Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 24th, 2020, 11:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Gambit (AoA) (Breathing)

Mob with Civs, then destroy them for unlockable explosions.
GLs are going to hate that.
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:04 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
It this another one of those "this is AoA Gambit but not really" type designs? I don't think there's a figure for AoA Gambit, who has a fairly unique look, and is a leader of a mutant thieves' guild rather than a usual X-Man.

Not really super hot on the dual-classing thing here, I'd pick a lane.

In general, I like the draft, and I do like the glyph stuff, even if it's a light touch. I'd go with a more specific name than Kinetic Conversion to sell the "deck of cards" flair, and he should be affected by his own explosions.
Was intended to be AoA Gambit through and through, but upon second look, it appears he doesn’t have a clix of his AoA version like I thought he did. Though I seem to recall him looking similar enough with the trench coat and all, but maybe that changes? So perhaps we may need to go with someone else for now.

I also took him for a member of the X-Men as well throughout several points in the story. From what I remember reading he seemed to be teaming with them quite a bit throughout at least.
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:17 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

The blue part of Street rat I'd just add to Sleight of Hand. Saves some text and flows better.
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
The blue part of Street rat I'd just add to Sleight of Hand. Saves some text and flows better.
Sleight of Hand is a reuse so that's a no go.
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:23 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

So rename it
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:36 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
It this another one of those "this is AoA Gambit but not really" type designs? I don't think there's a figure for AoA Gambit, who has a fairly unique look, and is a leader of a mutant thieves' guild rather than a usual X-Man.

Not really super hot on the dual-classing thing here, I'd pick a lane.

In general, I like the draft, and I do like the glyph stuff, even if it's a light touch. I'd go with a more specific name than Kinetic Conversion to sell the "deck of cards" flair, and he should be affected by his own explosions.
Was intended to be AoA Gambit through and through, but upon second look, it appears he doesn’t have a clix of his AoA version like I thought he did. Though I seem to recall him looking similar enough with the trench coat and all, but maybe that changes? So perhaps we may need to go with someone else for now.

I also took him for a member of the X-Men as well throughout several points in the story. From what I remember reading he seemed to be teaming with them quite a bit throughout at least.
Oh, yeah, he's definitely at least X-Men adjacent - like he teams up with them, he fights against Apocalypse, he's part of the core team. So he's justifiable as Rebel. Might need a new personality, I dunno, been a long time since I read AoA stuff.

Poking around a bit, I do see two other AoA Gambit costumes. This one from the brief reboot era:

And the one in the bottom left of X-Men Alpha #1 that looks more traditional:

But I can't find any other sources for that look, it seems kind of like a hybrid between his mainstream costume and the usual AoA one?
Old May 25th, 2020, 09:18 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Other than probably wanting to see at least one stat stacking game against like a mid level army that isn't too high on defense dice, nothing too stand out. A Zatanna II pairing with that should get you to the 900 point range, and 5 attacks at 5 range could probably do some serious damage, especially when you still have 3 dice backing it up and a real high chance of the blank roll.

I think the theme on it is so dang great, and really wish we had more stealable glyphs so we weren't feeling like stealing powers were borderline useless.
Old May 25th, 2020, 11:39 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it and I like the dual class. In AoA he was both a rebel and a Thief. It also gives him theme justifiable flexibility.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 25th, 2020, 12:23 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Mob with Civs, then destroy them for unlockable explosions.
GLs are going to hate that.
Probably should limit it to destroying opponent's figures, as I'd hate to see that become the go-to exploit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Other than probably wanting to see at least one stat stacking game against like a mid level army that isn't too high on defense dice, nothing too stand out. A Zatanna II pairing with that should get you to the 900 point range, and 5 attacks at 5 range could probably do some serious damage, especially when you still have 3 dice backing it up and a real high chance of the blank roll.
He only has an attack of 4, so he'd have to be at height with 2 stat boosters in order to achieve the 5 attacks of 3 dice, but yeah, absolutely on my testing priorities when doing initials.

Quote:
Oh, yeah, he's definitely at least X-Men adjacent - like he teams up with them, he fights against Apocalypse, he's part of the core team. So he's justifiable as Rebel. Might need a new personality, I dunno, been a long time since I read AoA stuff.

But I can't find any other sources for that look, it seems kind of like a hybrid between his mainstream costume and the usual AoA one?
His appearance is still close enough to his main look that it shouldn't pose too much of an issue. It's essentially the poncho/scarf type thing that's the only major difference.

I think the class of Rebel is a fitting class for anyone opposing Apocalypse in that story and directly doing something about it. Be it X-Men, X-ternals, Generation Next etc. Mystique is another potential candidate I may get to, and she's not a part of the X-men, but still serves a role to help rebel against Apocalypse etc. The main appeal is tying the heroes from that storyline/universe together.

Thief is there mainly to capture any future X-ternals synergy japes would like to see. I feel like the theft power is at least enough to not make it not feel out of place or tacked on. Not married to it, but if it can be included, that's cool too.
Old May 25th, 2020, 01:49 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

In general I just feel like dual classing is something that's a "use sparingly" thing. Unless we have a strong mechanical reason to throw him in with the thieves, I'm not a fan of it here - particularly since we already have a Thief Gambit, so it's not like there's any pressure to "have it all" here.

And yeah, I'm fine with a simple mod/repaint or whatever for AoA Gambit if there's any viable comic art for it or evidence it's actually used. I can't find any though, so without that I think we'd need something with the spandex-and-cape look.
Old May 25th, 2020, 01:51 PM

Not looking to mod anything personally, so if it's a must have, we can just move on to something else until a mini is available.
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:02 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Kinda bad quality but I found one albeit small, so there should be more.

Last edited by Karat; May 25th, 2020 at 02:17 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library