Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 11th, 2007, 07:21 PM

Rajaat the Warbringer has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour

Marcu is immune to the Eternal Hatred roll if Ornak activates him.
Am I incorrect in this thought?
He would lose Eternal Hatred if Morsbane negated him

"Go forth, then, and avenge my death!"
-- The ghost of the English language
"A Kingdom of Loathing"
Old August 12th, 2007, 10:46 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajaat the Warbringer
Quote:

He would lose Eternal Hatred if Morsbane negated him
That's a handy thing to know!
I used Marcu more in the game i played today and he turned on his team twice! He lasted longer than he usually does aswell.
Old August 12th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
Quote:

yes
Actually, I don't think you're incorrect. Since the card says when you "reveal an order marker" and you don't reveal an order marker when activating him with Ornak, you shouldn't have to worry about Eternal Hatred. That's my interpreation, anyway.
Old August 12th, 2007, 08:20 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I have been playing the Ornak/Marcu combo, and I see no problems with it. It is worded in such a way that it technically avoids Eternal Hatred, and it really hasn't felt broken either.
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
I have been playing the Ornak/Marcu combo, and I see no problems with it. It is worded in such a way that it technically avoids Eternal Hatred, and it really hasn't felt broken either.
I agree, because while it bypasses Eternal Hatred it also limits when you can activate him without Eternal Hatred (only on Order Marker 1 and when he's within 8 clear sight spaces of Ornak). So it seems to balance out.
Old August 12th, 2007, 10:15 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
I agree, because while it bypasses Eternal Hatred it also limits when you can activate him without Eternal Hatred (only on Order Marker 1 and when he's within 8 clear sight spaces of Ornak). So it seems to balance out.
Clearly, this is correct. If activated by Ornak, Marcu is not subject to the Eternal Hatred check.
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Played with this guy for the first time last night. My nephew had him and I ended up attacking with him more than my nephew due to him rolling high on the Eternal Hatred three times I only ended up killing one Roman Archer with him, but it was fun because it was like getting an extra turn each time.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 8th, 2007, 08:38 AM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
i dunno, this guy just seems like a bad thing to have on your side, unless you save him until the end of the game, too much risk with him attacking your own army.

Old September 8th, 2007, 09:20 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
He's not powerful enough to really do anything to your army, can only attack one unit per turn, and is given right back to you, and is only 20 points. Being scared of him because of Enternal Hatred just boggles the mind.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 8th, 2007, 09:30 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I used him in the Big Ole Monster tournament at Gencon.

Him and Isamu to round our my army of Q9 and Nilf. NWOJedi actually suggested them in place of Eldgrim. I could not have been happier with what Marcu can do.

He flies seven. He can often get to glyphs on his first activation. With 6 life, he can stay there awhile. He has high attack; enough to be scary to even big boys like Q9. In one of my games he put two wounds on the other player's Q9. Well worth 20 points right there.

In the 5 games I played that day, he only turned on me once. He did put a wound on my q9 when he turned. Overall though, I found him to be worth the risk. I used him I think a grand total of 8 times through the course of the 5 games. He has more tournament worth than I originally thought. Hatred doesn't hit that often. Obviously he is better suited when you have high defense units like Q9 in your army.

Also MattserTruckRally had him in his winning army for the GenCon grand championship.

To answer DNUTT, it is a clean break for eternal hatred. All synergies he has from your army are lost; all synergies from your opponent's are gained but just for the duration of the taken turn.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 3rd, 2007, 01:02 AM

Troy Spiral has disabled reputation
Some of these seemed to only be answered by consensus so i thought i'd send them to wizards and see what they said. Just got the reply today:

Quote:
Hello,

On the army unit Marcu Esenwein his ability of Eternal Hatred activates when i reveal an order marker then: on a roll of 17 or higher target opponent gains control of him "for the remainder of your turn".

Question 1:

If i have only Marcu left in my army and the victory condition is to destroy all opponents armies. Do i lose the game as soon as this guy rolls a 17+ and i give him away as he is now under my opponents control and i in effect have all units "under my control" dead?

Hasbro Answer 1 :

If the win condition for a scenario requires the destruction of your opponents characters, you will lose if you lose control of Marcu when he is your last figure.

My Question 2 :

For Marcu Esenwein's Eternal Hatred ability, it states "After revealing an order marker on this card, you must....." Using Ornak's Red Flag of Fury, you can activate two Utgar Unique Heroes without them having an order marker. If I use Ornak's Red Flag of Fury power to take a turn with Marcu, am I still forced to roll for Eternal Hatred?

Hasbro Answer 2:

As Ornak's ability is not revealing an order marker, it will not cause you to roll a die and possibly lose control of Marcu.

My Question 3:

Who is the "you" in his Life Drain ability of "If Marcu destroys an enemy figure you may remove a wound marker from this army card" does that mean "you - Marcus current controller" ?

Hasbro Answer 3:

The "You" does indeed refer to Marcu's current controller.

I think only number 1 seems contradictory to what the consensus on these seems to be.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 02:25 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think Answer 1 implies that Dr. Doom can win a game by Mind Exchanging the enemy's sole surviving hero. I certainly wouldn't have guessed he could, but maybe we'd better ask that, too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units