he is wearing cloths a big no no for the Blue Skinz. I also would like to discuss the figure, this being the area of customization that holds my compassion. You say Ork ears, did you use the ears off of an Ork, that is a small area of details and not one I can see turning out correctly.

As far as the card goes, I think it looks awesome. His abilities suit his storyline.

Good Job, I look foreword to more.

Widigo

Is Blade a direct inspiration here, the agent that fights against his kin.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:12 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?
Here's a better shot of his head and feet. I used green stuff to craft the pointed ears, then another bit of it to make his head pointed. I put a thin line of it on his brow also. Then I took two little balls of green stuff, smashed them ontop of his shoes, and pressed lines into them so his feet match the barefoot orc feet.

As for the clothes, I guess he just prefers them. I mean, they're not supposed to be Agents either. He's just an Orc rebel. Keep in mind he used to dress like Grimnak.

Here's my next one. These were the two KMA left over after I made an Agent Bale. The big motivation for this one came from playing with my 7 year old son. He's crazy about heroscape. Prefers it to his GameBoy Advance (which is saying a lot!). When drafting, he was always so concerned about using every single point that he'd end up picking a card that didn't help as much as one that was 10 or 20 points less could have. I wanted to try to make something that was playable at 20 points. I don't suspect you'd actually place turn markers on these guys very often, just have them wait around for another agent to make a kill.

The way the Inspiration special is worded is intentional, it works for any agent, not just those you control. The color of their shirts matches Agent Bale's red jumpsuit, so I like to think of them as her trainees.

Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:18 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
On the Preechers card it says he is an Einar unit but his card is a Vydar type.

Other than that everything looks pretty good.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Nice painting on the Rookies. Colours go well together, in my opinion
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?
Quote:
Su-Bak-Na On the Preechers card it says he is an Einar unit but his card is a Vydar type.
Oops, you're right, he's Vydar.

My big question is whether or not The Rookies are really a 20 point unit.

Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:41 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderM9
My big question is whether or not The Rookies are really a 20 point unit.
I'd say 30 points and good to go. I really like this squad! Inspiration is sweet and not too powerful since the rookies are only 4 range and 2 attack. You could probably make this a 3 man squad for 50 points.

The Preacher is cool too, but I don't know if I would go to his church
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:27 AM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?
It's been a long while since I posted anything here....

This Agent Bale was my first repaint (copied from someone else) and inspired (and now completes) the agent set I started above with The Rookies and The Preacher.

This next one is a repose (sliced and glued arm), repaint, and some sculpy. The "Attacks from Below" special came about since the arms were both reaching upward after the repose. I think he lives under the bridge through the Forgotten Forest.

Hope you like them!

Old July 1st, 2007, 09:25 AM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Hey, spider! Nice customs! I love the different style. Especially how you use a picture of them actually on the battlefield. For the preacher, I think he's kind of a mish mosh of different character and needs to find nitch. I am okay with him wearing clothes but I would suggest taking of the shirt by painting it the same color as his skin and dirty everything up a little bit with some dry brushing. I like the new fiantooth and the rookies but I would suggest uping their prices a little.

6 x 9 = 42

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards